Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant Beach Bride View Post
I had thought about that too...just so I could have some more options. What led to your decision/thought?
Jacy saying I would have to pay $5 per white chair cover for the reception. lol... I am going to look at off site options. At the moment I am looking at Casa del Aqua and something about Blue Parrot? I think they are a WC...

Ohhh, that's not good. Why would you go to a Caribbean location to have your reception in a closed-in room? You could be anywhere and it wouldn't matter!! I hope that's not the case. My niece is having 40 people and I KNOW she won't want to hold her reception in a plain vanilla room. Also, depending on how large the banquet room is, what would you have - like 2 tables for 10 peoplehuh.gif

Do you know what the beach option would be? Can the reception be by the lagoon or at the pool?

I am expecting a definite 15 people of family and then who ever of our friends go (which most are still in college or don't have a "real" job yet...) So I am just thinking its going to be 15 of us... so yeah, that huge banquet room is gonna look sooo empty! Beach would be okay, but I wouldnt want it on the sand. I would want the reception on a patio of some sort or something with a ground...

Right now I am just feeling like screw it!!! It is too much to talk to the WC and try to get across what I want. Email is too slow. I will deal with all this crap when we are face to face. I know that DPA is the better choice over any other resort that would have my day available... So I am going to suck it up and do everything that I can do without the WC and just deal with them when we get there.

I am going to write to Jacy. I had told her that we definitely wanted a terrace or poolside reception. It seems like they nickel and dime you for everything! I do not know the area but I am going to try and look up restaurants in that area for a reception. I just hate having to cart everyone to another location for the reception. You know has anyone thought about this, reorts hold themed dinners almost everynight. If we can find what their themed dinner schedules are then why not have that as the reception. For example when we were in the Domincan, Friday night was their beach party night. It was decorated beautifully with linens, white covered chairs, great buffet, music, everything! The only thing everyone else is there also for dinner, but if your group came together you could all find tables together. I wrote to Jacy to try and find out this schedule but never got a response. I know it wouldn't be like a wedding reception, but just trying to throw out there different ideas that are cost effective. We are in the same pickle too. It makes me mad that they charge you for every little thing and tell you how you have to have things done. That's why you choose DW to have something unique and the way you want it. Good luck and I will keep you posted as to what I find out.

The chair covers are only included in the Ultimate package and for the ceremony ONLY. (I don't mean to compare to Dreams Tulum so much... but I was DT bride for some time... so I know about their weddings...) I know that pretty much ALL the brides there got chair covers for both the ceremony and reception no matter what their wedding package was. They would pay for the bows or the WC would put any bows they brought free of charge... Anyways, WHATEVER.

Natalia is working at DT right now... I have gotten emails from her from a DT address and one of the letters that Sandra (the DT group sales manager) sent out listed Natalia as a WC at DT... So I just hope DT rubs off on her and she comes back to DPA!

yes, the chair covers are included in the Ultimate Package, but only for 20 guests. Anything over that 20 is an additional cost. I think Jacy had told my niece that they would move the chair bows to the reception area chairs. Does that mean they will just have bows on the chairs and no covers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmaranto View Post
It makes me mad that they charge you for every little thing and tell you how you have to have things done. That's why you choose DW to have something unique and the way you want it.
I totally agree, it feels like they are nickel and diming everything. I could not believe when Bianca said it would be 5 dollars per chair for covers!!! I thought it would all be included in the package. I have thought about going off property but I really don't want to have to. So far my group is only 10 people and a banquet hall would be too big. I am considering using the free wedding that I qualify for and just going to one of the restaurants and paying the $20 per person to sit together and order off the menu. I don't know, but I feel like so much is out of my hands and they get to dictate my wedding. I know there are not a lot of us but maybe if we ban together so how we can get them to follow the same policies that DT has and we can actually plan our weddings the way we want them...just a thought.