Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

I have attached (I think) some additional pics in a Word Doc. My parents were at Dreams Cancun the last week of Feb. They saw two weddings. One was very small, with a beach reception. The other was 50-60 people, with a tower lobby/terrace reception. My mom thought this was a very nice set-up as the tower lobby is completely open to the terrace. It was very windy while they were there, and this way people could eat out of the wind. The pics were taken during set-up, before all decor was complete, but at least you can kind of get an idea of some options.

Hope this helps,

Susan

smile159.gif

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I e-mailed the photographer/videographer you suggested to check for availability. The website was impressive. Have you heard much about the photographer/videographer that is included in the "Ultimate" package? Do they have a website?
As far as reception sites go. When we were there vacationing last October, we saw a reception set up in the garden area. Beautiful! I actually found picture of that very wedding on the web. Check out
Elite Travel
Click on "Photo Gallery" and then "Dreams Cancun". Scroll to the bottom.
Also, my parents were just there this past week checking the place out. They met with Claudia and also saw two weddings while they were there. One reception was on the beach. My mom said it was very windy that day and figure the guest were eating as much sand as they were dinner. The second reception was on the terrace. She thought this was beautiful and loved the tiki torches. I'm deciding between the terrace and the garden...waiting to see my mom's pics. I'll try to post them if I can figure out how!

I really loved the idea of the beach reception, but was concerned about wind & sand and it being too dark, so I'm thinking either the garden area or the terrace. I have seen pics from the resort photographer, I posted them around here somewhere, I can't remember the name of the thread. His name is Juan something, doesn't have a website yet, I'll tell you that the pictures aren't very impressive, that's why we've all gone with outside photographers. I don't know what your budget is, but there are also several photographers from the states on this site that do DW, Leigh, Juan, Jonathan, & Jill, (I'm sorry if I forgot some of you!)

Quote:
One more thought....
How do you think we'd plug out iPods into their system? I was also thinking about doing it from a laptop. Probably would be best to have a tech saavy guest, who doesn't mind, in charge of the music. I still think I'd like a microphone too. What is everyone's plans for introduction, first dance, bouquet and garter tosses? Is anyone doing those things?

I'm not sure about how the IPOD hooks up, but when I talked to claudia it sounded like they do this frequently so it didn't seem like it would be a problem. The laptop idea is good too! We are having a small group so I don't even think a microphone will be necessary. We'll do the first dance, but not the bouquet & garter toss.

Are you having a large group?

I think we'll have 60-80 people, depending on if our single friends and family bring dates. We already have 55 confirmed and the wedding isn't until October. I'm excited to have a lot of people...but it also makes everything more expensive. I contacted two photographers, Michael Maurus and Claudia. I heard back from Michael and his prices seem comparble to the larger photo packages offered by Dreams. I wonder how it works if we choose not to use their photographer. Are we credited? Can we put in towards extra flower/decorations? Same with the videographer.

Thanks for sending the attachments and the ticker 411!

Quote:
I think we'll have 60-80 people, depending on if our single friends and family bring dates. We already have 55 confirmed and the wedding isn't until October. I'm excited to have a lot of people...but it also makes everything more expensive. I contacted two photographers, Michael Maurus and Claudia. I heard back from Michael and his prices seem comparble to the larger photo packages offered by Dreams. I wonder how it works if we choose not to use their photographer. Are we credited? Can we put in towards extra flower/decorations? Same with the videographer.
Thanks for sending the attachments and the ticker 411!
Susan, I'm glad you were able to figure out the ticker! I was hoping I explained that right!

Thats great that you have so many people, but I understand about it costing more too! We are having I think between 20-25, but who knows people change there mind everyday! I had also contacted Michael Maurus and he was very nice I think his prices may have been similar to claudias, but I liked claudias style a little more.

I was wondering the same thing about a credit. I wanted to see if they would give me some kind of credit towards renting the sound system or DJ if I didn't want the resort photographer, but someone else said no. I will eventually ask claudia this question, I'll let you know what I find out.

Jill-

I e-mailed Claudia today about crediting us if we choose not to use their photographer. I'll let you know when she gets back to me. I'm sure I'll be waiting a while...sent an e-mail last week about rooms, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I think they need to hire her some help. She has got to be overworked with all the weddings she does a year.

Quote:
Jill-
I e-mailed Claudia today about crediting us if we choose not to use their photographer. I'll let you know when she gets back to me. I'm sure I'll be waiting a while...sent an e-mail last week about rooms, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I think they need to hire her some help. She has got to be overworked with all the weddings she does a year.
Definitely agree. She needs an assistand. She said she didnt have one when I was there and I know she has weddings like everyday!!

Yes from what she has told me, things can be traded for other things.
Have something in mind when you ask.

You would probably want to contact a TA about that, they can get you the best rates. Tammy (host) of this site, is a TA that specializes in DW and she's helped a lot of the girls on the forum and can get you the best rates. You might want to try sending her a PM