Alli - anyone try it?

Yari

Y'all are brave! I have not tried it, but a girlfriend of mine used it for about two weeks and she said she felt aweful on it.

I'm about to do a detox diet that a few people I work with have done. It's nine days long (more of a jump start to healthy dieting). The people that I know who have used it have lost soo many inches and lbs in only 9 days that I am astounded. Once I get the stuff (it's shakes) I'll post all the info. in case someone else wants to try it- and I'll post my results.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleansbride View Post
Y'all are brave! I have not tried it, but a girlfriend of mine used it for about two weeks and she said she felt aweful on it.

I'm about to do a detox diet that a few people I work with have done. It's nine days long (more of a jump start to healthy dieting). The people that I know who have used it have lost soo many inches and lbs in only 9 days that I am astounded. Once I get the stuff (it's shakes) I'll post all the info. in case someone else wants to try it- and I'll post my results.
I had a girlfriend that did that and lost a ton. I'm not that strong. I would end up wanting to chew off my arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly C View Post
I had a girlfriend that did that and lost a ton. I'm not that strong. I would end up wanting to chew off my arm.
I have a couple friends doing it with me, so we'll have a support system! thewave.gif And, it's only 9 days. I figure I can do anything for 9 days if I really focus and put my mind to it.

Eek, ok I must say I had to stop reading after page 5 (lol). However, I just wanted to pop in and mention an alternative method for those of you that want a little "boost" to help lose weight. It is a supplement called Relora. (Many of you have probably seen commercials for "Relacor" - it is similar to that, just make sure you get a high potency, high quality brand of RELORA and NOT Relacor)

My therapist actually recommended this supplement to me because I have a problem with Adrenal Fatigue - basically my body has been overproducing a chemical called Cortisol for way too long and my adrenal glands are shot. High levels of Cortisol can also increase stress eating. While I begun to take this supplement purely for stress/anxiety I found out that it has this added benefit of weight loss. I lost about 5-7 lbs. when I was taking it consistently over about 3 months. I do want to point out that it works best when combined with Alpha Lipoic Acid and Fish Oil . I got off of Relora for a few months and my weight shot back up 5-7 lbs. I just started back on it about 2 weeks ago and I have dropped 1.6lbs as of this morning (yay! wink.gif) Plus I notice that my anxiety is greatly reduced again.

I go to SunDrops to get this supplement and a guy working there one day said he lost 15 lbs. taking Relora with no other changes to his diet/exercise patterns.

I am happy to report that I have had no negative side effects from this supplement.

More on Relora:

Quote:
Relora® is a new, non sedative herbal stress relief formula derived from magnolia and phellodendron extracts that supports those with general stress and related irritability, restlessness, food cravings, snacking, and poor sleep quality to relax and reclaim a sense of stability and well being.

Research Shows 8 out of 10 people feel more relaxed and find better sleep with Relora®!

In a clinical study conducted at the Living Longer Clinic in Cincinnati, 50 people suffering from chronic stress were administered 200 mg of Relora® three times daily for two weeks. Results showed that 8 out of 10 participants felt more relaxed and 7 out of 10 reported more restful sleep. Post trial analysis revealed 78% of the patients felt more relaxed, and while the product does not cause significant sedation 74% of the patients also experienced a restful night’s sleep. Only 24% of participants reported drowsiness. In addition, Relora® was judged to be gentle on the stomach by 94% of the subjects, and no significant side effects were reported.

Stress and Food Cravings

Chronic stress can cause cravings for cookies, candy, chips and other unhealthy foods. While most adults who have these cravings under stress are aware of their unhealthy appetite, scientists have had difficulty in demonstrating actual cause and effect. However, Dr. Elissa Epel and colleagues at University of California, San Francisco has shown that individuals who are high reactors to cortisol, consume more calories and more sweet foods under stress. Their recent research also demonstrated that greater food consumption occurred in high cortisol reactors when they were in a negative mood. Elevated levels of cortisol and lowered levels of DHEA are associated with stress.

Relora® has been shown to support normal, healthy levels of cortisol and DHEA helping to manage stress-related eating. A second trial conducted at the Living Longer Clinic measured cortisol and DHEA levels in patients with mild to moderate general stress. A two-week regimen of Relora® caused a 227% increase in salivary DHEA and a 37% decrease in salivary cortisol levels, as amounts of each of these substances returned to normal in all subjects during the course of Relora® use.

How does it work?

Relora® was designed and evaluated to support healthy management of stress-related symptoms such as irritability, emotional ups and downs, restlessness, tense muscles, poor sleep, and concentration difficulties. It uses an advanced combination of magnolia and phellodendron extracts to help support normal levels of the cortisol and DHEA hormones in the body to promote the management of stress related symptoms. Relora® works by binding to stress receptors in the nervous system to promote relaxation and feelings of well being while ignoring receptors associated with sedation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
this is personal, so don't respond if you don't want to, but for your height, were you over the weight/height ratio scale on the Alli box?

(yes I bought it this afternoon. decided i need some fear to keep me on track)
yes, tara, i was over the weight/height ratio scale when i first started it. i am barely 5'2" and have a petite frame, so according to my doctor, i should really only weight about 125 to be "healthy & normal." i am about 15 pounds heavier than that right now, and was even heavier when i first started alli.

Maura, question for you. I bought the starter pack and was going to start this week. However we are going camping with a group of people this weekend and I know I'll be drinking beers and eating s'mores.

When do you think I should start? If I start this week, should I just not take them this weekend?

Basically my question is.. which I can't find anywhere in the booklets, is how long does Alli effect what you eat? Does the pill you take before a meal ONLY affect that meal? Or say you take one at breakfast, but then skip lunch and eat a bag of dougnuts, will you get treatment effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
Maura, question for you. I bought the starter pack and was going to start this week. However we are going camping with a group of people this weekend and I know I'll be drinking beers and eating s'mores.

When do you think I should start? If I start this week, should I just not take them this weekend?

Basically my question is.. which I can't find anywhere in the booklets, is how long does Alli effect what you eat? Does the pill you take before a meal ONLY affect that meal? Or say you take one at breakfast, but then skip lunch and eat a bag of dougnuts, will you get treatment effects?
read the FAQ on alli ?weight loss program for healthy weight loss - the website is really helpful.

it effects everyone differently, but alli can stay in your system anywhere from 48-72 hours. so no, you cant take one at breakfast and then skip lunch but eat a bag of donuts. you will get treatment effects from doing that. you can't mix the pills with alcohol either. so i would say wait until after you get back from your camping trip so you can get on a good regular schedule. otherwise if you take it for 3 days, and then dont take it for the 2 days before your trip and during your trip, its like you just totally wasted at least 9 pills right there.

by the way, any way you can cut beer completely from your diet? its really bad for you for a number of reasons -- theres a lot less calories and other bad stuff in vodka mixed with crystal light lemonade. if you cut booze from your diet, that alone should help you lose a quick 5 pounds. but if you cant cut booze out, you need to be strategic about what you consume.

thanks! I'll definitely check out the website.

Good tip on the mixed drinks. I hardly drink in the first place. Maybe a glass of wine or two, but that's not often. I'll have to bring some vodka camping!

I'm so excited to start, but also so nervous. I want to be really well informed before I start. Sounds like the website is the place to go

Any tips now that you've been using it for a bit?

hi girls. i just wanted to let you know that I've been doing the Alli diet (without taking the pills) since Sunday. And I've lost 2 lbs so far. I am totally amazed by this diet. It's so easy, and I don't ever feel unsatisfied.

just wanted to let you all know that the diet works by itself as well!!!

no i really have no other tips... just that exercizing while taking the pills gives me almost double the results. i just have been too crazy to make it to the gym much so my weight loss is pretty steady.