The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Anyways, for ladies whose weddings are still a few months away, why not hold tight? I mean it has only been a couple days since all this way announced so why not give it a couple weeks (or a month if your wedding is many months away). For those who are getting married in November, yeah, you might want to start thinking about other options. I wouldn't actually change yet but it might be usefull to do a little research now so that if worse comes to worse you will have a bit of the work done in advance.
Thanks SunBride...I think you are right. I'm just going to wait a few weeks and see what happens. I talked to my fiancee last night and he said the same thing. We are so excited about going to Dreams Tulum...our neighbor recently went to a wedding there and showed us the pics...it was beautiful. And we already have our friends and family excited about going to this resort too. I'm just gonna wait and see!

Well, I've been procrastinating on my Save The Dates and I guess that's a good thing now. I guess I should hold off sending those for a few weeks just in case.

Hi Girls--I am a November bride and my FI have decided to wait and see what happens at DT versus looking elsewhere. Honestly, I am not sure I can deal with trying to plan for somewhere else in less than a month---mostly my concern would be trying to get everything worked out for all my guests when they are expecting DT. I think our plan is going to be to do DT or wherever they would send us--Cancun, etc. I do wish that they were more professional as SB was saying, and that something got sent to all of us. I do want to say that I really appreciate everyone on here! It's kind of my saving grace right now. Thank you. :)

Hey everyone,

It sounds like they are changing the date of expected reopening from Oct 6 to October 13. I have gotten an email from Monica the manager:

Thank you for contacting us:

We are still uncertain how long it will take for the authorities to review our permits and/or for us to obtain the parole so we are taking the precaution of relocating all arrivals until Monday, October 13th 2008, this action is necessary in order to ensure guests will have an uninterrupted holiday experience with all the services and facilities they expect. We will continue to relocate the guests to Dreams Cancun and Secrets Silversands.

Monica Moreno

Asistente de Gerencia

Dreams Tulum Resorts & Spa

Tel.: 001(52) 984 - 8.71.33.33, Fax: 00(52) 984 - 8.71.33.53

s_gerencia@dreamstulum.com.mx

Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury

Im just hoping that every week its not pushed back another week. I do have faith though that no matter what the people at Dreams Tulum really do want to help anyone affected any way they can. Its nice to think that they are willing to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoAmor View Post
Hey everyone,

It sounds like they are changing the date of expected reopening from Oct 6 to October 13. I have gotten an email from Monica the manager:

Thank you for contacting us:

We are still uncertain how long it will take for the authorities to review our permits and/or for us to obtain the parole so we are taking the precaution of relocating all arrivals until Monday, October 13th 2008, this action is necessary in order to ensure guests will have an uninterrupted holiday experience with all the services and facilities they expect. We will continue to relocate the guests to Dreams Cancun and Secrets Silversands.

Monica Moreno
Asistente de Gerencia
Dreams Tulum Resorts & Spa
Tel.: 001(52) 984 - 8.71.33.33, Fax: 00(52) 984 - 8.71.33.53
s_gerencia@dreamstulum.com.mx
Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury

Im just hoping that every week its not pushed back another week. I do have faith though that no matter what the people at Dreams Tulum really do want to help anyone affected any way they can. Its nice to think that they are willing to help.

Gosh, this sucks. There is no better way to put it. And honestly, even though I may sound like a negative nelly, I expected this. I just think if they had all the paperwork and licenses in order then it shouldn't be a difficult case to present to the judge. It should be resolved in a matter of days not weeks. But since they are pushing it back...well, I just don't know. I am really clueless as to what to do. I've looked at Dreams Cancun and although it's nice, it's definitely not what we were looking for.

I agree. I think Dreams Cancun is a nice place, but we have been to Cancun before and really dont want to have our wedding there. I love how isolated Dreams Tulum was compared to the Cancun places. I am hoping that they will consider sending us to Puerto Aventuras if it comes down to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoAmor View Post
I agree. I think Dreams Cancun is a nice place, but we have been to Cancun before and really dont want to have our wedding there. I love how isolated Dreams Tulum was compared to the Cancun places. I am hoping that they will consider sending us to Puerto Aventuras if it comes down to that.
Eeeek--pushed back a whole other week? I was really hoping things would be wrapped up by the 6th. Yes, I am with you girls--there is a reason that I didn't book at Cancun to begin with; I don't want to be where it is so crowded and like party central. Puerto Aventuras sounds like a better option. Does anyone know if that would be considered since they are only opening next moth? I wonder if they would even be experienced enough to do weddings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrathebride View Post
Eeeek--pushed back a whole other week? I was really hoping things would be wrapped up by the 6th. Yes, I am with you girls--there is a reason that I didn't book at Cancun to begin with; I don't want to be where it is so crowded and like party central. Puerto Aventuras sounds like a better option. Does anyone know if that would be considered since they are only opening next moth? I wonder if they would even be experienced enough to do weddings?
I asked my TA about Puerto Aventuras seeing as it's newer and more secluded then Dreams Cancun. She tells me Dreams Puerto Aventuras doesn't open until Dec. 1 so therefore it's not an option for my wedding. Maybe they will rush the opening because of what's happened to DT?!?!?
The experience issue doesn't worry me so much because I'm hoping Landy/Sandra/Lizet will be relocated to these resorts to handle all of our weddings. Don't know though! I'm just wondering when and if we draw the line and say..."I'm tired of not knowing...I'm going somewhere else". I really hope that doesn't happen though.

Hi There Ladies,

I've been dealing with this all day long. Calling Expedia to see what they can do for us, calling the hotel, calling AM resorts, calling my guests TA and still have not gotten an answer as to where my group will be staying. It is all very frustrating especially when we are leaving to go to Mexico this weekend! We were told that we should know by tomorrow. I really hope they get back to us soon as we have arranged transfers from the airport to Dreams Tulum and I need to revise those before I leave. What a mess.smile35.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
I asked my TA about Puerto Aventuras seeing as it's newer and more secluded then Dreams Cancun. She tells me Dreams Puerto Aventuras doesn't open until Dec. 1 so therefore it's not an option for my wedding. Maybe they will rush the opening because of what's happened to DT?!?!?
The experience issue doesn't worry me so much because I'm hoping Landy/Sandra/Lizet will be relocated to these resorts to handle all of our weddings. Don't know though! I'm just wondering when and if we draw the line and say..."I'm tired of not knowing...I'm going somewhere else". I really hope that doesn't happen though.
I spent some time on the Dreams Puerto Aventuras (DPA) thread a few days ago and it seems as though it's opening could actually be mid-November. The resort originally said November, and then pushed it to December, but my understanding was that they've moved it back to November. I emailed their wedding coordinator and heard back from Jacy the same day (wow!). My fingers are crossed that DT will be open very soon, but I would contact Jacy (I got her email address from the DPA website) if you're interested in learning more. I really hope it's not necessary though!!! I feel sick to my stomach when I think of everyone who has weddings in the next couple of weeks. Life can sure throw you a curveball...

For what it's worth, when I emailed Jacy about my wedding in May, she assured me that I wouldn't need to switch anything and that DT would be up and running really soon.