DREAMS TULUM brides please post here!

Yeah, my dad would NOT be OK with that much for a photographer either!! Luckily, his contribution was a gift, and he didn't pay attention to how we spent it! We basically payed for the photographer ourselves though.

Another thing I forgot to tell everyone was that Sandra let me exchange the included photo package for more video time - we ended up getting 4 or 5 hours of video (which they edited into 1 1/2 hours) so basically have the whole wedding!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquetayloca View Post
I really do not like their "gazebo." It is not a gazebo!!! I know it can be decorated nicely, but for the record, I consider is maybe a bamboo arch.
haha, yes you are definitely right. I know initially when I chose the resort I was confused because on the website it said gazebo was only included in the larger packages, not the free package (I think that info was for Dreams Cancun, but they had the same wedding package info for Dreams Tulum!)

It's definitely not a gazebo like the bigger structures at other resorts, i.e. Dreams Cancun, Bahia Principe Tulum,

I think some people have refered to the DT Gazebo as a Chuppah, which when I wikipediaed the word makes sense (although a Chuppah is a jewish thing, and we're obviously not all jewish).

Your pics really turned out great - you both look very happy and that's most important really istn't it cheer2.gif

Here are the couple of questions that I have:

I tried to make reservations for the Seaside restaurant for the reception in October and was told that I can't do that b/c of ongoing complaints from other guests...did you have that reserved before hand or did you just take care of it when you got there?

Did you make the Spa reservations when you got there - or did you have those in advance as well?

Did you bring "Welcome" bags with you - if so - how was the process of delivering them?

Thanks a million and congrats once again to you and your new husband!!!

I tried to make reservations for the Seaside restaurant for the reception in October and was told that I can't do that b/c of ongoing complaints from other guests...did you have that reserved before hand or did you just take care of it when you got there?

Did you make the Spa reservations when you got there - or did you have those in advance as well?

When I was there a month ago I asked about the new policy of no private receptions in the restaurants b/c of guest complaints, and Landy told me that you could no longer do reception in any of the closed restaurants (bordeau, portofino, gohan/himitsu) but you could still do them at seaside grill or el patio, so it's weird that now she's telling you you can't do seaside grill.

You can make your spa reservations in advance, I did by emailing the manager Carlos Osorio [spa@dreamstulum.com.mx]. But at my meeting with Landy she asked if I wanted her to schedule me appointments, so you could do it that way too! I just prefered doing it myself way in advance to be sure I got the time I wanted (and I requested 3 stylists, one for each of us, I didn't want us being done one after another and it taking forever)

Piggy and MMonto, are you guys reserved at DT or are you asking questions because you are considering the resort? If you are booked, you should tell us your date on this thread

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t14762

so that I can add you to our list! It's fun to keep track of who is coming up next, and then we have all the links to reviews and pictures in one place.

Sunbride - that's funny, our dresses are similar! I guess we have similar tastes and that's why I loved your "gazebo"!!

I booked my spa appts about a month in advance just for piece of mind but we could have done it there. They automatically had us all scheduled at the same time with different stylists so it didn't take forever..

I wonder if Sandra and Landy are clear about the new rules since we are all hearing different things - they might be still ironing them out, and it's possible that they just didn't apply them to us since we reserved well before the new rules came out..

Also, you are right, with 42 guests, plus us, 2 photographers and the videographer we did pretty much take up the whole place!!

The shoes were fine to walk in - it was much harder to walk when I took them off because I kept stepping on my dress which was hemmed at the shoe length!

I love the barefoot idea but I am 5'3" and Jeff is 6'2" so I wanted heals!

We brought OOT bags but didn't trust the resort to handle them so gave them out ourselves.. (and my parents brought most of them down since we already had too much luggage).

SunBride,

I think I asked this question before but don't know that I have seen a reply to it yet... thewave.gif

I loved the way you had the starfish on the back of the chairs...did you have to bring those with you or where they available at the resort?

You really did start a nice trend with the Tulle...I am just afraid that with all the crap that I am already bringing for the welcome bags - Tulle will be a bit much --- but it does look quite nice and truly carries out the color of the wedding. Maybe I can volunteer a guest to bring it for mehuh.gif smile67.gif