My Resort Was Just bought by Hilton What Now?

wtf.gif I am totally freakin out!!!My future Mother in Law left a message that Rose Hall Resort was just bought by Hilton. Although I have put a large deposit down I don't know if that means anything. My contract does not have anything in detail except the holding of the date (which I heard from another BDW that when she called it was available). I am so worried and no one is answering my emails or phone calls. I have not chosen the menu or any details they told me it was too soon, so what happens now if the prices change and I can't afford this resort anymore? I can't afford to loose my deposit either. What if they change the resort in general I love the way it looks the way it is especially the room comforters (long story...I chose places if I liked the comforters). What if they expand and there is construction when I am trying to have a quiet wedding and there is a crain in my pics? What happens if it is no longer all inclusive...that is huge for us? What if My room for the week is no longer free another expense we can't live with out? Ok so I guess it is obvious how freaked out I am, and all my questions have questions which then have questions and no one will answer me there AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! And on top of it all my future mother in law is acting like I am a idiot like I should have known this was happening or actually happen. The funny thing is this was one of my questions when I went there as a business person myself duh they couldn't answer that and duh that level of person I was talking to probably wouldn't even know that answer. I am so devastated I don't know what to do, I feel so helpless I just want answers and I know I am not going to get them for a while and I am scared of what they are my wedding in paradise might be canceled sad.gif

Thanks for listening, sorry if I went off course or didn't make any sense

Try not to worry too much, I just read about it and it looks like it is still being managed by the same company. Hopefully your original contract will still stand. DH and I were there in January and were really pleased with their customer service, I'm sure they will work with you even if some things do change.

Quote:
Rose Hall Resort & Spa remains owned by affiliates of Blackstone Real Estate Advisors, which also owns Hilton Hotels Corporation. The resort continues to be managed by LXR Luxury Resorts & Hotels under a franchise license agreement with Hilton Hotels & Resorts, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hilton Hotels Corporation.
You can read more here. HotelExecutive.com NewsWire — Jamaica's Rose Hall Joins Hilton

You know, this could be a positive... maybe hilton is going to raise prices ect to bring the current resort up to its standards... but since you have a contract with the resort as it is now, you might get "more" for your money.

Just a thought!

When I was orginally planning a local wedding that happened to me... the venue I wanted was being sold and they were going to be offering a whole lot more amenties for the same contract rate. I ended up not liking the new owner which is what pushed me to DW ... but we were going to get a heck of a deal compared to what we were originally going to get.

Ok update to my drama...yes I over reacted but what bride doesn't right away once I calmed down I was much more productive :) So it is a good and a bad thing...my date is safe and my deposit stands...my room rates are not secure which worries me since that is the big reason I chose this resort. Menu prices are due to change but hopefully not to drastically...I am going to fight for the wedding costs since they told me not to contract specifics until closer to the date. Hopefully everuthing will work out which I am sure it will...it is just so scary being on such a tight budget and there is a chance of prices rising.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica053009 View Post
Ok update to my drama...yes I over reacted but what bride doesn't right away once I calmed down I was much more productive :) So it is a good and a bad thing...my date is safe and my deposit stands...my room rates are not secure which worries me since that is the big reason I chose this resort. Menu prices are due to change but hopefully not to drastically...I am going to fight for the wedding costs since they told me not to contract specifics until closer to the date. Hopefully everuthing will work out which I am sure it will...it is just so scary being on such a tight budget and there is a chance of prices rising.
If your heart is set on RHR (which I believe it is since you put the deposit), MAKE SURE YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT -- FAX IT TO THEM AND KEEP A COPY (and make sure you know who received it and when (they lost mine a couple of times) -(putting the deposit would not be enough as far I what I experienced) -- For my wedding, I signed the contract a few weeks before they up their menu and package prices -- I was lucky because the WC told me that if I did not have signed the contract, the new prices would apply to me (regardless of the fact that I put a deposit -- the deposit reserves the date but doesn't guarantee the prices) --- the only thing is that when I wanted to change something on my menu, if it wasn't on my contract, the new highter prices would apply for that change (and some of the prices were almost double of what they were originally quoted) -- do I make sense? (I tend to ramble a bit but I think this is pretty important)