If you have a complaint about Lomas (funjet guys in mexico)

rodent

The email address is aftertravel@funjet.com

We had a terrible experience with Lomas. Mandy & her group had a similar experience so I told her I'd give her the contact info once I found it. I thought I'd share incase someone else has a complaint.

I'm normally not a big complainer, but these guys were so unethical. One guy lied & told us we owed a $1000 fee that he had just made up. He was rude to all of our guests. Lomas was the only bad part of our vacation.

My experience with Lomas 9 years ago was great. I had heard things had gotten bad, but I couldn't believe what an impact they had on our vacation. I will avoid Funjet just to avoid Lomas until things change.

• Like 1

We had one guy accuse us of lying, as well as vehicles we booked that never showed up.

Equally as bad was the fishing trip we booked for the guys through Lomas. They took the boat out even though seas were WAY too rough, everyone got sick, they came back early because it was too rough to fish, and still charged FULL price!

I didn't have time earlier to actually share advice.

the lomas guys are the ones that you meet at the airport to get a van ride to the hotel. warn your guests to make a pit stop before getting on the van because the ride can take a while. You sit on the van waiting for a while until it's full. Then you make multiple stops along the way so it can take a while. This really isn't a complaint, just a heads up. There is a restroom right outside the airport at this little hut concession stand.

You get a ticket when before you get on the van. Your driver will take it, but make sure you get it back. They just pass it around to each other & you have to keep track of who has it so you get it back. Our driver didn't give it to us & we got scolded by the lomas guy at the hotel. he acted like we couldn't get a van ride back to the airport. He got us really worried about making sure our guests had theirs so we met them all when they got off the van to confirm. That should not have been our job.

We met with the guy the first day to "confirm all of our guests were taken care of." I put that in quotes because that was not his priority. We saw that one guest wasn't on his list. This should have let him know there was a problem, but he blew it off. Turns out the guy was booked at the wrong hotel & it all could have been resolved that day if the lomas guy actually cared to help us. Instead he spent the whole time pushing trips on us that we didn't want to take.

We didn't tell him we had a trip booked through sinal tours/ mayan landscape. I was worried he would somehow cancel our trip.

When we returned from the trip with Sinal, the lomas guy was mad we didn't book through him. Maybe this was the reason why he lied to us the night before our wedding saying that the guy who was booked at a different hotel owed a "$1,000 no show fee." He just made that up to upset us.

He also told 4 of our guests they needed to cancel their trip with captain rick's for deep sea fishing because the weather would be bad. good thing those guys didn't listen.

We should have been able to arrange all of our guests shuttles the day we had the meeting with him. Most of our guests were flying out at the same time so it would have made sense to put them on the same van. Instead they had to each meet with him 2-3 times and ended up splitting them amongst 5 vans. He tried to split up my mom & aunt after my aunt had paid extra for a flight that got her on the same shuttle as my mom. He accused them of lying to him about the confimation he had given them the day before.

We tried to get a cab to go to Paamul for snorkeling. A few days prior the lomas guy told us you can't snorkel at Paamul. Complete lie. It was a wonderful place. He tried to block us from getting a cab so we would pay twice as much for a van through him. We had to wait until he went back upstairs to get a cab.

Also, he would schedule appointments with guests & then not show up.

So my tips are:

1. Don't book your excursions through Lomas. Book them through a better service. I really liked Sinal Tours/ Mayan landscape. http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t23934

You can book deep sea fishing directly though captain rick's or someone similar.

if you want to go to xcaret or xelha you can just buy your tickets online or when you get there & take a cab or collectivo.

It's usually cheaper to book everything yourself & cut out the middle man.

2. don't tell the lomas guy what types of excursions you have planned. try not to tell anyone at the hotel. I thought the bellhop was just making conversation with us when we arrived. He asked what we had planned & I told him about the trip to coba. he asked who we were using & I told him Sinal. Then he lied & said they were banned from the hotel. So I learned to just keep our plans a secret.

3. get everything in writting. do not trust a verbal agreement.

4. try to get all your guests booked on a shuttle when you have your first meeting with the guy so they don't have to individually meet with him. I felt bad that our guests were having to deal with all of this. It should have been so simple.

I don't want to get anyone worried that this is going to be a disaster. It didn't ruin our trip. But, if I would have known to expect this we could have made things a lot smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryzeless View Post
Morgan,
Is this lomas guy the lomas rep at your hotel?
yeah, there were several of them. The first one you encounter is right when you leave the airport. They tell you where to go for your van. Then you talk to several lomas people trying to get on the right van. it was pretty messy. the driver was nice. at our hotel their were 2 lomas reps that were in the lobby bar in the day time. These are the guys that gave us the most problems.

From our experience & what other's have told me the entire Lomas company is run poorly. So it's not like we just had one bad rep.

I don't know if peopole who didn't book with funjet interact with them. There were other people there doing a similar job for different companies.

Thanks for the tips, Morgan. I already printed out my newsletters, but will send out a mass email letting my guests know....We already have a trip planned with Captain Rick's so I will have to let everyone know to not say anything!

yeah - i had a strange Lomas experience when I was there in May. I went to get my "return ticket scheduled (also known as "opportunity for a sales pitch for excursions) and he told me the flight left at 5...and I told them that I understood from my TA that the flight was changed till 12:30...and he argued and argued and told me I was wrong....so I actually believed I was. Then I saw him the next day and he said, oh i was right, and to be here in the lobby at 9. Then the next day, he said, oh 10am is the time (not 9). So the morning we were leaving, I was trying to get a last minute appt with the wedding planner, so i was in the lobby at 9, and lo and behold our van is their to pick us up...(of course we were not ready to leave at 9 ....so they had to wait for us for about 20 mins)...then we get to the airport (myself and my other 180 friends travelling to San Antonio that day) and the Aero Mexico people tell us there is NO FLIGHT at all to S.A. that day....so we are all pissed off and looking for the Lomas guy....who it honestly seemed hid from us for over an hour...it was NOT FUN, and my advice is just be aware of them, and always, always verify their information if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
so i just googled lomas to try to understand what exactly they are. they are bigger than I thought & part owners of EDR.
Is it starting to become clearer why we had to start a "Boycott EDR and Karisma" thread? Try planning your entire wedding through Lomas!