Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Okay, that helps-- thank you! I will take the advice of having the officiant stand closer, that is lame that people couldn't hear you as that is the whole point of paying so much for stereo equipment for 10 minutes. The version of Canon in D Dawn sent me is great so I can use my iPod, phew!

Thank you for the song, I appreciate it!! So, did you ask them for centerpieces? I'm getting the idea that if you don't 'order' it from them, they put stuff up anyways because they did that with one other gal. I think they must try to sell it first but then do it anyways because they want it to look nice too because other people will see the weddings and want to have their wedding there in the future... ?? Was it the same that Kat had-- vase with sand and I think a shell or something? Trying to decide if I should just leave the centerpieces alone.

Samantha, your date is coming up...OMG IM soo excited for you!! woo hoop!monkey.gif

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Okay, that helps-- thank you! I will take the advice of having the officiant stand closer, that is lame that people couldn't hear you as that is the whole point of paying so much for stereo equipment for 10 minutes. The version of Canon in D Dawn sent me is great so I can use my iPod, phew!

Thank you for the song, I appreciate it!! So, did you ask them for centerpieces? I'm getting the idea that if you don't 'order' it from them, they put stuff up anyways because they did that with one other gal. I think they must try to sell it first but then do it anyways because they want it to look nice too because other people will see the weddings and want to have their wedding there in the future... ?? Was it the same that Kat had-- vase with sand and I think a shell or something? Trying to decide if I should just leave the centerpieces alone.
No problem, glad that it came through okay. I didn't order centerpieces. They just did them. Same ones that Kat had. They were nice. Simple and pretty. And best of all... FREE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweigner5 View Post
I'm getting married in June 2009 and I am using Juan Navarro, the photographer through the resort. I reviewed his website and I was pleased with his work. He responded to my questions and he wrote me an e-mail as follows:

I am honored you like my job and I will be more than happy to help you.
I cannot sell or offer any packages different from the ones your wedding
coordinator has already offered you. For any information regarding the
packages please do not hesitate to contact Claudia Cantillo, your wedding
coordinator.
Indeed, the Dreams Ultimate Wedding package includes 50 printed pictures in
an album and the same pictures in a CD. For this package I shoot around
250 pictures, and if you are interested in having all the pictures taken in
a CD you can do so for an extra fee.
If I can be of any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact
me.
Sincerely,
Juan Navarro

I hope this helps anyone who is wondering about the photographer at Dreams Cancun. I am just finding it easier to just use all the resources available through the resort. The simpler the better for me.

Tina
Tina, do you know how much he charges for the CD?
thanks

PeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
Hang, did claudia tell you that they use cancun studios for the photography?

I had asked if the photographer had a website, but she never said, and she didn't give me a name.

I did contact cancun studios for prices a few weeks ago, but they didn't mention that they are the photographer there.

I was just curious, sometimes it so hard to get an answer on things!

Thanks for posting that info!
Hey there--- I just found out that the resort that I have been planning my wedding at for the last 11 month is closed ( Dreams Tulum ) and we are being moved to Dreams Cancun with all of our party. I am due to get married in exactly one week and of course a bit stressed now that I have this news.

Can you please briefly tell me if this resort does wedding on the beach? We were planning a cook out at the beach in Tulum - would that be possible at this resort - and any other piece of information you can share with me would be great since I have 1 day untill I leave to get this all figured out.

Thanks very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitnow View Post
Hey there--- I just found out that the resort that I have been planning my wedding at for the last 11 month is closed ( Dreams Tulum ) and we are being moved to Dreams Cancun with all of our party. I am due to get married in exactly one week and of course a bit stressed now that I have this news.

Can you please briefly tell me if this resort does wedding on the beach? We were planning a cook out at the beach in Tulum - would that be possible at this resort - and any other piece of information you can share with me would be great since I have 1 day untill I leave to get this all figured out.

Thanks very very much
Holy crap! I just got married at Dreams Cancun and I promise you will have a wonderful time. Although I don't know if you can cook out on the beach they do offer beach ceremonies. I know that when you get there they will plan everything for you. They don't need much advance notice for anything. Just take some deep breaths and know that it will all work out. If you have any questions at all let me know...

Thanks for the note - I will be reading through this thread now to find out as much info as I can about the resort in the next day - does anyone have some videos and or pics that they would be willing to send to me so that I can share that with my FI who of course is also a bit freaked out by all this so that I can calm him and my self a bit.

I just had it all planned out in my mind and now have to change it all it's freaking me out A LOT!!!smile105.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitnow View Post
Thanks for the note - I will be reading through this thread now to find out as much info as I can about the resort in the next day - does anyone have some videos and or pics that they would be willing to send to me so that I can share that with my FI who of course is also a bit freaked out by all this so that I can calm him and my self a bit.

I just had it all planned out in my mind and now have to change it all it's freaking me out A LOT!!!smile105.gif
Click the link in my signature and there are a few teaser pictures from my wedding there.