Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
Just as a warning... we wanted to do the Mixed Grill. 1. Because it didn't require 50 people. 2. because it was cheaper. however we were NOT allowed. they said that option is NOT for weddings and they won't do it. So make sure you confirm that with them before you get down there. it would be really disappointing to tell all of your guests you'll be eating under the stars and then not be able to.
Maybe this is a difference with WC's? I asked Jazmin about this and she said we were allowed to do the Mixed Grill. Here's what she said:

Regarding the difference between the Mixed Grill and the Theme Dinner:
The main difference is the food, and the set up is not such elegant as with the thematic or luxe lobster dinner as, but all are set up by the pools,

About what exactly the mixed grill was:
All the options included in the mixed grill are not together, I mean, not all in 1 dish, everything is separate, like a buffet style,

Is it served as in the info said, not side dishes because it is not a thematic dinner, but of course with bread and for drinks you have beers

I know she had given me more info but I can't find it now (sorry, I have like a hundred emails from Jazmin). The other big difference is that the Mixed Grill is served with plastic cutlery. I asked about paying extra for 'real' cutlery but she said that if you want that, then you need to pay extra and have the Theme dinner. I'm sure for some people plastic cutlery wouldn't be a big deal, but FH thought it was a little too casual.

Thanks for the info... the e-mail I had received from Jazmin had the mixed grill as one of the options, so I am guessing it is, but I will confirm it with her. I thought this would be an option because it was on the list... but who knows! Okay, I am going to e-mail her back today with the up to date requests... thanks so much!

Does anyone have a timeline that worked for them? Or does the WC figure all that out? Our ceremony is booked for 2pm and we would like to have the poolside cocktail reception after dinner. So I'm thinking 5:30 for dinner (our options are 5, 5:30 or 9 or 9:30 or something like that). Is 5:30 too early to eat? It seems a little early to me, but 9 seems way too late because what would we do for the long in-between time? So 5:30 for dinner and then a 2 hour poolside reception after that and then people can go do the disco after if they want. What do you think?

Ahhh! So, no sides for the dinner... We just don't want to pay for a theme dinner if we are going to have less than 50 people. I wonder if anyone knows, are there any ways to purchase sides for the dinner? That seems so weird that you wouldn't be able to...

I'm back! Our wedding was great...HOT, but great! I am going to post my review and pictures probably tomorrow night.

I will say that I didn't like Jazmin. She seemed very bossy and rude to me....could be because mhy best friend is a wedding planner here in the states and maybe she was bothered by this? She was really rude to her....

She totally hooked us up on the no alcohol at the poolside reception. She charged us $3 per person for the first hour and $2 per person for the second hour.

Oh and the reason we figured she "never rec'd our confirmation on the disco" is because she made a mistake. Apparently there was a teen danced scheduled for the same night and she must have forgotten or not known about it then lied to cover up. Oh well, the disco was WAY too hot the one time we went there and it was nice and breezy by the pool.

Look for my review and pictures tomorrow!

Oh and I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the different locations, like the Salon Tulum because we took our digital camera with us to Xcaret and put it in this container that was SUPPOSED to be water proof! It ruined our camera because the entire thing filled up with water! Luckily our card was saved!

Yeahh! Congrats Martha! I am frustrated, I keep e-mailing back and forth with Jazmin about the dinner, and now she wanted the mix grill to be from 7-9pm and have the reception with the DJ and alcohol from 9-10:30pm ( mind you we are paying for two hours, not an hour and a half, which is not enough time.) Does this make sense? Why would we pay for two hours and then get this e-mail...It's kind of crazy trying to figure all this stuff out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
Yeahh! Congrats Martha! I am frustrated, I keep e-mailing back and forth with Jazmin about the dinner, and now she wanted the mix grill to be from 7-9pm and have the reception with the DJ and alcohol from 9-10:30pm ( mind you we are paying for two hours, not an hour and a half, which is not enough time.) Does this make sense? Why would we pay for two hours and then get this e-mail...It's kind of crazy trying to figure all this stuff out!

Weird. What time is your wedding? The mixed grill must be a new option, I have never heard of this before....is it the dinner by the pool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
Weird. What time is your wedding? The mixed grill must be a new option, I have never heard of this before....is it the dinner by the pool?
Yes it is by the pool. We were going to have it at one of the restaurants, but I didn't want to make my guests use their only a la carte dinner! It seems so weird that they do it like that. I was just saying, there is no way I am paying for two hours and only getting an hour and a half... I don't think I am being anal by saying that either! Organizing this all drives me crazy!!!