Nov 08 brides

DanielleNDerek

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on a deal I found last night. I went to Kohl's because I knew they had some beach style frames and I wanted to add one more gift to my BM gift bag for this weekend. They had them at 70% off. I think it might have only been a 1 day sale but maybe they were on a reduction. Anyways I got some really cool frames for $5 and then I went ahead and bought those small photo holder things (with the spiral thing to hold 1 picture) They had seashells and starfish ones and they were only $2. Got those to put in the OOT bags. YAY!! I think I may go back tonight, FI liked some of the frames for us and maybe gifts for our parents too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought some of those frames in the summer when they were on sale. They had a lot of really cute ones. Hopefully they'll be on sale again when you go back.

Celina, I really thought your son was gonna ruin your wedding dress in that story. I was cringing till the end. Thank god he didn't! What a little devil he is, I'm sure you can't stay mad at him though cause he's too cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opice34 View Post
Hi guys - just wanted to say hello. I have so much trouble keeping up with this thread! I hope you are all doing well!! I can't believe November will be here so soon!
I can't believe you have 85 guests booked. Holy cow! Do you have much left to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE View Post
Awww..I know what you mean. There are so many newbies. I usually check this thread and any others that are posted by the older members. What else have you gotten done? Your day is coming soon!

Your Pink and Green blumeboxes sound cute! I love pink and green together! Are you decorating the blumeboxes? I ordered the aqua colored ones, but am thinking of ordering some additional smaller ones since our tables are long.

That would be a super cute favor!

I walk over and open the closet door and there he is....sitting on the floor....COVERED in suntan oil!!!!!! He has it all over him, his clothes and the carpet. fryingpan.gif hissyfit.gif

Guess what is sitting behind himhuh.gif

MY WEDDING DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD smile35.gif he didn't get anything on it or I would have taken the day off to go buy a new dress. fryingpan.gif
I might use the green ribbon that I planned on using for the fans to wrap around the blumeboxes, but we'll see how they look when I get them. I might just leave them plain. I am either going to get stargazers or white rose to put in them.

Thank god your son didn't get anything on your dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrak View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on a deal I found last night. I went to Kohl's because I knew they had some beach style frames and I wanted to add one more gift to my BM gift bag for this weekend. They had them at 70% off. I think it might have only been a 1 day sale but maybe they were on a reduction. Anyways I got some really cool frames for $5 and then I went ahead and bought those small photo holder things (with the spiral thing to hold 1 picture) They had seashells and starfish ones and they were only $2. Got those to put in the OOT bags. YAY!! I think I may go back tonight, FI liked some of the frames for us and maybe gifts for our parents too.
Kohl's always has cute picture frames. That is a cute idea to put one in the BM gifts.

I am so glad that your dress survived the mess Celina.

Speaking of kids I have to go and pick mine up right away. My sister spent the night lastnight so that someone would be home with the kids after Larry went to work and before I got back from work. Then I was going to drive them all over to my Mom's and then drop my sister off at school, but she was taking awhile getting her make up done, so I went to bed and she took the kids over and took the van to school. Now I am up, the van is back and the kids are laying down with my Mom, but I miss them so I will go get them.

Yeah, I couldn't be too mad at that little boy...he has a way of tugging at my heartstrings. He is being mean to me lately. Last night he wouldn't go to bed so I put him in with me and FI. He tells me, "no mommy this is my spot. You go sleep on the couch".

He is a stinker!

Anyone have any plans this weekend? Tomorrow I am going to work till 11am, then at 2 we are going to a b-day party for one of my BM's sons, then at 6pm we are going to dinner for FI's b-day. He doesn't know about the dinner. I invited his two best friends and cousin. (Basically all of the groomsmen) and their wives. We are going to meet at this hole in the wall Italian place that sells the BEST calzones that he has been craving for the past two weeks.

Sunday am we may go pick up my nephew and take him to breakfast for his b-day. Then of course come home to watch the Bronco game.

I finally got my last two DIY tank tops done. I had to do one for one of my BM's and I did one for myself. It says "Just Married" and it has a palm tree on each side - all in rhinestones of course! It came out really cute!

I ordered some custom invites for the rehearsal dinner and menu selections from Vista Print yesterday for my FMIL. I should also be getting my completed cake boxes back from one of my BM's who was working on them.

I think that's it! Next Saturday we need to go to the church to look for linens and look at the space for our AHR. My Step mom said they have TONS of linens that were donated to them but we have to go through the storage area and pull them out.

OH YEAH - we also got a gift from our registry! That's it for now! What about you guys?

Celina - You son talks like my daughter. Every once in awhile she comes out with some totally unexpected and crazy that catches off guard.

This weekend I am working and don't really have anything else planned. My Mom was sewing my MOH dress today and was hoping to get my sisters started too, so my MOH might be coming out in Sunday for a few hours to try on her dress.

Danielle - Did you end up babysitting for your brother?

Hi girls!

Celina, OMG your stories about your son are cracking me up! But the part about the wedding dress, OMG thank god your dress survived!

No big plans here. I have to work for a while this weekend, and FI is back this weekend so I think we're just going to rent some movies and order in some pizza and chill. Aside from my fitting this past week I haven't really done anything wedding related for at least 3 weeks. Ooops. Oh well! I keep thinking "oh I have TONS of time" well that's not really true anymore!

first, holy sh*t my little fish is about to run out of bubbles!!! (ticker) yikes that means it's close!

so i test packed today and the only thing i'm concerned about getting to mexico are my starfish place card holders..... they need serious padding so i don't want to put them in a suitcase, but they don't fit in a backback either...... i really don't want to skip them but I'm not sure how to get them to mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE View Post
I finally got my last two DIY tank tops done. I had to do one for one of my BM's and I did one for myself. It says "Just Married" and it has a palm tree on each side - all in rhinestones of course! It came out really cute!

I ordered some custom invites for the rehearsal dinner and menu selections from Vista Print yesterday for my FMIL. I should also be getting my completed cake boxes back from one of my BM's who was working on them.

I think that's it! Next Saturday we need to go to the church to look for linens and look at the space for our AHR. My Step mom said they have TONS of linens that were donated to them but we have to go through the storage area and pull them out.

OH YEAH - we also got a gift from our registry! That's it for now! What about you guys?
Your Just Married tank sounds adorable cant wait to see it.
That's great that you wont have to rent linens for the ahr, that stuff really adds up. What gift did you get from your registry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
SHIT. My passport is MIA. I looked high, low, and every place inbetween and the dang thing is no where to be found. crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG i hope you found it, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaG View Post
This weekend I am working and don't really have anything else planned. My Mom was sewing my MOH dress today and was hoping to get my sisters started too, so my MOH might be coming out in Sunday for a few hours to try on her dress.

Danielle - Did you end up babysitting for your brother?
Oh sweet your getting your moh dress soon. did your mom finish it?
No, my bro called to tell me that his wife was just going to cancel her cpr class because the baby was sick and she didnt want to leave him with someone while he's been cranky and sick. He's been really constipated lately (sorry if that tmi) so she's been worried about him. I talked to fi on Friday about it and got so upset with him because when he was telling me it wasn't a good idea to watch the baby, he was making it sound like i wasn't capable of watching a 3mos old. I was getting offended. He apologized and told me that's not what he met at all. He's nervous being around babies. I keep telling him it's good practice for us, lol.

It worked out pretty good that i didnt sit for Roman because i was out running around from 8 am to 5 pm on Saturday. I went to a craft show and bought a bench for my house (inside) and some Halloween decoration. I have so much xmas stuff so i didnt buy much more of that. i was supposed to go with fsil to craft show but she couldnt make it so fi went with me, he secretly likes it i know he does! Then we went out to get my other nephew (fi's side) presents for his 1st bday. We had so much fun at Toys R Us. We ended up going to JC Penneys and i bought 3 dresses. 2 i'll bring with me away, the other one i ended up wearing yesterday at MY SHOWER!!!!

that's right girls, sunday brunch was my surprise bridal shower! I gotta a lot of great stuff and it was really, really nice. I'm going to make a thread later with pics.