Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam1984 View Post
I Just posted a question regarding the photographer. We were all set to use the resorts photographer and upgrade the package but having read some of the other posts, it seems that the majority of brides use an outside photographer. I have spoken to a few photographers who have quoted me quite reasonable prices. The only problem would be getting them on site as the Moon Palace state 'no outside vendors'.
Hopefully some of the other girls can help me with that proble.

As we are having a small wedding 10-15 guests we are'nt having a reception, just a cocktail hour and a meal at one of the restaurants. Just need to decide on which restaurant now.

Have you chosen a dress yet? I just orderd mine, its a Farage dress, never heard of them untill i tried it on. Its got a very spanish look to it. Cant wait to wear it now!!

xx
TAM thats what I am doing as well. we are only having about 20 people (if that) at our wedding and we are going to do a cocktail hour then pick a restaurant. What restaurant where you thinking of? i have no idea of mine i have to wait to see who is coming to see what food they would eat haha. Then when we get back to NY we are having a reception.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We think we are actually going to end up in one of the banquet rooms. Two very large Irish families who love to vacation so it seems many people are planning to come along. We think we will have around 80, but then again you never know who will actually book until they do.

Has anyone been able to get anywhere on the flower subject? Elizabeth usually doesn't respond very quickly.

What did everyone do for thier save the dates?

Has anyone looked on you tube for weddings at Moon Palace? I found a couple of good actual videos (not just picture slideshows)...

For some reason I feel funny posting a link to someone else's wedding video... but the one I looked at, the bride's name was Sandra... and she was beautiful and the whole ceremony was beautiful!! They got married in the Tucan gazebo. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMD12309 View Post
TAM thats what I am doing as well. we are only having about 20 people (if that) at our wedding and we are going to do a cocktail hour then pick a restaurant. What restaurant where you thinking of? i have no idea of mine i have to wait to see who is coming to see what food they would eat haha. Then when we get back to NY we are having a reception.
I'm doing the same thing... cocktail hour and then picking a restaurant...
we chose the Palapas Barracuda Steakhouse because it's one of the few that will fit everyone... we have 20 people coming also.
Nicole knows a lot about it too!

Good luck!
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaBound View Post
We think we are actually going to end up in one of the banquet rooms. Two very large Irish families who love to vacation so it seems many people are planning to come along. We think we will have around 80, but then again you never know who will actually book until they do.
Has anyone been able to get anywhere on the flower subject? Elizabeth usually doesn't respond very quickly.
What did everyone do for thier save the dates?
I have elizabeth too, and she is slow to respond...I think im giving up on the flower dealio and just get there and hope for the best.

So I am going to vent real quick...

My future MIL booked our rooms and 4 other rooms through her RCI timeshare.

I asked Maria Torres if we could be put in the same area as our guests.

She said she would request the Nizuc for all of us.

Here is the e-mail we just exchanged...

Hello Ms. Torres,

Were you able to book me and my guests all on the Nizuc side?

I know you said you were trying to get us all in the Nizuc section with the rest of our guests, so I was wondering if that was finalized yet.

Thanks,

Melissa

__________________________________________________ ____

Hi Melissa Yes yesterday she informed me that the reservations cannot be transfered to Nizuc, the reason why is that the system automatically places all RCI reservations in a different section of the resort and reservation cannot be changed once in the system. The system does not allow them, not even date changes. At this time rooms are available at Nizuc but I do not know if they are going to be available when they check in at the resort. The only option I can think off is to request the change once they check in at the resort but that will be subject to availability at that time.

Kind Regards,

Maria del Carmen Torres

Manager of Operations

World Vacations Travel

Tel: 305-416-6585

1-800-346-8225 ext. 7521

Fax: 305-373-8878

Palace Resorts - Welcome to the Official Site

Le Blanc Spa Resort- Close to Perfection

So now, I don't even know which section we are being put in... Sunrise or Grand. I guess it's OK if it's not the Nizuc section, but I want to be in the same section as our guests, so hopefully she can work it out that way.

I am waiting to hear back from her.

UGH!!!

Me and my FI's side of the family are booked on the Grand side and all of my family is on the Nizuc side. I hear it's only a 5 minute golf cart ride away, so hopefully this will work out OK.

What do you girls know about the Grand side?

All I know is it's not finished yet and there is only one restaurant over there.

A very good Caribbean restaurant, but only one, so we will be going over to Nizuc and Sunrise for dinner a lot.

Any comments would be appreciated...

Have a nice 4th!!

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomas5555 View Post
Me and my FI's side of the family are booked on the Grand side and all of my family is on the Nizuc side. I hear it's only a 5 minute golf cart ride away, so hopefully this will work out OK.
What do you girls know about the Grand side?
All I know is it's not finished yet and there is only one restaurant over there.
A very good Caribbean restaurant, but only one, so we will be going over to Nizuc and Sunrise for dinner a lot.
Any comments would be appreciated...

Have a nice 4th!!

Melissa
I haven't seen the Grand yet, it was just getting built last time we were there, but there are some great pics of it on TripAdvisor and the rooms look great. Dont worry about having to go to Nizuc or Sunrise for dinner, just do the lobby shuttles, its not really that big of a deal, its like if you were staying in a hotel and had to go out to dinner. At least your guests are in Nizuc and not Sunrise, that would be more of a PITA. I'm a bit jealous actually, I love the look of the Grand rooms.

HI Everyone! I have seriously been MIA! I am so busy now that I feel like I am moving backwards - Pookie how are you doing short timer?!

Sharla - welcome back! Excited to see all your beautiful pics and hear your wonderful story!

Witnesses - from what I understand you need 2. I may be wrong, though.

How has everyone been? Planning, planning, planning?!

Nicole

Has any of you decided on a sand ceremony? Well....I guess I am leaving to Mexico in 17 days and we still do not have that part nailed! Oh yeah..and how do we alter our vows?! My husband is starting to get emotional on this whole thing - funny because I didn't think it was as big a deal to him. I guess 20 years is a big deal and even though we have been married FOREVER, this wedding has him nervous. Funny! He told me yesterday that he is not nervous about being with me - duh! - but since we never had a wedding before it is kind of scary! haha. We still have to write our vows, finish chosing our music, and create our sand ceremony. Nothing like running out of time! :o)

Sharla how did you transport your dress, flowers, etc?

Thanks!

Nicole