El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikupoo View Post
I'm looking through banquet PDF provided by the website, and for "brunch buffet" and "family style" and "BBQ deluxe", do I get ALL the food that's listed on the page, or do I have to choose? Hmmm.
You do get all of that food and that is why it can cost more. I am doing the family style. I don't believe you get a tasting but the food is decent there and several brides have said the wedding dinner is the best meal all week.

WEDDINGS AND PRIVATE EVENTS

RULES & REGULATIONS

Thank you for choosing Lomas Travel (“LTâ€) as your primary service provider for your upcoming event. LT is an independent travel agency specialized in providing weddings and private event packages on selected hotel properties located throughout Mexico.

Your special event will take place at: El Dorado Royale, A Spa Resort, referred herein after as “the Hotelâ€

The following rules & regulations have been established to guide you through the decision making process in regard to your upcoming special event at the Hotel property indicated above. We have found that adherence to these rules & regulations make it possible to offer you the utmost in service.

General

Available Days: Weddings may be scheduled seven days a week; except during Mexican Holidays. Special private events may be scheduled seven days a week day or night time. Please bear in mind that all weddings and special events are scheduled according to the size and needs of each specific group and are subject to the Hotelâ€s availability.

Guests must be 18 years of age or older at Adults-Only resorts, ID will be requested upon arrival at the Hotel.

Day Passes: Wedding guests checking in on a Day Pass must be 18 years of age or older at Adults-only resorts, and should arrive 1 hour prior to the event. ID will be requested upon check in.

Last Minute Day Passes The Hotel Wedding Coordinator must be notified 24 hours prior to the date upon which the visitor wishes to use the day pass.

Dress Code: The Hotel dress code in effect at all indoor restaurants will apply to all guests. No exceptions will be made.

Food and Beverage Policies

All optional amenities and private events must be reserved at least 60 days prior to the date of the scheduled function.

Please be advised that any date change request made 15 days or less prior to the date of the scheduled function may be subject to a change fee.

The complete menu selection, including both food and beverage items, must be confirmed thirty (30) days prior to the date of your scheduled function. Requests for menu changes after this date will be subject to a surcharge.

Final guaranteed count of your group is due thirty (30) days prior to the date of the scheduled function. If your guaranteed count is not received, your estimated attendance will become the minimum guaranteed group count, and you will be charged accordingly.

If the number of guests exceeds your minimum guaranteed count, you will be charged for the actual number of guests that attend your event.

All menus will be charged on a per person basis.

The Cancellation Policy for Group Reservations for breakfast, lunch or dinner at any of the restaurants mentioned on the Hotelâ€s web site, requires a $2,500USD refundable deposit. If cancellation is made 30 days prior to date on which the event is planned this deposit will be fully refunded. If cancellation is made 15 days prior to the date of the event, 50 % of deposit will be refunded. No refund will be granted if cancellation is made less than 15 days prior to date of the event.

Private Cocktail parties are allocated two (2) hours of open bar service. Cocktail appetizers are not replenished.

Private cocktail parties will be set with high cocktail tables and no chairs. If tables and chairs are requested, a surcharge will apply and the party will be set with round tables for eight (cool.gif people.

Private Dinner parties are allocated four (4) hours of open bar during the event.

All private dinner parties will be set with round tables that seat 8 persons.

Selections for guests requesting vegetarian dishes or those with special dietary needs are available. Requests for these selections must be made with our special events coordinator a minimum of 30 days prior to the date of the event.

Minimum food and beverage requirements will be applied to all events as outlined on the menus.

Please be aware that one (1) Group Dinner reservation is allowed as part of your wedding package. Maximum guest allowance may vary per Hotel.

Restaurants†atmosphere, décor or music cannot be altered.

Mexican liquor laws prohibit guests from leaving Hotel property with alcoholic beverages.

The Hotel reserves the right to deny the service of alcoholic beverages to anyone that may appear to be under the influence of alcohol.

Due to strict health codes, left over food following the function may not be removed from the event area, including Wedding Cake.

Food décor items that do not meet the Hotelâ€s hygiene standards will not be used on food items, i.e. fresh flowers, seashells, etc.

The Hotel cannot guarantee menu prices for any longer than sixty (60) days in advance of the date of the scheduled event.

Event Set-Up

The Hotel reserves the right to change your functionâ€s location in the event that the physical count of guests is modified or differs from the original guest count provided. On the day of the event any change(s) to the set-up configuration is subject to a fee of $5.00USD per person on guest count.

Outdoor Locations

The following apply to areas that are not illuminated, i.e., beach areas or isolated hotel areas.

All private dinner events start at 18:00 hrs. and finish at 23:00 hrs.

The client is responsible for all costs that are incurred for rental equipment (e.g. staging and special props), audio visual equipment and required décor.

Special requests or elaborate set-ups may incur an additional labor fee

Set-ups that require extensive electrical or equipment installation will be subject to a charge of $50.00USD per hour plus the cost of supplies and /or equipment.

Weather

To ensure that bad weather does not affect the scheduled function, the Hotel will make a weather call four (4) hours prior to the event. At that time the Hotel will decide if the function will be held in the predetermined location or moved to an appropriate venue that will guarantee shelter.

The decision to relocate the event will made based on the probability of rain as forecasted by the Weather Channel web page. If a 40% probability of rain is forecast the event will be moved to the predetermined contingency location.

In case an abrupt and unforeseen weather transformation occurs minutes prior to the event, the selected event location may change on a last minute basis. A reasonable time frame will be required to organize and properly set-up the new location. The Hotel is not responsible for changes due to weather conditions.

Transportation

Shuttle Transportation will be offered to the Bride and one (1) companion on the Bridal shuttle prior to the wedding ceremony. All other guests may take advantage of the programmed shuttle that runs throughout the property. The aforementioned service applies only where shuttle service is provided.

Smoking

Smoking is not permitted in any indoor area of the Hotel. Smoking is only permitted outside.

Entertainment / Photographers / Décor

Please be advised that outside vendors are not allowed. Musicians, Photographers, flower arrangements not booked by the Hotelâ€s wedding department are subject to a surcharge.

Outside photographers and videographer are not allowed on property unless pre-approved by the hotel in advance. The hotels reserve the right to deny access to the property to any unauthorized photographer or videographer. Please contact your wedding coordinator for more information on approved vendors. Outside photographers and videographer approved by the hotel will incur a $500 photo fee per day.

El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels and Azul Hotels, by Karisma abide by all Mexican governing laws which require foreign workers to obtain proper licensing and work certificates while in Mexico doing work for themselves or on behalf of others . We reserve the right to request proof of such license and/or work certificate.

Security

The Hotel reserves the right to inspect and control all private parties, meetings, receptions, etc. being held on the Hotel premises and to limit the noise level in consideration of other guests.

The Hotel will not assume any responsibility for the loss or damage of any merchandise or articles left in the Hotel prior to the event.

Payment Information

Payment in full is due 30 days prior to the date of the event.

Acknowledgement

I have received a full copy of the “Wedding and Private Event Rules & Regulationsâ€. I fully understand its content and agree to comply in full with the rules & regulations. The Hotel reserves the right to cancel any event not in compliance with these rules & regulations.

Hotel:

Event Type:

Wedding or Event Date:

Brideâ€s or Event Representativeâ€s Name:

Brideâ€s or Event Representativeâ€s Signature: ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Groomâ€s or Event Representativeâ€s Name:

Groomâ€s or Event Representativeâ€s Signature:

Wedding Coordinatorâ€s Name:

Wedding Coordinatorâ€s Signature:

Todayâ€s Date:

Special Event Summary

1 – Signing of Special Events Rules & Regulations

2 – 60 Days Prior – Lock in your menu selections for the special event.

3 – 30 Days Prior –menu selection, including both food and beverage items, must be confirmed no later than thirty (30) days prior to the function.

4 – 30 Days Prior – Vegetarian and special dietary requests must be made thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled function.

5 – 30 Days Prior – Wine and champagne selections must be made thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled function.

6 – 30 Days Prior – Final guaranteed count of your group is due thirty (30) days prior to your scheduled function.

7 – 0-7 Days Prior – Cancellations 0 to 7 days prior to your private event will result in forfeiture of your deposit plus 75% of the total estimated cost of your contracted function.

8 – 4 Hours Prior – Hotel will make a weather call four (4) hours prior to the event to determine if relocation to a contingency location is necessary.

9 – Outside Vendors are not allowed.

10 – Guests must be 18 years of age or older at Adults-Only resorts. No exceptions.

Let me clarify some of my posts regarding Claudia being a staff photographer an in turn "free" (the $500 fee is waved).

Thats not entirely true.

I booked Claudia at a certain price - PRIVATE.

Since I didnt book her though EDR, they wanted to charge me the fee.

However, I told them that she is a staff photographer and so I should not have to, and then they agreed.

NOW ... months later they have came back (right around the time to collect money, but too close to the date to change anything) and are saying if I book with her private as I did, I pay the $500 fee still and for 2 day passes (another $200) ............ OR, I book her through the EDR and I pay more that way; basically those fees are just included into the price.

BRUTAL.

They were NOT upfront about this with me AT ALL.

I WAS ONLY INFORMED she was a a staff photographer and as such would nto be charged outside vendor fees. So, I in turn booked her. NOT KNOWING if I book her privately it would be an issue.

SO BRUTAL

It makes me so mad.

Im just telling this story so other girls can learn from my mistakes ....

(not that I feel I made a mistake, I feel more so that I got tricked and in turn screwed)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandE2008 View Post
Let me clarify some of my posts regarding Claudia being a staff photographer an in turn "free" (the $500 fee is waved).
Thats not entirely true.
I booked Claudia at a certain price - PRIVATE.
Since I didnt book her though EDR, they wanted to charge me the fee.
However, I told them that she is a staff photographer and so I should not have to, and then they agreed.
NOW ... months later they have came back (right around the time to collect money, but too close to the date to change anything) and are saying if I book with her private as I did, I pay the $500 fee still and for 2 day passes (another $200) ............ OR, I book her through the EDR and I pay more that way; basically those fees are just included into the price.
BRUTAL.
They were NOT upfront about this with me AT ALL.
I WAS ONLY INFORMED she was a a staff photographer and as such would nto be charged outside vendor fees. So, I in turn booked her. NOT KNOWING if I book her privately it would be an issue.
SO BRUTAL
It makes me so mad.
Im just telling this story so other girls can learn from my mistakes ....
(not that I feel I made a mistake, I feel more so that I got tricked and in turn screwed)!!!
I'm sorry that you're going through this. If indeed you do need to pay Karisma a fee, I believe that it would be $500 or three night stay at the resort. If you go route of $500, and have Claudia AND a second photog - you should argue the need for a second day pass (the principal photographer [Claudia} should have access included in the $500 fee). kwim

Thanks for sharing this pitfall with others.