Valentin Imperial Maya Brides?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My FH and I just recently booked our honeymoon/wedding at the Valentin. We leave April 12, 2009. I have had troubles getting a hold of the WC, I've sent a few emails and my travel agent has also tried getting ahold of them. I'm mainly concerned that we have a time available for our ceremony. Any help would be appreciated! I would love to see pictures anyone has recieved from the WC, etc.

Hello Ladies,

Valentin Imperial Maya is an absolutely beautiful resort. To answer some of your questions. It's not a done deal that they will not be able to hold catholic ceremonies at the resort. Guillermo (WC) informed me that they are awaiting to hear from the bishop. I have not given a deposit yet I just blocked my wedding date. My wedding is a year away, perhaps that is why they have not asked for a deposit.

As soon as I get an answer in regard to the ceremony I will keep you updated.

As I recall the Lobster Pot is one of the outside restaurants. Guillermo did mention to me that this can be an option for the reception. They are very flexible as to the location of the reception. If you want to have the reception in one of the restaurants if you have to let them know far in advance so that they are able to make accomodtions and provide your wedding party some privacy.

If you have other questions please feel free to pm me.

Hello Everyone! I just got back last night from a 24hr layover in Cancun and the Valentin Imperial Maya and it is everything I thought it was going to be and more! Im a flight attendant for a canadian airline and work on an on-call basis as I am fairly new. So when crew scheduling called me on friday night and told me I had to go to Cancun saturday morning I nearly hit the roof! Just what I have been wanting....a chance to go and check out the Valentin! Guadalupe was supposed to be off at 1pm that day but she kind heartedly waited for me to arrive until 6:30 and showed me the place until 8pm....bless her! The chapel is as beautiful as I envisioned it would be and the gazebo is right next to it for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres after the ceremony while you get your pics done! Lelly, I totally agree with you about the terrace....WOW! I love that its private and with the fountain in the middle I think it will be beautiful. Of course with no hesitations I booked my wedding date there....YEAH! May, 8,2009 Soooo happy! Guadalupe says that if you want a priest to just give you a blessing ceremony that its not a problem, you will just have to go to the courthouse afterwards and sign the documents after which I am cool with as long as I have my ceremony in THAT chapel. I didnt take many pictures because by the time I got there it was pretty dark and my pics were not turning out but FYI: Before I went I saw tons of pictures on Trip Advisor so I basically had a very good idea of the resort. You just search "Valentin Imperial Maya" and look under "traveler photos" There must be over 100! If anyone else out there is considering this place to have your wedding, consider no more! I highly recommend it! Please feel free to contact me if you would like any further info! Im booked....Yeah!! cheer2.gif

Congratulations!!!!! Im so glad that there is another Valentin bride. This resort is amazing to say the least.

Im glad to hear that one can have a priest for a blessed ceremony. So does that mean that the bishop has approved the continual of catholic ceremonies at the resort? I know what you mean about the chapel, I absolutely loved it. This resort has everything that I envisioned. Once again congratulations.

I definitely agree with Graciela if you are considering this place just book it.

Congratulations once again.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any photos they could share of the Valentin. I have booked my date and would love to see some more pictures. I have been emailing with Guillermo he told me that I will decide a lot of stuff when I get there. He said that there are several outdoor places to have the wedding and several places to have an outdoor reception. He said that we will walk around the resort and make decisions when we get there. Is this info, the same as you are getting? or are they having you make these decisions ahead of time?

Also, did any of you put a deposit down? Guillermo told me to send him the confirmation that I have booked travel with them and that was all I needed to to do.

Have you checked out Trip Advisor? Theres a ton of info plus the travelers pics will give you a basic idea of the grounds of the resort. Guillermo is right, you can basically make the decisions of your ceremony/reception when you get there. I plan on going there a few times before my wedding to go over catering, decorations, religious ceremony, etc. but only because Im lucky that my job sends me to Cancun quite a bit in the winter and I just dont want to hassle with this stuff on my first day there with all my family and friends present. I had to pay a $800 non refundable deposit to book my wedding there but maybe because you have confirmation from your TA that you are for sure staying there thats why you didnt have to put a deposit down. Good luck with your planning and lets keep in touch!