Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Mine was SUPER loud with just the speaker they had built into it. And it had a remote so if something happened we could change the song or whatever. We just bought one at walmart. I think it was like 140 bucks. Works great.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post
I also have a Dreams Cancun question that i'm not sure has been asked before. What's up with the Red carpet they put down when your walking down the Isle near the gazebo? I HATE it...It looks off next to the pretty white chairs with the pretty colorful ribbons...and then this red carpet in the middle! Is there an alternative? can you not put anything down and maybe try rose petals??
i laughed at this because i LOVE the red carpet, but then again, red is my color, so it would match, not clash. if i was using any color that would clash with red i would just go without it. unfortunately, rose petals would blow away, and the walkway is curved so i'm pretty sure aisle runners wouldn't really work ... plus again there's that wind factor (probably why they use carpet for the weight). you could maybe try flowers along the sides of the walkway (like pomanders hanging from short garden stakes?) to dress up the aisle a bit? LOL they really should invest in a white carpet too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela1184 View Post
Question-for those of you who used the Ipod w docking station, did you still need to rent the speakers? was it loud enough for all to hear?
i imagine it would depend on the particular docking station you are using. we sprung the cash for the BOSE portable docking station because we know for sure it's plenty loud enough (we have relatives who use theirs for all their outdoor parties). i know there are some more reasonably-priced brands that also do a good job of putting out a lot of sound, but i would do the research before buying any of those. they all sound loud in a store, so keep in mind the wide-open space, the crowd, and the wind.

OR, you can rent their speaker system IN LIEU OF the docking station. i'm pretty sure some other girls have done this, and in that case, the dreams sound guy took charge of operating the ipod. can anyone confirm this?

I didn't like the red carpet either but I think it looks better than nothing at all. I didn't do any bows or gazebo decor so it was perfect for me!! Plus it is cool because it's like the red carpet treatment on your way up :) PS for those of you wanting to see the Terrace I got some teasers back there are a few shots of the construction. I guess you can see part of it like the paint isnt done all the way... Really in person I didn't notice it wasn't until I saw the photos lol I bet it will all be done soon though. You can also see my bouquet which I think is amazing!

Kat and Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
i laughed at this because i LOVE the red carpet, but then again, red is my color, so it would match, not clash. if i was using any color that would clash with red i would just go without it. unfortunately, rose petals would blow away, and the walkway is curved so i'm pretty sure aisle runners wouldn't really work ... plus again there's that wind factor (probably why they use carpet for the weight). you could maybe try flowers along the sides of the walkway (like pomanders hanging from short garden stakes?) to dress up the aisle a bit? LOL they really should invest in a white carpet too!
lol Actually, Red is My FAVORITE color!! And before I changed to a Destination Wedding...Red were the colors of my BM's dresses, But since we are doing it this way, I want tropical colors :-)
If my colors were still red, I would LOVE the carpet, but I think I will tell them I want to go without :-)
Maybe I will try something I can put in the ground going up the isle, LIke flowers or something like that...When we get there I will stop at that Walmart and see what I can work with!
Thanks!! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
I asked about the photos and the CD/DVD and hi-res:

Do you know if we get hi-res copies of the pictures that the photographer would take on CD or DVD?

negatives are in hi-res , it will depend on the package that you will get a cd or dvd version.
so does that mean you get hi-res images on disc with ALL their packages (even the INCLUDED package)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
so does that mean you get hi-res images on disc with ALL their packages (even the INCLUDED package)?
I am not sure because I figure its all digital, so when she said hi-res negatives that threw me off?

Just looked and it says the 2008 packages say that they come with a cd?

What packages are you going to get? Is 100 pictures enough?

Package 1
Photo Express
36 photos on a CD only
Not printed
$ 470 usd + 10% tax
1 hour

Package 2
36 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
Album & CD with 36 negatives
$ 590 usd + 10% tax
1 hour

Package 3
50 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
Album & CD with 50 negatives
$ 690 usd + 10% tax
1-2 hours

Package 4
90 photos 4x6
5 photos 5x7
5 photos 8x10
Colour, B&W, Sepia, Mix Colour prints
Album & CD with 100 negatives
2-3 hours
$ 980 usd + 10% tax

Package 5
130 photos 4x6
10 photos 5x7
10 photos 8x10
Album & CD with all negatives
$ 1,610 usd + 10% tax
5 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
I am not sure because I figure its all digital, so when she said hi-res negatives that threw me off?

Just looked and it says the 2008 packages say that they come with a cd?

What packages are you going to get? Is 100 pictures enough?

Package 1
Photo Express
36 photos on a CD only
Not printed
$ 470 usd + 10% tax
1 hour

Package 2
36 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
Album & CD with 36 negatives
$ 590 usd + 10% tax
1 hour

Package 3
50 photos 5x7 Colour Prints
Album & CD with 50 negatives
$ 690 usd + 10% tax
1-2 hours

Package 4
90 photos 4x6
5 photos 5x7
5 photos 8x10
Album & CD with 100 negatives
2-3 hours
$ 980 usd + 10% tax

Package 5
130 photos 4x6
10 photos 5x7
10 photos 8x10
Album & CD with all negatives
$ 1,610 usd + 10% tax
5 hours

thanks! that definitely looks like no matter what, you get the images on disc, which is all i was really worried about. i think she may have gotten a little confused and just called them "negatives." also, if you get a video, the video is on a dvd, so maybe that's what she meant?