August 2009 brides

Hi, ladies

I did not find any thread for us so I decided to create one. thewave.gif

I hope I am not the only early bird here. How far has anyone gotten with their plans?

I have book the location and paid my deposit

Set the date

I have sent my STD's

started hunting for a dress

decided on type of invite

had coordinator negotiate room rates

coordinator sent out flyers on room rates and date for deposits

still have lost to do. pinkie.gif

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I am so glad you started this thread!! I didn't see one either and was wondering if I am the only August 2009 bride on here...

Okay, I am a bit of an early bird too...

• Chosen my location and paid the deposit.
  • Found a Travel Agent who negotiated group rates.
  • Had my wedding put down deposits to secure their discounted rates... and some of them have even completed their aiirfare!
  • Found and ordered my STD's.
  • Been looking for a dress... and may have found 'the one'.
  • Been looking for bridesmaid dresses
  • Found but not yet ordered my favors.
  • Found but not yet ordered by BM gifts.

Hi,

lol, you must be so excited that you have posted your wedding date as if it already happened, you have 8/5/08. I am so excited too, I have been telling people that it is in June 2009. lol. Gald to meet you. I am working on a decorator now and a photographer. I think i found a decorator, she lives there and as far as photos i am so confused been meeting and researching too many people. I have passed that task off to my FI. Still hunting down a dress. I have been contemplating to get it made. I will be reaching outto a few dress shops today to see what a price quote for what I want would look like. Well, lets keep our spirits up. i will pass on any info you need.

Oh, is it possible I can speak with the person who negotiated air for you? I only have room negotiated. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrow View Post
Hi,

lol, you must be so excited that you have posted your wedding date as if it already happened, you have 8/5/08. I am so excited too, I have been telling people that it is in June 2009. lol. Gald to meet you. I am working on a decorator now and a photographer. I think i found a decorator, she lives there and as far as photos i am so confused been meeting and researching too many people. I have passed that task off to my FI. Still hunting down a dress. I have been contemplating to get it made. I will be reaching outto a few dress shops today to see what a price quote for what I want would look like. Well, lets keep our spirits up. i will pass on any info you need.

Oh, is it possible I can speak with the person who negotiated air for you? I only have room negotiated. Thanks.
He he!! I just changed it!! You are the first person who noticed that (including me!). Too funny!

Anyway, my travel agent is Carol at Scully Travel 973.379.3600 ext 10... she is really fantastic!

Good luck on looking at dresses!!! Let me know if you find anything!!

Hi girls! We're so funny! i was also beginning to wonder if I was the only August bride! I have a lot done, at least I think it is a lot. Seems like a lot cause I don't have a WC so I've been doing everything myself. Here's what I've done thus far:

Set our location and made deposit

Bought THE dress

sent out STD

sent out invites

reserved accommodation for everyone

bought bridesmaid dresses

booked photog and paid deposit

booked cake

bought rings

finishing booking rentals (chairs, linens, etc)

and finishing up flower order

When I list it I don't feel like its that much... there's always more to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentsThatMatter View Post
I have been asked a couple times about negotiating room rates. Did your resort move much on the standard "rack rates". I was told that you have to deal with the local manager to get a good rate.
thanks
We haven't even tried negotiating rates. Our rooms are all 10% off and then on top of that for every 10 rooms we book, we get one free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
We haven't even tried negotiating rates. Our rooms are all 10% off and then on top of that for every 10 rooms we book, we get one free.
I don't have an official WC either; just the one with the resort. I do have a TA though.. she negotiated rates for us with the resort that are 30% below 'rack rate'.

In the end our rate is only $200 more than 30% below, cause we're getting free rooms as well. Which really helps us. Our family has no problem paying for their accomodation, but my younger sister and a couple of our friends can afford travel, but not accomodation and they are part of our bridal party, so it really helps us with them. They can afford to come then. It's perfect! Our friends and family are very pleased with it and we love the setup so it's great all around and I didn't have to do any negotiation!

I love that we are so focuss. All these plans keep us motivated, and excited.

Ladies, do you think with a destination wedding,sending our STD, having our coordinators send flyers to potential wedding participants of reminders to pay for the hotel and the cost by a certain date (well, that is what my coordinator here in NY did), that an invitation is necessary? I want to do one, but....