Input Please...Our choreographer

Christi

I think most songs are like 2 minutes and change. The thing is most songs are longer but in traditional weddings they usually ask the guests to join in at some point so that they are not bored. If you are not asking the guests to join in and they have to watch you dance for over three minutes it can get a little boring. Remember its your day but you also want your guests to have fun. Think of how excited they will be at your wedding, they will want to get that party started ASAP so the longer you make them wait, the more likely they are to be a little on the bored side.

BTW I love, love, love that song! Its the best song and a great song to choreograph to. Nice choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
I think 3:18 is too long. I'm not a choreographer but I used to choreograph dances for dance schools and shows. It is a lot, trust me. If you guys are excellent dancers and think you can remember three minutes worth of music, then hey go for it. But just keep in mind that its longer than you think once your actually dancing to it. Another thing your choreographer maybe thinking about is your guests. Sometimes it can seem really long for a guest to watch the couple dance for over three minutes.
I have to agree. I too teach dance and 3 min or choreography is a loooonnnngggg time. Now, it also depends on the song. If it's something like November Rain or Stairway to Heaven, wicked songs but way too long. If it's something fun and spunky, and you're having fun with the dance, then 3 min could be fine.

In the end, you're choice. Now, could you repeat some of the choreo to fill up the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Pink Petticoat View Post
I have to agree. I too teach dance and 3 min or choreography is a loooonnnngggg time. Now, it also depends on the song. If it's something like November Rain or Stairway to Heaven, wicked songs but way too long. If it's something fun and spunky, and you're having fun with the dance, then 3 min could be fine.

In the end, you're choice. Now, could you repeat some of the choreo to fill up the time?
yeah, repeating some of it isn't a problem...she just felt the guest would get bored with a 3 minute dance...

I don't know how long our song was, but I wanted to add a few things as well.

We didn't do a choreographed dance, but during our FD, it was a very nice moment for hubby and I to kinda relax. After the ceremony things are so fast- pictures here, pictures there, everyone hugging you. Then on to dinner- of course you eat. This was the first romantic moment we had during our wedding. While people could have been bored (I didn't care- drink more wine. LOL) I really enjoyed every second of our dance. We just had a moment to enjoy one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
I think most songs are like 2 minutes and change. The thing is most songs are longer but in traditional weddings they usually ask the guests to join in at some point so that they are not bored. If you are not asking the guests to join in and they have to watch you dance for over three minutes it can get a little boring. Remember its your day but you also want your guests to have fun. Think of how excited they will be at your wedding, they will want to get that party started ASAP so the longer you make them wait, the more likely they are to be a little on the bored side.

BTW I love, love, love that song! Its the best song and a great song to choreograph to. Nice choice.
Thanks...I like the idea of having the guests join in because I would like to have the entire song played since the ending is one of my favorite parts...

hmmm...and if people join us, we wouldn't have to learn a whole a bunch of new moves...we can just repeat what we already have...which will make the FI happy...I think I'm sold...thanks for the help...you rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I don't know how long our song was, but I wanted to add a few things as well.

We didn't do a choreographed dance, but during our FD, it was a very nice moment for hubby and I to kinda relax. After the ceremony things are so fast- pictures here, pictures there, everyone hugging you. Then on to dinner- of course you eat. This was the first romantic moment we had during our wedding. While people could have been bored (I didn't care- drink more wine. LOL) I really enjoyed every second of our dance. We just had a moment to enjoy one another.
Aww that is sweet and my view exactly screw them if they get bored there will be an open bar what more do you want lol. PS did I miss your pro pics thread while I was moving? Or are we still waiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
Aww that is sweet and my view exactly screw them if they get bored there will be an open bar what more do you want lol. PS did I miss your pro pics thread while I was moving? Or are we still waiting?
WAITING! I emailed the photog again today. SHe didn't answer my original email from a month ago. Geez I'm getting killed here!