Club Med does allow kids now. In fact, this used to be a singles resort, but is now one of Cancun's best family friendly resorts.

I realize all this wedding planning and site comparison can be overwhellming. However, do the site inspections and be prepared to be treated like kings and queens when you do. Just try to enjoy yourselves and take lots of notes so you can remember your trip. Otherwise, everything will become a blur after a few days. I guess the upside to that is you can always plan a return trip to do everything all over again, LOL!!!

Have Fun Planning Your Special Day,

212eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies picking a resort is really the toughest part. We were engaged for 5 months before we went for our site visit. I will preface this by saying that we were in cancun for another wedding so we had ONE DAY to look at resorts.

You will overwhelm yourself. You will feel frsutrated. You will look at a ton of places and not know which one is the best. I would be realistic - what really worked well for us was narrowing it down to 5 resorts that we looked at that met our criteria.

For two months before we went, FI and I had a lot of talks about what was important. 1) family friendly 2) within 30 min drive of cancun airport 3) within our one week guest budget 4) opportunity for private reception 5) One wedding a day, non negotiable 6) all-inclusive 7) private ceremony cool.gif beach front property.

I looked at every resort in Mexico and the Dominican. I started crossing resorts off the list that didn't meet the criteria (non-negotiable). We visited: the Paradisus, Azul, Dreams Cancun, and the Grand Palladium. Could be have looked at 12 more? Absolutely - but I knew I would drive myself nuts.

Once we picked the resort it really got easier. Now I can jsut deal with all the fun stuff!

Missy,

Thank you SO MUCH, it is weird, my situation and critieria are EXACTLY yours, MY FI and i have been engaged for almost 6 months and my mom and i are headed to Cancun in a few weeks for a 3 day visit to many of the resorts you visited your criteria is also my criteria, with a private reception being the most imporant along with affordable for guests, and beachfront availability. I am looking at $8-900 per person for a 3-4 day stay (including airfaire) and around $12-1500 for a week stay...I have a few questions...would you like to pm or visit on the phone?

SERIOUSLY?

Oh man... I need to call my TA...

The lowest I've been quoted for Feb 2010 (from the resort, not the TA) was 238 per person a night... so 3 nights would be 714... and then airfare to cancun is like 450 to 500.

*Sigh*

If I wasn't having such a long engagement already, I would totally go for a different month...

Ashley...would you mind posting pictures from your trip when you get back?? I would love to see the different locations you and your mom go to. My FI and I wont be able to make a trip until Oct. i hope. I still haven't narrowed down my list, but I hope to real soon. The locations you'll be looking at are some that I'm interested in. Also...would you mind taking pictures of CasaMagna...I'm looking into them too...if you dont mind.

Thanks!undecided.gif

Please feel free to PM me or email me at mradolli@hotmail.com with any questions! I will say that our package is a 7 night, 8 day one (Canadian all-inclusives generally don't run for 3-4 days!). That being said, of the hotels we looked at the Paradisus was at the higher end of the scale but we decided to go for it.

I would also caution to say that flight costs are not available through the airlines until 330 days before the flight. Sooo... the prices you are getting for 2010 are really just estimates based on current prices and the forecasted increases..