Dallas BDW Meetup - Saturday, August 16th! *Updated with PICS! Pgs. 11-12*

JaimeLynne

So I've officially booked my driver for our get together! Woohoo! :-)

It was actually kind of funny when I was talking to David about it. I asked him if he would be able to drop me off/pick me up from somewhere on Sat night. And he was like, "Sure. Where?" And I was all, "Ummm....I don't know." lol! I explained the meet up to him and that we hadn't decided on a place yet and he was fine w/ it. But the look on his face when I told him I wanted to be dropped off at some "unknown location" was pretty funny!

So yeah, where DO we want to meet?! :-)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny Rach! I told James we were getting together Sat. night too. He just rolled his eyes and was like oh god. I invited him (because I knew he would give me a he!! no) and he laughed and said no - of course.

Do we want Mexican food or does it matter? I know we've come up with a area - off of McKinney Avenue in Dallas. There are a few options around that area.

Mi Cocina

Manny's (it's ok)

Mattito's

Looks like I covered all the "M's" haha....anyone else have suggestions? My brain is not turned completely on this morning!

LOL at your DHs responses! I talk to Martin about BDW every single day so he knows y'alls names by now I'm sure and feels totally OK with me going.

Rach & Lisa - what do you think about me and Rach inviting D & M to join us for a drink at the end if they'd like? Martin said he would like to since he has to drive me all around LOL plus I'm sure he'd like to meet who I keep talking about... blush2.gif Just for a drink at the very end tho - if that's cool with y'all!

I'm sooooo excited girls!!!!

I'm always up for Mexican! Mattitos is a fun place - cool atmosphere. Margaritas just so-so (although this is probably a good thing for Lisa LOL). Mi Cocina is cool too but their Mambo Taxis get me in trouble... haha I'd say we skip Manny's since Lisa says it's just ok. No "just ok" for us, ladies! wink.gif Primos has the BEST spinach queso and great margs but the food is just so so IMO and they'd probably be crowded as he!!.

The only other place I can really think of is Gloria's but that's over on Greenville - probably further than we were thinking! Sometime if y'all are ever brave enough to venture out to Bishop Arts they have some AWESOME places (North Oak Cliff). I live about 5 mins from there. But this time I think we should definitely stick to somewhere off of McKinney so it's easy for everyone to find and feels comfortable for everyone.

I would definitely be ok if D&M meet us for a drink. Heck - they can come if you girls want to invite them for the whole night...if they care anything about listening to us gossip. I have no problem with that at all.

o.k., let's do Mattito's. And Jaime - I've always love their rita's.....humm...the blues ones - right?

As for the Bishop Art district - I've been there once and really liked it. We went to Cafe Madrid a few months ago. It was so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
I would definitely be ok if D&M meet us for a drink. Heck - they can come if you girls want to invite them for the whole night...if they care anything about listening to us gossip. I have no problem with that at all.
o.k., let's do Mattito's. And Jaime - I've always love their rita's.....humm...the blues ones - right?
As for the Bishop Art district - I've been there once and really liked it. We went to Cafe Madrid a few months ago. It was so yummy!
I think it would be fun to keep it "girls only" until the end of the night - what do y'all think? Rachelle?

Also, about the 'ritas - I've only had their house ones (not too fond of that blue liquor - whatever it's called). Maybe I'll try a different one this time wink.gif

Bishop Arts has really picked up the past few years (I've lived here since I was 12 and thus have really seen it grow!). My fav Mexican restaurant over here is called Veracruz - authentic Mexican food from Veracruz Mexico. Also they have awesome house margaritas. We also have the original Gloria's over here and we usually eat there once a week, it's like our kitchen away from home wink.gif Plus you can't beat M-Th all day drink specials ($3 ritas, beer, mojitos, wine)! I could go on and on about the area but I will stop there wink.gif

Quote:
Rach & Lisa - what do you think about me and Rach inviting D & M to join us for a drink at the end if they'd like? Martin said he would like to since he has to drive me all around LOL plus I'm sure he'd like to meet who I keep talking about... Just for a drink at the very end tho - if that's cool with y'all!

I'm sooooo excited girls!!!!
Sounds good to me. I kinda didn't invite D at first partly because he's only borderline interested...like he "knows" the people I talk about most frequently and overall thinks the forum is cool. Well, actually he thinks it's kinda nerdy, but he gets it. lol! Anyway, the other part of why I didn't invite him to hang w/ us is 'cause I figure there would be some pretty serious girl talk going on - esp at first, so I figured he'd reach his limit on that pretty quick and feel left out. lol! But yeah, since he's going to pick me up anyway I think it would be fun to call him & M a little early to come hang out for a little bit. And I think it will be fun to meet each other's FI/DH's. :-)

Quote:
We went to Cafe Madrid a few months ago. It was so yummy!
omg, I haven't been to Cafe Madrid in like 4 years but I remember it being sooooo good! We went for dinner on New Years Eve and had pitchers of sangria w/ our food. YUM!

Quote:
My fav Mexican restaurant over here is called Veracruz - authentic Mexican food from Veracruz Mexico. Also they have awesome house margaritas. We also have the original Gloria's over here and we usually eat there once a week, it's like our kitchen away from home Plus you can't beat M-Th all day drink specials ($3 ritas, beer, mojitos, wine)! I could go on and on about the area but I will stop there
So that pretty much sounds amazing!! We'll have to take a "field trip" down there to try it out sometime! ;-)

Quote:
Sounds good to me. I kinda didn't invite D at first partly because he's only borderline interested...like he "knows" the people I talk about most frequently and overall thinks the forum is cool. Well, actually he thinks it's kinda nerdy, but he gets it. lol! Anyway, the other part of why I didn't invite him to hang w/ us is 'cause I figure there would be some pretty serious girl talk going on - esp at first, so I figured he'd reach his limit on that pretty quick and feel left out. lol! But yeah, since he's going to pick me up anyway I think it would be fun to call him & M a little early to come hang out for a little bit. And I think it will be fun to meet each other's FI/DH's. :-)
Lol! Upon reading this after I posted it, I realized that this was probably the longest possible answer to your question! lol!!! omg I'm so wordy sometimes!

Quote:
Rach - do you know where Mattito's is? Here's directions.
Mattito's Tex Mex
I didn't! Thanks!!! I was just about to google it! :-)