The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitnow View Post
Well to answer two questions with one post... It does seem easier to get married before you get to Mexico - but I just as well want the actual walk down the isle to be THE ACTUAL walk down the isle of becoming a Mrs...I hope to not regret that choice with all the details that wil need to be done in the 4 days before shots.gif

Secondly- I planned and reserved the trips for almost all the 29 guests that I have coming through Cheaptickets.com

I got the best prices - better then my mom who is a travel agent was able to get and it was very easy to do even for people that are coming from other countries such as Ireland and Africa - so I would strongly suggest checking them out for all your travel arrangement needs.

For transportation from the airport I was able to find a great deal on a van - $180 both ways for as many as 8 people so that's awasome and I would be glad to share that with anyone that needs that link.

My FI and I are renting a Jeep Wrangler there so I was also able to find a great deal on that - $150 for 10 days there and I would be glad to share that link with anyone interested also.

It's only 28 days to the wedding and 23 days till we leave so I am quite excited that I think almost all the arrangements are on their final leg smile72.gif
Hi Anna,

I would love to get the link for your car rental. Now that I think about it, if we are going to be there for 10 days and need to make a trip to the market or Costco, it would be good to have car. Also, this makes it easy to go to Playa del Carmen. We plan on partying over there after the reception. I heard it has the best bars and clubs.

My co-worker just moved back to SF after spending 1 year over in Playa so he has told me all the hot spots. If anyone is interested in a list of popular places, let me know and I can post or send you a PM.

Dang, I cannot believe how excited I am too! My heart has been thumping for the last couple of days and will not stop!smile123.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy706 View Post
My fiance and I are waiting until we get back for two reasons. 1 I just really want it to feel like the real thing when I walk down the aisle/beach and 2 we are getting married in Dec. Its so close to the end of the year that it just makes sense to wait until January to do the legal stuff b/c my fiance makes a lot more money than i do and i might as well wait one more year to be taxed at his tax bracket. Nice reason, right? Ha!! Anyway, we're doing it a few weeks after we get back. I figure if we did it 'legal' in Mexico it would take several months to be legal in the US so its still quicker!!!
That's how I feel about it! I want the walk down the isle to be fresh and not to feel like it's just a formality. I have a friend who was so busy before she left that she ended up doing it after she got back and said it was better that way.

Quote:
Well to answer two questions with one post... It does seem easier to get married before you get to Mexico - but I just as well want the actual walk down the isle to be THE ACTUAL walk down the isle of becoming a Mrs...I hope to not regret that choice with all the details that wil need to be done in the 4 days before shots.gif

Secondly- I planned and reserved the trips for almost all the 29 guests that I have coming through Cheaptickets.com

I got the best prices - better then my mom who is a travel agent was able to get and it was very easy to do even for people that are coming from other countries such as Ireland and Africa - so I would strongly suggest checking them out for all your travel arrangement needs.

For transportation from the airport I was able to find a great deal on a van - $180 both ways for as many as 8 people so that's awasome and I would be glad to share that with anyone that needs that link.

My FI and I are renting a Jeep Wrangler there so I was also able to find a great deal on that - $150 for 10 days there and I would be glad to share that link with anyone interested also.

It's only 28 days to the wedding and 23 days till we leave so I am quite excited that I think almost all the arrangements are on their final leg smile72.gif
when you say that you reserved the trips for 29 guests on cheaptickets, how were you able to do that? Did you just pay for them and then have them reimburse you? I'm not sure how to go about it without having to pay for or at least put down a deposit for my guests in order to ensure there is available space for everyone that wants to come. Did you do a room block at the hotel?

Quote:

A lot of travel agents can do something called a "price match" where if you see it cheaper online they can match the price. I looked at a website and after talking to my MIL a travel agent we both realized that the price did not include transfers and tax...I just felt much safer using a travel agent-what if soemthing goes wrong or your flight gets cancelled...that is just me and the way I work-I always want to be safer than sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
A lot of travel agents can do something called a "price match" where if you see it cheaper online they can match the price. I looked at a website and after talking to my MIL a travel agent we both realized that the price did not include transfers and tax...I just felt much safer using a travel agent-what if soemthing goes wrong or your flight gets cancelled...that is just me and the way I work-I always want to be safer than sorry
that's sort of how i feel at least as far as my immediate family goes. my travle agent has just been really really slow in helping me move forward with this. i had to lock down the date with Dreams myself for the wedding. She was emailing with no success.

I can definetly understand all the concern - my FI and I have used Cheaptickets for A LOT of travel in the past and have been successful and have not had any issues so we felt comfortable - Hope all will be fine with it - I can't imagine that this would be the time that everything goes hay wire but anything is possible.

No matter what I WILL BE THERE on Oct 7th!!! smile36.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachformeplease View Post
that's sort of how i feel at least as far as my immediate family goes. my travle agent has just been really really slow in helping me move forward with this. i had to lock down the date with Dreams myself for the wedding. She was emailing with no success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachformeplease View Post
I had to reserve my own date as well. I don't think that is very unusual-you might want to try a different travel agent. I know that Tammy (the host) and a few other girls on here are travel agents that specialize in dw

Hi ladies,

For those of you who did not receive the Wedding Planning Form from the coordinators 1 month in advance, I would not worry about it too much, they go over everything in their meeting with you anyways. But seeing as somebody provided us the form you could always fill it out and send it to them.

I'll add the form to the attachments section on page 1.

Quote:

I am doing a lot of the transportation for my guests. I would really appreciate the website for the transportation to and from the airport and for the car rental place.

I can't believe the date is almost here!!!rockon.gif

Thanks!!