Today's our 3 Year (Pre-Wedding) Anniversary!

JaimeLynne

3 years ago on August 19th Martin and I met at a local bar in town. We plan on celebrating this evening at a nice Italian restaurant in Dallas (Avanti). Looking forward to it! Here's our story taken from our website:

Martin and Jaime grew up just down the street from each other in Kessler Park. We attended the same Highschool (Townview Magnet Center) and College (University of Texas at Arlington) but never knew each other until one fateful day...

Martin's Perspective:

Well it was just a normal night and I was out with Jon (my older brother) at Lee Harvey's. I first noticed Jaime when she stepped out to cross the street when the street light made her just glow and from then on I was struck! I watched her walk with her friends into the outdoor area of the bar. I had to look away because I was so enamored with the sight of her I couldn't imagine if she had caught me looking at her. Well right after I turned to join in the conversation around me, she ended up RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! I was completely caught off guard. After a night of reminiscing of our High School days the night unfortunately came to an end. We parted ways that night with a half-hug and me telling Jaime to find me on Myspace. To my COMPLETE surprise, when I got home...I had an email from Jaime! I was truely struck by cupid's arrow that evening.

We were friends for a few months - meeting up for lunch at UTA...both of us too shy to even look at the other and end up talking about the most insignificant things just to make conversation. After spending the time to get to know her for who she really was I finally gathered up the nerve to ask her out on our first date and we've been together ever since. Our relationship was built on a sturdy foundation of friendship and I hope to continue that for the rest of our lives.

Jaime's Perspective:

I was supposed to go out to dinner with some friends that night. Thanks to one friend who is notoriously late (sorry Jen! =P) we missed our reservations for the local restaurant and had to reschedule at another one further in town. Chris Friday was amongst the diners that evening, and invited us all out to Lee Harvey's to join some of his friends for a drink. Jennifer and I decided to go along. As we walked up to Chris' friends table, I noticed a guy from my highschool, so I went up to him and said "Hey, I think I know you...". He didn't say much so I figured he was kind of snooty and just not interested (little did I know...). Luckily, his older brother Jon jumped in and said "Y'all went to the same highschool - Townview". I had met Jon about a year earlier but had forgotten his face so I was thinking "who is this guy and how does he know that? But hey, this guy from my highschool is pretty cute so I'll just go with it!". Martin and I spent about 3 hours talking that night. I don't think I even finished my drink. It seemed like a scene straight out of a movie - everyone else in the crowd disappeared and all I could think of was him! We had so much in common, and really hit it off, to say the least. Eventually one of my friends jumped in and I realized how much time had flown by and that we needed to get home. So, we gave each other a quick "half-hug" and left saying that we would find each other on Myspace. I couldn't stop talking about him on the ride home, and once home immediately jumped on the computer to look him up. The rest, as they say, is history... I don't think either of us had planned to meet the love of our life that night, but Cupid played his hand well and fate helped us along.

We started out as friends for about 3 months which neither of us had done before. This allowed us to form a solid foundation before he asked me out on our first date. After that, things just took off for us! I am proud to say we are still the best of friends, and hope to carry that friendship with us through the rest of our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Cute story, J! And I said it in another thread, but I love your new pics!
Thanks again! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Congrats Jaime and Martin!! I love your stories. You two are just too cute!!

Oh and I heart Avanti (I'm so jealous) and Lee Harvey's rocks!!!
Thanks Lisa :) Yes, Avanti is sooo yummy. And romantic. I told Martin to call and let them know it's our Anniversary - so we'll see cheesy.gif And yeah Lee Harvey's is such a great, chill, kick-back place! Last time we were there the bartender (a new guy) overheard us saying that we met there and he was like "Alright, story up now!" so we told him the story and he gave us a 10% discount on our whole bill rockon.gif