July '08 NEWLYWEDS chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
I have decided to trash tradition and stay with Jay the night before our wedding day. I think waking up with him and having breakfast will really calm my nerves. He can just leave after breakfast, so that we at least have 6 hours apart and there will be some excitement.
martha that is exactly how i feel, and what we are doing as well. we're already "living in sin" so whats the big deal :) i am so excited for the 2 of us to have breakfast that morning, it will remove so much of the stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
I think it is because the lighter is sealed in tight (the fluid) in plastic whereas the match has that flammable seal thingy on the outside that can ignite. Crazy, huh? :)
nope, see above post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
if i am freaking this much today, how bad will i be freaking on the wedding day?!
yay! we ended up doing this last night! but i wasnt nervous, just excited!! doug was really cute about too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
I was like, Wow, that is all it takes to get married, huh? The lady was laughing at me. LOL. I said, It takes longer to change your address at the DMV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha, i was thinking the same thing last night :) it was so easy! there was no line, no one waiting after us, signed some papers, she didnt even ask for our ID! we just handed them to her anyways. bing bang boom, we're approved! wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
(you have to verbally say everything and they fill it out on the computer and then you print & sign your names)
in WA state, all you need is your drivers license, and to sign saying that you are not related, and dont have STD's or that the other person is aware if you do. and then sign. oh she did have us raise our right hand and say YES if we swear all the info is corrcect, but we didnt have to do anything else. so so easy. too easy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
Okay, Abbie....I tried the deoderant trick today. It is mega hot here and I think it worked! Of course I only ran errands for about 2 hours, but I still think it worked pretty well.
I am definitely taking this trick with me to Mexico!
yay! good! i'm so glad it worked for you :)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

martha & abbie, since we're also living in sin already, we're spending the night before the wedding together too. having breakfast and then we will part ways until church time at noon so we can get the actual catholic sacrament, and then we will each get ready and change clothes again before the 6 pm ceremony with our guests!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
ok girls, this is DIRECT from my reference manual, VERBATIM:

-LIGHTERS - NO LIGHTERS OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.

-EXCEPTION: LIGHTERS THAT DO NOT AND HAVE NEVER CONTAINED FUEL ARE ALLOWED IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.
-NO MATCHES OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED IN CHECKED BAGGAGE.

as far as carry-on:
-ONE COMMON LIGHTER (eg: BIC) PER PSGR CAN BE TRANSPORTED ON THEIR PERSON OR IN THEIR CARRY ON.
-SAFETY MATCHES (BOOK, CARD, OR STRIKE ON BOX) CAN ONLY BE TRANSPORTED IF CARRIED IN A POCKET, CARRYON BAG, FANNY PACK, OR PURSE OR ANY OTHER ITEM UNDER THE CUSTOMERS CONTROL. ONE BOOK OF MATCHES PER PASSENGER. STRIKE-ANYWHERE MATCHES STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.

sorry for the bad news, this is per TSA, not airline-by-airline.
Oh crap what am i going to do with my matches now!

abbie, could you please start a thread, being our resident airline expert, so that girls from everywhere flying to all destinations will know about this?

Thanks for that, Abbie.

I bought candles for everyone to put in the OOT bags, guess I won't worry about bringing them down since no one I know smokes, except my little brother (gross), and will not have matches or a lighter. I guess my brother could go to everyone's room daily and light their candle. ha!

On a side note, Abbie, do you know off hand if tobacco (cigarettes) are allowed in checked bag? Actually, I could probably just Google that info. I hate that my brother smokes. smile105.gif

martha i know you can carry on at least 1 pack of cigs.... jose does when he flies and has never had a problem doing it. he smokes ocasionally and that is the first thing that i demand stops the minute we are married! it is the most digusting habit!

Ya, it's gross! At least Jose only does it occasionally, which I am sure is still too often! My ex used to smoke when he drank and it was gross, beer and cigarette breath. So not attractive!

I hope Jose is able to quit fairly easily....I know it's a hard habit to break!

My mom has been bugging my brother to quit for years. He doesn't drink at all and alcoholism runs in our family so I guess smoking isn't as bad as it could be.

he has been trying to quit for about a year - only thing is that i dont believe he's SERIOUSLY TRYING to quit right now. both his mom & his sister smoke, so when we visit, he is under their bad influence. if he gets stressed, the first thing he does is turn to a pack of cigarettes. i told him he had to be 100% smoke-free for a minimum of one year before i'm willing to try to have kids.