Sarah Palin on SNL

rodent

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so regardless of how anyone feels personally about either candidate, i think it is really cool that BOTH came out to do SNL, and to reach out to the HUGE younger voter audience that they both have. its great that they realize what the future is made of!

and, i laughed at all 3 clips, but most of all at amy poehler for doing that rap so close to giving birth! now she deserves some credit! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
I thought Obama did a much better job than Palin. She did seem really uncomfortable. I think she was too nervous, and it showed, especially in the beginning w/ Alec Baldwin, and it just wasn't funny. She was supposed to do the rap, but she read it just before and wouldn't do it, so amy stepped up and did it. I would loved to have seen her do it, but she just doesn't seem to be a real care free type person to have a little fun at her own expense.
I thought that was all just acting. pretending she changed her mind about the rap and standing their awkwardly while alec balwin was talking.

I liked how amy was like, "i think i remember it...1,2,3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I thought that was all just acting. pretending she changed her mind about the rap and standing their awkwardly while alec balwin was talking.

I liked how amy was like, "i think i remember it...1,2,3"
i agree, i thought that was all just part of the skit. the delivery wasn't very convincing tho, which is why it fell a little flat. but honestly, if you were running for vp, would YOU have done that rap? i think it HAD TO be the skit ... she could have never agreed to that even if she wanted to because of the campaign. at least she had some fun with it (raising the roof) despite the fact that it poked a lot of fun at her. she's a good sport if nothing else.

i also liked when she walked past tina fey and they eyed each other ... classic moment.

thanks morgan for the obama clip ... i never caught that one.

I finally got to watch it. I thought the rap was hysterical. We watched it like 3 times because we would laugh and then miss the next part- every line was awesome. Props to Palin for poking some fun at herself. Even more props to Amy because she just rocks. I couldn't stop laughing after the "1, 2, 3." She had me hooked right away- too great.

Personally Morgan, I think my fav line was "I like red meat, so shoot the mother humping moose." I think I need to rewatch this for some giggles.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't think Palin looked nervous at all. The beginning with Alec was dead, but he couldn't remove his eyes of the prompter. I mean really- he's an actor. He couldn't remember those few lines. I think that's why it fell flat- at least for me. Mark was funny (& cute.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't think Palin looked nervous at all. The beginning with Alec was dead, but he couldn't remove his eyes of the prompter. I mean really- he's an actor. He couldn't remember those few lines. I think that's why it fell flat- at least for me. Mark was funny (& cute.)
I agree with you. I was surprised at how nervous Baldwin seemed to be. However, he did give Palin high marks in the press for her willingness to appear on the show and her professional attitude (and he is pretty anti-republican, if I remember correctly!).

I mean, really, that show has been pretty horrid to her, and she still was a good sport about it. I don't know if I could do something like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I finally got to watch it. I thought the rap was hysterical. We watched it like 3 times because we would laugh and then miss the next part- every line was awesome. Props to Palin for poking some fun at herself. Even more props to Amy because she just rocks. I couldn't stop laughing after the "1, 2, 3." She had me hooked right away- too great.

Personally Morgan, I think my fav line was "I like red meat, so shoot the mother humping moose." I think I need to rewatch this for some giggles.

oh yes the red meat line made me laugh too. i need to rewatch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtoteachlaw View Post
I agree with you. I was surprised at how nervous Baldwin seemed to be. However, he did give Palin high marks in the press for her willingness to appear on the show and her professional attitude (and he is pretty anti-republican, if I remember correctly!).

I mean, really, that show has been pretty horrid to her, and she still was a good sport about it. I don't know if I could do something like that!
i think he was the baldwin that was leaving the country is bush was reelected.

I wondered if he was staring at the prompter. i agree, he was awkward.