Alli - anyone try it?

Yari

I so need to read up on this thread. I'm posting so i can have it in my subscriptions.

I've been very interested in these pills

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi Jessell View Post
the bottle states to wear dark pants, etc!
LOL!!

haha I'm sorry but this is the funniest thing I have ever heard. A drug that makes you shit yourself so out of fear you eat good. Brilliant.

I might start raving about this to the girls at work so I can get some action around the office. I don't want to take it, but I wouldn't mind having some laughs when others shit their pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
LOL!!

haha I'm sorry but this is the funniest thing I have ever heard. A drug that makes you shit yourself so out of fear you eat good. Brilliant.

I might start raving about this to the girls at work so I can get some action around the office. I don't want to take it, but I wouldn't mind having some laughs when others shit their pants.
Brilliant! LOL. Except in my case it would backfire b/c they would have to go home early and I would get stuck with their workload.

Hmmm I wonder what would happen if I took Alli, and did the colonix, and did the Sacred Heart diet all at once. Aside from the fact that my arse would rot out, I would probably weigh as much as Mary-Kate Olsen by August. Things to think about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
sorry for all the multiple posts. but i was reading through that forum link above and one girl states that you have to stick with a certain caloric intake and fat intake or else you get "treatment effects" ie the oily poops. Which is lovely. But I guess for some, this effect is a very good motivator to not eat things that will result in a runny butt.

I'm starting to think this might be the kind of motivation I need. Not even the picture of my wedding dress is enough to keep me from eating crap.

as one poster puts is so nicely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
also -- i spent some time on some of the websites of restaurant chains near where i work looking at the nutrition facts so i know what i can or cant eat. i keep the list at my desk at work so when i run out for lunch i know what i should order. when in doubt, order a salad with dressing on the side, no cheese. if you like stuff like chipotle - you cannot have guac, that will push you over 15 grams alone because of the high fat content of avocados, even if it is "healthy fat" - remember alli does not distinguish between healthy & unhealthy fats
So then how do you make sure you have enough healthy fat in your system? Your body needs healthy fats to function, and if Alli causes you to crap all of the healthy fats out too, then that would be a concern. My eyes don't produce tears anymore because I don't have enough healthy fats in my system. I take Omega3 and Fish Oil everyday to increase my healthy fats. I would be SCREWED if I took something that shed all of that out of my system!!

And holy shit, I love guac. And olive oil. There is no way I could survive on that pill. On a side note, it makes me so, so sad that cheese is so high in fat. sad.gif

Yari - I'm glad you checked it out with your doc! That's smart even though it's over the counter!

How long are you supposed to take this for? Is it just to kickstart people onto a new diet? Or do you take it for a longer period?

Alright ladies. I'm going to let this all hang out. I have taken Alli, am still taking Alli, and I love, love, love it! Have I shit my pants? Never. but, you do have to be careful about oily discharge and spotting - Sorry, I'm cringing as I write this!

I started taking it last summer, so I could drop some weight to get a faster time in a triathlon, and I have taken it off and on ever since. It makes me more conscious of what I am eating, and helps me stay motivated because the results are truly amazing. These are my rules of thumb:

1. Take Vitamins

2. If you are having a high fat meal, don't take the pill. Wait until your next meal.

3. don't eat super late at night with the pill (My little spotting incident happened while sleeping).

4. For the love of god, don't go near peanut butter (my husband had an unpleasant result with this after eating 3 pb sandwiches).

My esperience has been good, and I would highly recommend it. Sam's Club has the best prices...

Now, excuse me while I go sit in a corner and get over my embarrasment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbrown1979 View Post
Alright ladies. I'm going to let this all hang out. I have taken Alli, am still taking Alli, and I love, love, love it! Have I shit my pants? Never. but, you do have to be careful about oily discharge and spotting - Sorry, I'm cringing as I write this!

I started taking it last summer, so I could drop some weight to get a faster time in a triathlon, and I have taken it off and on ever since. It makes me more conscious of what I am eating, and helps me stay motivated because the results are truly amazing. These are my rules of thumb:

1. Take Vitamins
2. If you are having a high fat meal, don't take the pill. Wait until your next meal.
3. don't eat super late at night with the pill (My little spotting incident happened while sleeping).
4. For the love of god, don't go near peanut butter (my husband had an unpleasant result with this after eating 3 pb sandwiches).

My esperience has been good, and I would highly recommend it. Sam's Club has the best prices...

No need to be embarassed at all!! We all share too much information around here anyway and I'm sure all of the girls really appreciate the first hand feedback, I know I do, because you never know if the things you read on other websites are true or not.

I think I am going to try alli, but I'm going to wait until I get back from vacation in a few weeks. For now I'll do the sacred heart diet and then when I get home it will be alli time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbrown1979 View Post

1. Take Vitamins

Please don't be embarrassed! The more info the better.

I went to Costco and it was $66.56 there for 60 pills. What other prices have you seen it at?

do you guys have CVS in cali?

I don't know what the prices are at CVS, but I always get coupons when I use my rewards card, so I'm planning to go and buy some other things I need first and get my coupons and then I figured I can combine them with the alli coupon and hopefully save close to $20. we'll see...