BDW Biggest Loser Season 2 Official CHAT thread...

Goodness Yari - I don't think I could handle all of those temptations in front of me! I'm impressed!

I once poured a glass of water over the chips when I was at a Mexican restaurant just to make sure I wouldn't eat them. And - ha - I still found myself debating how good even a soggy chip would taste. I really have no willpower, so if it's in front of me, I have to destroy it so I won't eat it.

I weighed myself this morning (I know we're not supposed to weigh every day, but I can't help it) and I weigh less than I have in 4 years! woot.gif What's crazy is that I still have tons of fat to grab onto. huh.gif I'm talking handfulls of it. I'm not sure how I let myself get this far out of shape! doh.gif I still have a long way to go before my family and friends can see me in a bikini!

For those of you who are, ahem, *stopped up*....have you tried Danactiv? I have always had a problem in that area and now I drink a Danactiv every morning and I'm like clockwork. It's actually my breakfast and it's only 90 calories. I drink that and then I drink a TON of water between breakfast and lunch. (I don't subscribe to the 'eat breakfast to get your metabolism running' philosophy. I tried and it doesn't work for me. I just end up eating more throughout the day.)

For those of you who are having a rough time - TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!! You can always scratch the old and start anew! cheer2.gif Let's do this!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maura - there's no way I could go to baseball game and not have a hot dog either. Anyone been to a game in San Francisco?? I just can't get out of there without eating the garlic fries. They might be the best thing every created. But the best part about baseball games is the food!

Xandra - Way to go on skipping the Chinese food for the Haddock and rice and veggies! I'm impressed! I'm using you as my inspiration for dinner tonight and I'm going to make something super healthy! Not sure what yet, but it'll be good!

Weigh in is tomorrow! Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opice34 View Post

For those of you who are, ahem, *stopped up*....have you tried Danactiv? I have always had a problem in that area and now I drink a Danactiv every morning and I'm like clockwork. It's actually my breakfast and it's only 90 calories. I drink that and then I drink a TON of water between breakfast and lunch. (I don't subscribe to the 'eat breakfast to get your metabolism running' philosophy. I tried and it doesn't work for me. I just end up eating more throughout the day.)
Danactiv? Is that like a yogurt? I think I have heard of this.

omg i am soooooo sorry that i ate so much shitty food at the game last night. i am dearly paying for it today. i woke up feeling so sick. i couldnt do my colon cleanse routine this morning because i thought i was gonna barf. sad.gif

It hasnt been a super week for me either. The only bonus is I am getting more exercise than usual, but still not good at curbing the eating. If I could just eat LESS then I truly believe weight would fall off of me. I have a problem with second helpings, large first helpings, and just eating too much of not too healthy food.

I dont think the scale will change much for me and I am truthfully hoping that I have not gained, but well that could be the case! I was away all weekend photographing a horse show in the rain, so the concession stand and hot food (hamburger, chicken quesadila, chai tea) was my friend!

Here's to a fabulous new day today and a lifetime of healthiness is on it's way to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
Danactiv? Is that like a yogurt? I think I have heard of this.
Yes, it's a probiotic drink that strengthen's your immune system. It attacks bacteria in your intestines (from what I understand) and eliminates it before it can create a cold or the flu. (But I'm not a doctor.) It's in the yogurt family and tastes yummy! DanActive: Help strengthen your body's defenses <--more info there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
omg i am soooooo sorry that i ate so much shitty food at the game last night. i am dearly paying for it today. i woke up feeling so sick. i couldnt do my colon cleanse routine this morning because i thought i was gonna barf. sad.gif
Awww...I'm sorry. That stinks. I hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Mumford View Post
It hasnt been a super week for me either. The only bonus is I am getting more exercise than usual, but still not good at curbing the eating. If I could just eat LESS then I truly believe weight would fall off of me. I have a problem with second helpings, large first helpings, and just eating too much of not too healthy food.
Robyn - that is exactly my problem. I have so much trouble with portion control. I get really frustrated that it seems to be so easy for some people and I truly have to fight myself to stop eating. (My mom eats like a bird and is never hungry.) The only thing I've found to help with this is to drink a ton of water. Like so much that I feel like I might burst. That way I'm too full to eat any more. I've started getting small portions and then if I'm still hungry, I drink a huge glass of water, wait 10 minutes, and THEN if I'm still hungry, I'll let myself get a bit more. But usually after the water and waiting 10 minutes, I'm not hungry anymore. I've cut out sodas too. I don't know what it is, but I could be full, drink a soda, and then I'm hungry again. I don't know if it's the carbonation or what, but no more sodas for me!

Portion control and french fries. Those are my vices.

Also - I heard somewhere that it takes your stomach 30 minutes to tell your brain that it's full. That's why it's better to eat slower and take breaks. (Again - no idea if this is true - could be an old wive's tale or something.)

I saw a preview for an upcoming What Not to Wear episode where a woman said "I want to be the prettiest woman at my wedding" and I thought "awww....I want to be the prettiest woman at my wedding, too!" This may be tough for me to do as my girlfriends and my mother are some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, but I'd like to give it a shot! I had never thought about it that way! Hopefully my loving glow will help me look radiant no matter what!

Anyway - I'm in pure motivation mode and I'm ready to do this. I think getting my dress helped! I'm ready to get rid of this extra baggage I've been carrying around!

Quote:
Xandra - Way to go on skipping the Chinese food for the Haddock and rice and veggies! I'm impressed! I'm using you as my inspiration for dinner tonight and I'm going to make something super healthy! Not sure what yet, but it'll be good!

Weigh in is tomorrow! Yikes!
Thanks! You made me feel so good to see that! It was SO hard for me to say no to that chinese food - sounded sooooo tasty! But the dinner I made was actually really great! Threw in some lemon & garlic in the breading so it was pretty tasty! (if I do say so myself!) I think we're going to have the same thing for dinner tonight since there are leftovers.

Quote:
I saw a preview for an upcoming What Not to Wear episode where a woman said "I want to be the prettiest woman at my wedding" and I thought "awww....I want to be the prettiest woman at my wedding, too!" This may be tough for me to do as my girlfriends and my mother are some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, but I'd like to give it a shot! I had never thought about it that way! Hopefully my loving glow will help me look radiant no matter what!

Anyway - I'm in pure motivation mode and I'm ready to do this. I think getting my dress helped! I'm ready to get rid of this extra baggage I've been carrying around!
I think everyone wants to be the prettiest woman at their wedding for sure!! I think that the bride has been the most beautiful at any wedding I've been to (regardless of how pretty or skinny other guests may have been) but it's a good motivation to think about wanting to look your best on your special day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
the drinking water and waiting 10 min to see if you hungry is a good trip. i definately need to try that. I really don't drink enough water during the day either, i just don't drink much. i'm going to try to keep drinking water all day.
The water is a great think to do. I used to eat all the time when I was actually thirsty. So if I feel hungry & I don't think I should be yet (like I have eaten recently) then I'll have some water first & then wait a bit. Another thing I learnt on that I Can Make You Thin thing I saw on TLC is that you should try to put your fork down between bites when you're eating ao you can register when you're hungry sooner. VERY hard to do, especially when you're busy!

I pretty much let myself eat when I''m hungry. Even if I've just eaten & had some water & STILL feel hungry, I'll have some fruit or a yogurt cup or something. Don't deprive yourself!

I know a few of us mentioned our before pics, but I haven't seen any yet! I've put mine up in my blog if anyone is interested. I'm going to try to keep posting my progress daily. (amongst other random things in my life!) It helps to see it all written down at the end of the day! Feel free to read along if you'd like! :)

Xandra - Wow - putting down your fork in between bites is a GREAT tip! I've never heard of that! Another one of my issues is eating when I'm at work or in a hurry. I'm usually running in between meetings and end up inhaling my food. It's so, so bad.

Lemon is the best low fat seasoning there is! You just reminded me that I need to go buy some lemons! cheesy.gif

I'm off to my Pilates Jump (Cardio) class that whoops my rear-end...

Wishing everyone a healthy dinner and a great weigh-in tomorrow!