Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Oh, I just love that green color. As I was looking through your photos, I noticed the sand dollar I left at the island!!! It was near at the sign in table. It brought back my own memories and I'm glad it's being used again. Everything was beautiful. Who was the guy doing your hair? He did a great job!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinblur View Post
Hello everyone! We're back from our amazing wedding at LC. I haven't posted on the boards too much in the past, but wanted to share some of our non-pro pictures from the day. I plan to post a more detailed review later this week.

Kodakgallery.com*Join now and receive beautiful photographic prints from your camera

Also, I wanted to thank everyone on this board who have been sooooo helpful and amazing. I would never have found LC in the first place without your help!
Gorgeous pics! You were all smiles. I can't believe you have such good NON-pro pics.

I loved your tables. Very pretty. I also loved the calla lillies everywhere. You looked beautiful. Congrats!

Thanks for the nice comments. I was going to wait till the weekend to write a review, but I'll try to finish one up tonight. (Since I got so excited after reading Mel's review, I wanted to write my own!)

The guy who did my hair was recommended to me by Kelley at LC. His name is Fernando and his salon is called Stylo Estetica in Bucerias (in NV). His salon is tiny and he's pretty much a one man shop, but I think he did a great job. I was a little worried after the trial run, because I wasn't thrilled with the result, but he didn't let me down the day of. He did my make-up also, and I also thought it turned out really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Gorgeous pics! You were all smiles. I can't believe you have such good NON-pro pics.

I loved your tables. Very pretty. I also loved the calla lillies everywhere. You looked beautiful. Congrats!
One of DH's friends has a really nice camera and he kind of shadowed Beth the whole time she was taking pictures. I'm sure she was annoyed with him, because he would tell us to "Look over here" while Beth was taking pictures, and she rolled her eyes a bit was like, "uh, ok". We told him to cool it at the end, but we did get some awesome non-pro pics because of it. I'm still dying to see the pro ones though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinblur View Post
One of DH's friends has a really nice camera and he kind of shadowed Beth the whole time she was taking pictures. I'm sure she was annoyed with him, because he would tell us to "Look over here" while Beth was taking pictures, and she rolled her eyes a bit was like, "uh, ok". We told him to cool it at the end, but we did get some awesome non-pro pics because of it. I'm still dying to see the pro ones though.
My dad was the same way. He was running around taking pictures and then handed off the camera when he was busy. Drove me and DH nuts. We told everyone don't worry about taking pictures because that is why we hired photographers. Dad got really mad about this because he couldn't do what he wanted. My sis BF kept taking pics too and I know he is probably in a lot of the pro pics because he wouldn't go away. I'm going to be so mad because I don't even like him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaB View Post
Did you have Elizabeth Fladung as your photog? That's who I had. Nathan was her assistant. I really enjoyed them both. May I ask what you paid for your hair if I'm not being too rude??
Yup, we had Beth and Nate as our photogs. They were really nice and we loved working with them. But I think Nate got a little bored on the boat ride home since we were a pretty tame bunch. I can't wait to get the pics though.

I don't mind you asking about my hair at all. I paid 500 pesos for the trial and 2,200 pesos for the actual wedding day. This is for both hair and make-up. It translates into roughly $50 USD and $220 USD. It was a lot of money, and at first, I wasn't willing to spend that much and was considering doing my own hair and makeup. But in the end, I'm really glad I hired someone because he did a much better job than I could have possibly done, and it was just one less thing for me to worry about on that day. (There's so much going through your mind, that you just don't want to worry about doing your own hair and make-up, especially for someone like me, who wears no make-up ever and just pulls my hair back in a ponytail most days.)