The ferret thread formerly known as "Bringing food into cabo" lol

Saraha

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click the image to open in full size.

So I heard that Charlie was not having very good behaviour in the slammer. He got caught sneaking in a hooker (I believe it was that stripper from Mike's bachelor party BBQ), and he had to be punished! This is ferret solitary confinment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
She's just a nibblet groupie. I'm a little dissapointed to see Mike didn't keep a better eye on him. I said no beer. I can't trust him with anyone else.
Wait... What?!?! When you say anyone, you mean anyone BUT ME, right? I mean, what with the sign you made for my guest bedroom door (you know the room with the drawer full of socks?) I assume you actually trusted me with Nibblet

It's not like I've ever gotten him drunk, introduced him to ferret prostitutes, or used him as a christmas tree topper, like some others who will remain nameless

And I'll only remind you of the "other" incident with Jean-Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
I want your autograph. I have had that special on my DVR for months - I watch it all the time. My co-worker even got me a shirt with the rainbow bridge poem on it.
hehe, Kate...naaaaaaa, you don't want my autograph -- trust me, I'm no one special...but isn't that show AWESOME...well, besides some of the somewhat "stranger" people they always seem to include when they talk about ferrets..ha!...my favorite part of the show is when they show the ferrets playing, running, sliding down tubes, dancing (yes, "dancing"..ha!), and stealing stuff --- their personalities really are just like that portrayed in the show...of course, it was also very cool to be there during filming and to see a lot of my ferret friends in the show and to have one of my breeders featured -- I didn't tell any of my work friends about the show --- they came in and told ME, "hey, I saw you in the PBS show judging ferrets"..hehe...more important to me though, is the exposure of the domestic ferret in a positive light...they're just so truly misunderstood and really given a bad rap -- I never even had pets until we got our first ferret 6 years ago...volunteering w/the AFA, I've traveled to California and Oregon so far for ferret-related educational events, made some wonderful ferret friends, and enjoy sharing my life with 15 of the most wonderful little beings you could ever imagine...yeah, you could say these little guys have touched and changed my life forever...I don't know what I'd do without them.

Morgan, the show ran in the spring of 2007, and it recently reran this spring. I know you can get a copy through PBS -- I have a copy (somewhere) on dvd, but I don't have tivo or dvr to put it on dvd for you or I would. I can always ask my friend if she still has it on her dvr and see if she can get me another copy sometime. If I get one, I'll let you know.

Quote:
YouTube - Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence

We have one of these ferrets pictured in this thread

Now I'm starting to understand why there is a never ending supply of funny ferret pictures on the interwebs
Yes, Morgan -- you have Ting here on this thread...she's a little dark-eyed white girl. Her owner is Jessie -- the one who says in the clip that she loves making costumes...Ting was rescued from a pet store by Jessie -- Jessie used to shelter ferrets. When she got Ting she was very sick and frail, weighing a good bit less than a pound...she's now a very healthy, happy little girl. Trust me, these people don't dress their ferrets up every day -- it's mostly for a costume contests here and there held at some of the shows or when the shelters/rescues have fundraising days they may have a quick costume contest as well...they dress them for a few minutes, get judged, and then thank goodness they undress them...ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenMarie View Post
Yes, Morgan -- you have Ting here on this thread...she's a little dark-eyed white girl. Her owner is Jessie -- the one who says in the clip that she loves making costumes...Ting was rescued from a pet store by Jessie -- Jessie used to shelter ferrets. When she got Ting she was very sick and frail, weighing a good bit less than a pound...she's now a very healthy, happy little girl. Trust me, these people don't dress their ferrets up every day -- it's mostly for a costume contests here and there held at some of the shows or when the shelters/rescues have fundraising days they may have a quick costume contest as well...they dress them for a few minutes, get judged, and then thank goodness they undress them...ha!
If I had a ferret I'd dress it every day. Maybe just like me. we'd be twins.

Quote:
If I had a ferret I'd dress it every day. Maybe just like me. we'd be twins.
Morgan, you need a ferret. Maybe we should start a "help Morgan buy a ferret" fund here on BDW. Just imagine the never-ending supply of ferret photos we'd have then!