theknot.com forums

JennyK

I never went to the knot boards but I do know that our abbreviations can be confusing around here, but we do have a thread where we put all the abbreviations to help you all out

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t2690

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpaisley View Post
I post on the DW board on the Knot...but that is the only one. The other Knot and Nest boards can be really brutal.

If you are talking about the DW board and you keep seeing people talking about "The Bow"...that is another private message board created by the DW girls. It's private because there have been many problems in the recent past with board vs. board cat fights...I kid you not. (Pun intended)

It seems that most other current and former "knotties" think that DW weddings are simply wrong etiquette wise. They come over and post attacks on the girls on the DW board and the whole thing explodes in to a cat fight. It is so ridiculous and high school like. The girls on the attack then post “come over and see the cat fight” messages on all the other boards. I admit that I think it’s really funny and have feed the Trolls myself by pointing out when they contradict themselves. When the cat fights aren’t going on, the DW girls are really cool and have lots of great ideas.

I’ve thought about posting a link to this board on there…but am hesitant for fear of attack. foshizzle.bmpLol. I have seen a few of the girls on this board as well.
WOW I had no idea.. so it's like a war.. DW vs. regular AHR brides wink.gif J/K That really is so childish. To each his own, right? If everyone in the world did everything the same.. it'd be so boring.

I checked out the knot DW boards the other day & the girls do seam really nice. Before, I had only been on the other parts of the knot boards & it was not a place I'd feel welcome.

Don't worry, if the trolls came over here we'd put them in their place right before Tammy bans them. My guess is they are just jelouse. The majority of my friends who had traditional weddings wish they would have done a DW. If anyone knows of them attacking the knot DW girls again they should put an alert here so we can go prove them wrong :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I checked out the knot DW boards the other day & the girls do seam really nice. Before, I had only been on the other parts of the knot boards & it was not a place I'd feel welcome.

Don't worry, if the trolls came over here we'd put them in their place right before Tammy bans them. My guess is they are just jelouse. The majority of my friends who had traditional weddings wish they would have done a DW. If anyone knows of them attacking the knot DW girls again they should put an alert here so we can go prove them wrong :)
I'll try going over there and giving it another shot.. although I'm way too dedicated to this place lol

I never figured out the knot boards. I was on another forum for about a month before I found BDW. I wasn't a very nice place. People were way too catty for me. They did kinda talk down to DW brides and they had a very limited DW section. Most of those brides referred people to the knot.

I tried joining the DW one on theknot, but had all kinds of problems with my login stuff and they never approved me to post, so I quit. They do have some good information through wedding reviews and individual girls' planning bios. I browse those, but don't participate the way I do here. I guess you can call me a "theknot.com lurker"

i actually referred a few girls from that site and brides.com to here. i didn't find any good info on there. And alot of the time when i would ask a question about locations, the responses would be from travel agents not other brides. and the agents would want to speak to me on the phone and try to get my business. when i only wanted a brides' opionion of their location. it was kinda annoying after awhile.

This is the only forum I've ever joined and I was very hesitant, I only did so at the urging of my WC swearing that there was another Caletas bride here...lol

Forums can be brutal though, once I googled tattoos and came across a tattoo forum and dear Lord those people were mean! It was like a big put-eachother-down competition and you could tell who the "click" was that ran it because all of their posts sounded the same. It was funny to read, I must admit, but why join a forum to fight 24/7?