Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutierosie View Post
My wedding is before yours and I didn't get an e-mail telling me I could do this..in fact my wedding coordinator is not in FL anymore so I don't even know the person that is taking care of all my stuff, apparently I have this new person but she has not contacted me. I just contacted them and hopefully they will reserve my locations. It is pretty messed up that they have not taken care of these details by sending me any forms or that the new person has not contacted me yet.

Hopefully I get the forms this week so I can reserve everything.

Thanks for the information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope your new wedding coordinator gets in contact with you soon so you can get your events booked and confirmed.

What events are you planning on having and in what locations would you like them?

All the best.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMD12309 View Post
If anyone was wondering the tours for 2009 are available . My travel agent was able to get us all free swimming with the dolphins for me my fiance and all of our guests. I think so far thats the coolest thing about this trip hahaha

That Sounds AWESOME! remind me again, do we have to pay extra for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annouska View Post
I hope your new wedding coordinator gets in contact with you soon so you can get your events booked and confirmed.

What events are you planning on having and in what locations would you like them?

All the best.
I did contact her and she now is saying that she needs the supervisor to approve her getting my events confirmed. ANYWAY, here is what I wanted

Welcome Dinner Arrecifes (spelling?)

cocktail hour (somewhere on the grass underneath the palms overlooking the ocean, what would that location be lol? ohh and I am expecting anywhere from 30-60 people) I am having the wedding at the beach, so don't know what place would be near it. Time 6pm

reception location (for private party 60 people, I am thinking ) Time 7pm-10 I am thinking the lake terrace, I want something outside, near the water where people can dance, but is there a better place?

ceremony location/B] (I want the beach, but don't know where they do the beach weddings, or what the set-ups are)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutierosie View Post
That Sounds AWESOME! remind me again, do we have to pay extra for this?
Some of the tours are free if you have the Palace pass. And some are an additional charge. I told her that was the one thing i HAD to do when I was down there so that was like my wedding gift from her. Swimming with the dolphins costs like around $160 per person for a half hour. She was able to get that for us free and unlimited paradise snorkling, free calls to US and Canada free wet and wild pass etc for all of us that are going. If you have a travel agen helping you out I would try and get that too. There is a promotion going on now for free dolphin swim that ends at the end of Dec. Im getting married in Jan so she pushed to extend it for us. Im not sure if they will do that for those who are getting married in say March or April. I would try it out though!

Wow that is awesome about swimming with the Dolphins! I have always wanted to do that. I will try and contact my TA to see what she can do, but we aren't getting married until May...maybe they will have another promotion before then!

Where do I find the information about the tour packages for 2009?

For those are you married already...did you bring your own centerpieces and table decor or did you get it from the resort? If you got it from the resort, do you have any pics? Average price per table? Thanks!!!!

I want to bring stuff with us, but don't know about the practability of it...brining clothes for 2 people for 11 nights, Stuff for OOT bags for 30-50 people and table decor? Not sure it's all gonna happen. We are having people help us bring things down, but still.

Hey Everyone,

I'm back. I'm posting my review here because pretty much everyone is on this thread.

Resort

Definitely 5 star. They cater to your every need. The best restaurants were the 2 on the Spa side and the Brazilian restaurant on the Nizuc side. There is also an Asian restaurant on the Sunrise side that a lot of my guests liked, but we didn't get a chance to go there.

Rooms

We stayed on the Grand side and the rooms were awesome!! 2 pools over there. One is kind of around the corner, so we didn't even know about it until a couple days after we arrived. It's quieter over there, but sometimes when you want to relax and get away from a lot of people, you can hang at the Grand Moon pools. The rooms were amazing! Bigger than the other sides.

We got a suite and it was amazing! I'll post pics soon.

If you want room service, they have it to you within 15 minutes.

The staff there is wonderful!

Wedding ceremony

It was wonderful! My wedding coordinator was Nancy Ariza Ruiz and she did a great job! She set up everything I wanted her too.

We didn't need a rehearsal.

My only complaint is that our JOTP spoke horrible English and I'm pretty sure this was the first wedding he ever did because he literally read from a sheet of paper and could not pronounce anything correctly. It was pretty hard for us to understand, so maybe you can talk to your wedding coordinator about booking someone early that is better at that and has been doing it for awhile, if that is even possible.

Everything else was perfect!!

What I wouldn't do again

-I would have had a family member read the sand ceremony and NOT the JOTP.

-I wouldn't have ordered a cake. The strawberry wasn't very good and no one really ate it. It was almost a waste of money.

-I would have tried to have our wedding dinner at the Brazilian restaurant. It was really good! We had ours at the Barracuda Steakhouse and not everyone was pleased. They told us they couldn't have 22 people at Brazilian restaurant, but I walked by one day and it was set for 26 people outdoors. Hmmm? Don't get that. So, if you are doing a wedding dinner instead of reception, I would inquire about that.

Highlight of ceremony

-Horse and Carriage!! It was everyone's favorite moment!!!

Resort Photographer

Absolutely amazing!! I will find out his name for you. We are very pleased! We got the package that was $480. Beautiful album with 62 pics and then we got a CD/DVD that had all 100 pictures that he took. I am playing that at our AHR tomorrow night!

Pictures coming soon!

If you have questions, let me know!

Gotta run!