Alli - anyone try it?

Yari

i did post on the alli website, and one of the Drs said it can just take a while for your body to get used to being on it, and that a mulit vitamin can also cause some congestion. i stoped taking the vitamin.

so i'm torn. do i stay on it? is it working? i don't have time to waste! and it's not like i'm uncomfortable, but i wonder what is happening with all of this fat that i'm purposefully putting into my body?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
i did post on the alli website, and one of the Drs said it can just take a while for your body to get used to being on it, and that a mulit vitamin can also cause some congestion. i stoped taking the vitamin.

so i'm torn. do i stay on it? is it working? i don't have time to waste! and it's not like i'm uncomfortable, but i wonder what is happening with all of this fat that i'm purposefully putting into my body?
Are you really putting tons of extra fat into your body? I was under the impression that you were still to keep it under 15grams per meal which isn't all that much really. I mean i know that we can have a meal that is like 8 grams and be fine but 45grams per day is still relatively low to be the MAX intake from what I have read. I'm just throwing that out there.

I would say go with your gut instinct and if you are really torn that give yourself a cutoff of like a month. That's just a suggestion though- I mean if you are not uncomfortable.

i'm not eating over the limit, but i found that my regualar diet did not contain as much fat as alli suggested. therefore i was adding things like PB and cheesesticks to my meals to get the necessary fat.

so i'm loosing weight, 3lbs so far, but i don't know if it's because of my diet and working out...

I'm going to take a couple weeks off. see what happens....

Quote:
so.... i think i'm going off alli. I've been on it for almost 2.5 weeks, and while I have lost weight (3lbs) I'm not sure it's the Alli that is doing it. I'm working out and eating right.

WARNING - POOP TALK AHEAD

I wouldn't be going off Alli if it wasn't for my need to drink the special tea. My body may not be right for Alli. It was my understanding that I would be eliminating all this fat via pooping... but how am I supposed to do that if I don't poop at all? Seriously, it's bad. I have to drink the tea! That can't be right.
That stinks tara, I wonder if its the vitamins. The nights I remembered to take my vits I had a much harder time going in the morning.

Quote:
i'm not eating over the limit, but i found that my regualar diet did not contain as much fat as alli suggested. therefore i was adding things like PB and cheesesticks to my meals to get the necessary fat.

so i'm loosing weight, 3lbs so far, but i don't know if it's because of my diet and working out...

I'm going to take a couple weeks off. see what happens....
I've noticed the same problem with me, my normal meals are pretty low in fat, assuming I'm not pigging out, so it's almost like I'm constantly trying to eat more fat and in turn am eating more calories. I feel like if I don't eat the extra fat then theres no point in taking alli because it can't really do anything with no fat.

Anyway, I did really bad with taking my alli last week, it was a really hectic, bad week and I think I took my alli with breakfast everyday, but then the rest of my days ended up going to hell, so I got myself back on track this week and started working out again. I think I'm going to finish my bottle of alli and see how things have progressed and then decide if I want to keep using it. I'll have to see if its making enough difference to keep spending the money on it, or just do it on my own.

Tara, are you still using it now, are you going to finish what you have or just stop?

Okay... so I have been taking Alli for 12 days now and I'm done 7 more pounds from where I was before I started taking it! I had only lost 3 working at it by myself. I definitely didn't imagine that it would work that fast!

Yesterday I did make the mistake of sharing pizza with my fiance and one of our friends at work. Greasy pepperoni and mushrooms! My favorite! I paid for it later though... Not as bad as I would have imagined, but it was the first time since I'd been taking the pills that I realized they really do work.

I'll probably cut back a slice the next time I decide to endulge myself. Hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Okay... so I have been taking Alli for 12 days now and I'm done 7 more pounds from where I was before I started taking it! I had only lost 3 working at it by myself. I definitely didn't imagine that it would work that fast!

Yesterday I did make the mistake of sharing pizza with my fiance and one of our friends at work. Greasy pepperoni and mushrooms! My favorite! I paid for it later though... Not as bad as I would have imagined, but it was the first time since I'd been taking the pills that I realized they really do work.

Wow! congrats on the loss. I think this pill just works differently with people's bodies.
I'm just curious- What's a sample day of what you eat? I'm wondering about the whole too much , too little fat conversation that we've been having.
Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamille View Post
Wow! congrats on the loss. I think this pill just works differently with people's bodies.
I'm just curious- What's a sample day of what you eat? I'm wondering about the whole too much , too little fat conversation that we've been having.
Good for you!
Thank you! Honestly, I don't think that I have had to change "what" I eat as much as "how much." I have a portion control issue. I love food. Lots of good food!

Now this week I am staying off the scale as Aunt Flo and Cousin Bloat are in town, but I don't feel too much difference in my clothes so far so I think I'm fairing pretty well.

An example of what I've been eating....

Breakfast:
Either a bowl of cereal (various varieties of special K sometimes with a banana) or a Slim Fast shake if I'm in a big hurry before work.

Lunch:
I've been packing my lunch and doing either homemade soup (vegie, low fat low sodium chicken noodle), or a few other lower fat dishes I've made ahead.
I made lasagna rolls with low fat ricotta, prosciutto and spinach which makes for the perfect portion when rolled and they are well below the 15g fat.
Fi wanted meatloaf for lunch this week so I made it with oats instead of bread crumbs and used lean ground sirloin. His side was loaded mashed potatoes but I had various veggies each day (asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts).

Dinner:
We work 2pm to 11pm so lunch and dinner are somewhat reversed for us. Although our lunches are not large portions, we eat dinner foods then and have lighter items when we get home since we're usually awake until 4am.
Dinners have been a variety. I made wheat pancakes the other night (fi loves pancakes) with a fresh fruit compote. He has grilled fish fillets and zucchini or we're done grilled chicken strips for chicken wraps.

It's actually been really enjoyable trying to eat at home more and being prepared for lunches ahead of time.

Well I'm back on the bus! For a few reasons...

First I posted a bunch on the Alli site and they recommended a few things for me. 1. add fiber to my meals or fiber supplement 2. a digestive health yogurt and 3. MORE veggies!

My other reason is that I NEED (read: can't do it without!) a STRICT plan to follow. Other wise I cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat... you get it.

So tomorrow I'm back on it. I just hope I haven't gained back the 4.5 lbs I lost.... we'll see!!

Congrats Tara, that is awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post

Congrats on the weight loss!!

Quote:
Well I'm back on the bus! For a few reasons...

First I posted a bunch on the Alli site and they recommended a few things for me. 1. add fiber to my meals or fiber supplement 2. a digestive health yogurt and 3. MORE veggies!

My other reason is that I NEED (read: can't do it without!) a STRICT plan to follow. Other wise I cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat... you get it.

So tomorrow I'm back on it. I just hope I haven't gained back the 4.5 lbs I lost.... we'll see!!

Congrats Tara, that is awesome!!!!!
That's good that you got some new ideas to help you. I agree about needing to be strict to keep yourself on track. I did so well all week, even worked out 3 or 4 times, but then Thursday night I got home and I hadn't eaten all day and was starving, DH said let's get pizza, and of course, I was so hungry, I said YES!! And this weekend hasn't been very good either. But I did buy lots of fruit and veggies yesterday at the store, so I'm going to be good this week, no more bad food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
Congrats on the weight loss!!

That's good that you got some new ideas to help you. I agree about needing to be strict to keep yourself on track. I did so well all week, even worked out 3 or 4 times, but then Thursday night I got home and I hadn't eaten all day and was starving, DH said let's get pizza, and of course, I was so hungry, I said YES!! And this weekend hasn't been very good either. But I did buy lots of fruit and veggies yesterday at the store, so I'm going to be good this week, no more bad food.
We can get back on the bus together rolleyes.gif