Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Hey ladies -

Has anyone had any success (or tried for that matter) in getting a hold of a wedding coordinator at the MP prior to the 90 days?

Marlyn in Miami can't answer half of my questions and I'm dying for answers!

There are two other weddings taking place on the same afternoon as our wedding and I really want to reserve a specific gazebo! Marlyn told me that you must specifically have a catholic wedding to be wed in the chapel (which is my first choice but we're not catholic) and if thats true, I want the Tucan gazebo.

I think I've also pissed off Miss Marlyn...

Help!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
Hey ladies -
Has anyone had any success (or tried for that matter) in getting a hold of a wedding coordinator at the MP prior to the 90 days?
Marlyn in Miami can't answer half of my questions and I'm dying for answers!
There are two other weddings taking place on the same afternoon as our wedding and I really want to reserve a specific gazebo! Marlyn told me that you must specifically have a catholic wedding to be wed in the chapel (which is my first choice but we're not catholic) and if thats true, I want the Tucan gazebo.
I think I've also pissed off Miss Marlyn...

Help!
Hi there

I get married 30th July 09 and managed to book the tucan gazebo, cocktail party, private reception, extra hours for the reception, larger cake 11 months in advance. I have confirmation of my bookings. I have also requested a religious ceremony.

When do you get married?

We're getting married on April 2, 2009. Marlyn is telling me that we are not allowed to use the catholic chapel unless we're having a catholic ceremony, which we aren't. If that were the case, then why on earth is the crucifix (sp?) removable? I've read about a number of other people having their non-catholic weddings there and I'll be pretty upset if I miss out on the opportunity because my Miami Sales Coordinator isn't provided with the same information that others were. I'm not particularly partial to the arch in either of the other two gazebos, so the chapel is ideal. And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the Miami girls, because I know their hands are tied, but it will really piss me off if the two other ceremonies being held on our wedding day get first choice of the ceremony location because they were given more complete information.

I dropped an email to Marlyn requesting to be put into contact with a coordinator in Cancun because the majority of the questions I have can be better answered by them, and she stated that she submitted a request. Did you call Cancun directly to make your reservations? Or did your S.C. in Miami set things up?

***More questions

For those that have already wed, has anyone stood in front of the alter table, rather than behind? Can the minister stand behind the alter, as is traditional?

Did/Is anyone opting to remove the red carpet and choosing to scatter petals over the aisle?

For anyone that has wed or will be wedding in the chapel gazebo, were the white pew covers included? If not, what do they run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
We're getting married on April 2, 2009. Marlyn is telling me that we are not allowed to use the catholic chapel unless we're having a catholic ceremony, which we aren't. If that were the case, then why on earth is the crucifix (sp?) removable? I've read about a number of other people having their non-catholic weddings there and I'll be pretty upset if I miss out on the opportunity because my Miami Sales Coordinator isn't provided with the same information that others were. I'm not particularly partial to the arch in either of the other two gazebos, so the chapel is ideal. And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the Miami girls, because I know their hands are tied, but it will really piss me off if the two other ceremonies being held on our wedding day get first choice of the ceremony location because they were given more complete information.
I dropped an email to Marlyn requesting to be put into contact with a coordinator in Cancun because the majority of the questions I have can be better answered by them, and she stated that she submitted a request. Did you call Cancun directly to make your reservations? Or did your S.C. in Miami set things up?

Hi

Everything was done by e-mail through the s.c in Miami.

How did you find out there are other weddings on your wedding day. I looked on their website for availability on my wedding day and nothing comes up. I am not sure if that means all the slots are taken up, because when I last look there was only mine and another wedding on that day.

The resort website permits you to check wedding time availability by date. On our wedding day, there currently shows that 2pm, 5pm, and 6pm are not available. Ours is the 5pm time slot.

I sent Miss Marlyn an email last night stating that others have been permitted to reserve and use the chapel for non-Catholic services and that I wish to reserve it at this time. We'll see if I have any success.

Its not like our event is going to be really ornate. We're having a non-denom symbolic ceremony with about a dozen guests, photos with the resort photog, and just having dinner at one of the restaurants. For the few details that there are, I want things to be just so.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...s/feedback.gif

Hello! I am new to this site. I am getting Married at the Moon Palace on June,3,2009 at 6p.m. I have been there once before but it was 8+ years ago. My parents go at least once a year and assure me I will LOVE IT! I am so nervous about the planning. I have signed the contract for the wedding date, and booked the trip for the both of us, but only 2 other people have reserved rooms. We plan on having at the least 10 guest total.

We Plan on staying on the Grand Side of the Moon Palace. Just the two of us, and the other guests will be staying either on the Sunrise side or the Nizuc (spelling?) side. We are unsure of the distance from the different sides. Does anyone know how far it is from one side to the other? We are staying on the Grand side to keep it more personal. I don't even know what the Grand side looks like, and I can not find any photos of it. Do you know of a way I can see photos of it?

I guess I can not start planning any of the wedding until 3 months prior to the wedding? Is that how it is with everyone else? Do you feel rushed or is it ok?

How are you getting your dresses to Mexico??!?!?

What is the groom wearing? How are you transporting the Tuxes or etc.?

Gosh I feel like there are so many questions! I am so excited, and so glad I found this website!

Good luck to all you other Brides!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!feedback.giffeedback.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyjo03 View Post
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...s/feedback.gif

Hello! I am new to this site. I am getting Married at the Moon Palace on June,3,2009 at 6p.m. I have been there once before but it was 8+ years ago. My parents go at least once a year and assure me I will LOVE IT! I am so nervous about the planning. I have signed the contract for the wedding date, and booked the trip for the both of us, but only 2 other people have reserved rooms. We plan on having at the least 10 guest total.

We Plan on staying on the Grand Side of the Moon Palace. Just the two of us, and the other guests will be staying either on the Sunrise side or the Nizuc (spelling?) side. We are unsure of the distance from the different sides. Does anyone know how far it is from one side to the other? We are staying on the Grand side to keep it more personal. I don't even know what the Grand side looks like, and I can not find any photos of it. Do you know of a way I can see photos of it?

I guess I can not start planning any of the wedding until 3 months prior to the wedding? Is that how it is with everyone else? Do you feel rushed or is it ok?

How are you getting your dresses to Mexico??!?!?

What is the groom wearing? How are you transporting the Tuxes or etc.?

Gosh I feel like there are so many questions! I am so excited, and so glad I found this website!

Good luck to all you other Brides!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!feedback.giffeedback.gif
Hey girl, welcome to the forum!

There are pictures of the grand side on trip advisor, you should have a look, its defo my preference too!

I think we will go down the same route as you with guests staying at the other sides. I'm not sure of the exact distance, but i know there are golf buggies which can take you from and to each side, so i wouldn't worry about that.

This website is soo helpful - you can get everything organised in your head so when it comes to organising it all with the resort, you'll be sorted and know exactly what you want! I don't know how far in advance you can actually start organising things with the resort, its too far away for me to start organising - i can even book my date til next year - gutted! But i have everything organised in my head!lol

i will be taking my dress on as hand luggage - you can buy special hold sized boxes for it.