DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had more pictures of the beach ceremony site 2 (the one by the patio). I was planning on choosing site 1, but I just found out that there is a 4pm beach wedding right after my 3pm...so I'm thinking that maybe being on the opposite side of the beach could be a good option. Thank you!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the two beach locations are pretty similar, the one by the seaside grill has less people around and has the rocks nearby which are nice for pictures. If you check out the photos in the link I posted a while back (it would be like the first week of April) there were tons of pictures of the other beach location (the one next to the aqua rentals center)

EDIT: okay I'm stupid, the link is in my review, at the bottom!

anyways here it is again

SunBride's photos of Dreams Tulum Resort

Hi Ladies

Just thought I'd share with you this email I just sent to AM Resorts (the parents company of Dreams, Secrets, and the now virtually defunt Sunscape resort chains)

I am writing to let you know about the difficulties most brides at the Dreams Resorts are having in getting in touch with their wedding coordinator. I was recently married at Dreams Tulum (April 1st) and my own personal experience was that initially the coordinator responded fairly quickly to confirm availability for the ceremony, but in the three months that preceeded my wedding I had to wait weeks to receive responses to my questions, and often the responses were so short and un-detailed that I was left with more questions than answers. In the end, everything worked out wonderfully and the coordinator did a wonderful job (you can see my testimonial on the dreams tulum website!) but it was stressful to have so little contact with the coordinator before leaving. As one specific example, I received an answer to a question I sent before the wedding a month after my wedding!

I am very involved on the Best Destination Wedding forum where there is a 75 page long thread (i.e. hundreds of posts) of discussion about Dreams Tulum. There are dozens of brides getting married at that resort in the next few months, and they are all complaining about lack of email contact with the wedding coordinator. It is most frustrating for brides who are trying to confirm their wedding date, and also for brides who are departing in the next few weeks.

The problem is definitely not only with the Dreams Tulum coordinator, because there is also some discussion about Dreams Punta Cana. In fact if you check out your own forum (Dreams Resorts & Spas - Login) you will see thread after thread written by brides who are begging for help and stressing about the lack of contact with their wedding coordinator (most of these brides are getting married at Dreams Punta Cana).

One other issue that may help is providing more detailed and clearer information in the Wedding Guide. Many of the questions brides are sending to the coordinator by email are as a result of lack of information and detail in the Wedding Guide, specifically about the policies for receptions.

I think that this is a serious issue and that something needs to be done about it. Honestly, I think it’s an embarrassment for a 5 star resort that people have to wait weeks to find out if their wedding date is available and confirmed. If your resorts want to be in the wedding business, you should provide the service that goes with it. While the end product (the wedding) is fabulous, many brides go elsewhere simply because they want to work with a wedding coordinator who will provide them the information they need in a timely fashion.

Thank you for taking the time to hear my concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelannmartin View Post
Thank you....THANK YOU.....THANK YOU!! Thank you so much Sunbride for taking the time to write AM Resorts! Keep us posted on any response you may receive.
Again....THANK YOU!
You're welcome. I doubt it will accomplish much but at least they will be aware (if they aren't already) at the upper level.

I just started a new thread about it, since it concerns many resorts, so maybe if you want to comment it would be better to comment there rather than take over our board

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...000#post419488

Happy for your support.

P.S. I start a new job Monday ladies. I'm hoping to be much more busy than my current job, so I may not have as much time to post, but I'll probably just stop browsing the rest of the forum and only keep up to date on this thread.

Stephanie, I can't believe how wonderful you've been with all of us. Again, thanks for helping out. Many brides on here, get married and vanish never to be heard from again. But you, you are still with us as we plan to share your experience. Thanks again!

btw do you know if the parent company of these resorts is Mexican? And what is their email? I would love to send them one too! I figure, the more who complain, the better!

I've been to the resort and I love the Veranda Bar. There is a lot of seating everywhere and it is very central to everything and right outside the chappel. This would be great for you with where your wedding and reception will be. I love the lobby bar, but it is on the other side of the hotel. This might work best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alin & mako View Post
I've been to the resort and I love the Veranda Bar. There is a lot of seating everywhere and it is very central to everything and right outside the chappel. This would be great for you with where your wedding and reception will be. I love the lobby bar, but it is on the other side of the hotel. This might work best.
Thanks!! I think I am going to stick to the Veranda Bar. You are right about the lobby bar. Very far and also more activity than the veranda bar. At the VB, it would almost be like having a private event w/o having the pay for it!

Now if I can only get Landy to email me and confirm!

Hi Ladies:

I have decided to host my wedding elsewhere. Mainly because of the fact that I am not receiving responses from the WC and that Dreams STILL don't have their prices loaded. I tried working with them for 2 months and am sick of being stressed out!!! Good luck to all of you and have fun at your wedding! I know it will be beautiful no matter what!

Kate