and yet another "what should I do to my hair?" poll (PICS ADDED)

boscobel

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a member of the short hair community, I will say- yes, it's not easy to put your hair in a pony tail, but I think it's easier to do my hair. It dries faster and it's easy to straighten or just to wear curly. Depends on the person I suppose.

With long hair, I always put my hair in a pony tail towards the end of the day. It was kinda annoying for me- like why have long hair but not enjoy it right? So having short hair ensures I just leave it as is.

Kamay - I had the cut like Jenny McCarthy's a few years ago, so I was hoping to try something new now, although I just saw her on a sitcom and was thinking how much I love it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMAY11 View Post
I vote for Jennie's and Nicole's! After my wedding, I am also looking to chop my hair off....Katie's cut is super cute but the bangs freak me out! What about a cut like Jenny McCarthy's? I love her hair!

Here's a couple pics-in the first pic the length is too short for me (ignore the one with her longer hair), but I like the bangs. I love the length of her sitting at the table with the other celebs...maybe you could incorporate the longer bangs with the length of her sitting at the table??

Click the image to open in full size.

Amy - funny you should say that cuz I love Posh's new do! I love her style all the time except for the times I hate it. Hahahahaa. But I had my hair short-short like that for years before and usually ultimately end up back to it, but I don't want that right now. I only like my hair super short when I am really skinny. THen I can dye it all funky colors all the time, that's fun. I loved having short red hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Andy View Post
I'm loving the edgy Katie cut. Go for it. If you hate it, it would be easy to just get the new posh boy cut....kidding :) You can pull it off!
Mummer, Kamay, Rachel - in response to all of your comments, the reason I want short hair again is so that I HAVE to do it. I kinda feel like Rach in that what's the point if it's only in a pony? If my hair is down, it is ALWAYS up by the end of the night. I want something that I have to put a little effort in and can't just pull back.

That's also kinda the reason that I htink the Katie haircut might be best, cuz I will HAVE to do it. But I am still scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
i find that when my hair is short it actually takes MORE time and maintenance than when it's long!

i always *want* bangs and right after i cut them i'm sorry and pin them back until i can grow them out. never did a heavy bang like katie's tho! i say go for it ... it's just hair, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMAY11 View Post
I COMPLETELY agree....you can't throw short hair into a ponytail. Bangs are a lot of maintenance....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
As a member of the short hair community, I will say- yes, it's not easy to put your hair in a pony tail, but I think it's easier to do my hair. It dries faster and it's easy to straighten or just to wear curly. Depends on the person I suppose.

With long hair, I always put my hair in a pony tail towards the end of the day. It was kinda annoying for me- like why have long hair but not enjoy it right? So having short hair ensures I just leave it as is.

well as u know i wanted the katie pic when she first cut it too but held off b/c im a puss. i finally did cut it the bangs at least and left the rest longer, and i do like it, however i decided to let it grow back out for the wedding. as far as the maintenance, it only takes an additional 10, maybe, to do so i wouldn't worry about that. i say go for it. you are always open to new things so go for it. its only hair and it will grow back. shoot, you had a pixie cut before so what are you worried about! u can pull anything off. you already had the other cuts posted, jenny's etc. plus everyone has that style now anyway so id say go for the bangs. its chic as someone mentioned earlier. i think you have the perfect face for it, you always look stylish so this will just add to that. one thing i did do was razor my hair and im mad about that, ill never do that again. i wouldnt do that if your hair is thin. mine thick and it makes it all flippy and i cant stand it when it gets flippy.

Go for the Katie then! If you don't like it, what's the worst that can happen? You can get a new cut or let it grow out. No big deal.

I would probably go for a thinner bang, but that's just me. Either way, you know you have to post pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Hmm, not many since that was before I lived with Matt. Here is one that he had on his computer... Don't mind it though, cuz it's totally not a great picture, but you get the idea.
HOLYYYYY crap, that is an old picture. look how young tracy looks.