Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
I googled a translation...

Amparo filed by the Hotel Dreams Tulum as a means to prevent the closure and demolition of its facilities was rejected by the Second Court District, so the process of submitting a plan to compensate the damage caused to the environment through the center of hospeaje remain in place, briefed the director general of Environmental Impact Zone and the Federal Maritime Land of the Federal Environmental Protection (Profepa), Raziel Villegas Nunez.

He said that Profepa is quiet for the definitive suspension that was denied, even if additional people from the hotel Dreams promoted a new trial for defense, so it seems a very good thing, because it means that in addition to the Second District Court did an analysis extremely thoughtful and realized the serious violations and the risk that is being natural resources, and that is why the judge decided to deny the suspension.

Well, legally there is a judicial review which could make valid but I think that having seen the resolution of the suspension as much as we want to go to the petition for review I think it is going to remain strong this resolution, because it is obvious how that these people were incurred in the cases where the law provides for the closure, that is, damage to the environment, ecosystems, our natural resources. are obvious. We comment on some occasions we found four species of mangrove and is blocked stream hydrology of the wetland, and that is enough left over to be denied the suspension, regardless of having built three rooms and they have not respected the surface they should have stopped booking; regardless of who built on a site that did not have to having built, and that is why put the rooms of workers, "he said.
He noted that as at the time denounced the way that the suspension was so irregular, now the PROFEPA has confidence that is going to do justice, the judge in this situation it has done recently to analyze in depth the closures, not only because there is talk of the Dreams, but of the six trials that are in Tulum.
So is this good or bad news? On another note, I spoke with my TA today and she said that we can't change resorts now unless given permition by dreams or told to do so. If we do, we'll be penalized by the resort and our prices will not be protected. With that said, I'm at the mercy of the resort! Sucks!

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all that translation is totally jacked and incorrect.

second, that article is 5 (now almost 6) days old and not necessarily indicative of the up to the minute situation. i'm begging you girls to stop google translating spanish newspapers - it will always be incorrect because those internet translators dont account for grammar, which is why you can't understand the "translation."

i know this is a difficult situation wherein there are many uncertainties, but the best thing you all can do right now is to WAIT until dreams tulum is reinspected and listen for an official announcement. until then ANYTHING you hear that is not an official announcement is hearsay and may be incorrect.

Thanks everyone for your support! All the good thoughts and prayers are REALLY appreciated. Yeah, it's true what they say: you don't have much if you don't have your health. Lesson for all: during this trying time, be sure to take care especially good care of your health (and your FI's too!) b/c stress can seriously be a killer! Sleep/exercise/good food/vitamins--whatever works for you don't forget about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
first of all that translation is totally jacked and incorrect.

second, that article is 5 (now almost 6) days old and not necessarily indicative of the up to the minute situation. i'm begging you girls to stop google translating spanish newspapers - it will always be incorrect because those internet translators dont account for grammar, which is why you can't understand the "translation."

i know this is a difficult situation wherein there are many uncertainties, but the best thing you all can do right now is to WAIT until dreams tulum is reinspected and listen for an official announcement. until then ANYTHING you hear that is not an official announcement is hearsay and may be incorrect.
Maura, while I agree with what you say I have to say I don't 100% agree. I think it's best to hear what the resort has to say but also what the media has to say. If things are going badly in court the resort may try to make it sound better than it is to not loose too much business. I work in government so I see that type of thing every day - the government will always twist the truth around to make it sound better for them. So I think reading media reports can be very helpful, but you have to take it with a grain of salt and not believe that it's 100% the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Maura, while I agree with what you say I have to say I don't 100% agree. I think it's best to hear what the resort has to say but also what the media has to say. If things are going badly in court the resort may try to make it sound better than it is to not loose too much business. I work in government so I see that type of thing every day - the government will always twist the truth around to make it sound better for them. So I think reading media reports can be very helpful, but you have to take it with a grain of salt and not believe that it's 100% the truth.
Thanks sunbride! I completely agree! cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
I think you're misunderstanding what we're asking...

It's fine if you guys post things you hear from the resort, AND - IF you can read & understand spanish, translate an article for everyone - from the media. Using those google translators is not even worth it - it makes little to no sense because they dont account for grammar and therefore will translate each word for word, despite the context in which it's being used. What I am saying is not okay is to post hearsay info from so-and-so's hometown TA saying "we heard Dreams is going to reopen in the next few weeks" - when in reality they have no way of knowing this for sure when there has been no official announcement, and nobody knows if the resort has been inspected again yet, and if so, what the results are.

I am just asking that you all use good judgment in what you post on this thread, realizing that you brides are not the only people invested in this and checking this thread every single day. It's not cool to post speculation you may hear - it only gets people up in arms when it's totally unnecessary. I'm just saying, if you are going to post something you hear about the resort reopening, make sure it is FACT before you post it. Tammy is working very hard communicating with DT making sure she has the most up to date info for you.

Yeah that is what I meant by agree but not 100% agree. I definitely agree that online translators suck, they get a few words wrong and it completely messes it up.

But if somebody who understand spanish could translate that article there may be some hints (although perhaps not 100% factual) about what is going on in court.