AUGUST '08 brides!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
maura, your shower is june 7th right? and you're mailing your shower invites this monday? i wasn't going to send mine until may.. (my shower is on the same day) aahhh tell me what to do! haha
yep june 7th.

i may have to wait to mail them until april 25 because ive had no time to sit down and lick the envelopes shut since ive been working late on weeknights and weekends.

mine are going out with 7 weeks to spare -- 1 week of travel time to get to each guest (several are out of state and planning to fly in bc they cant make it to mexico), and then the standard 6 weeks to rsvp (my stepmom put the rsvp date as may 30th). then she has one week to buy everything she needs once she knows who all is coming.

you should send yours out no later than may 1 or 2 though. if it takes several days to a week to get there, then your guests are only going to have basically 3 weeks notice. i dunno about you but most of my friends are busy people who might have plans only 3 weeks in advance. not all of them know the date of my shower yet, so its not like they have it penciled in on their calendar.

Maura, wow, your make-up trial turned out great!!! You are very very photogenic(In your pjs and all, lol). You're gorgeous. I love your dress from jcrew as well, along with the veil. Cant wait to see it all together!

I actually went for a makeup trial today, but when we went to pull out my friends camera, the batteries were dead :~( lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
Maura, wow, your make-up trial turned out great!!! You are very very photogenic(In your pjs and all, lol). You're gorgeous. I love your dress from jcrew as well, along with the veil. Cant wait to see it all together!
I actually went for a makeup trial today, but when we went to pull out my friends camera, the batteries were dead :~( lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Maura!!!! Your make up turned out so nicely!!!! And you look very happy in it!
Can't wait to see you - just one week!!!

thanks guys! i loved the makeup. i spent a lot though, and didnt even buy everything they used. yikes. i will have to go back. i spent about $165, and still have more to get... and now sandra recommended some bliss products that ive been dying to try. damn damn damn. goodbye paycheck! haha

i have yet to get into my dress and veil at the same time... jose wont leave the house long enough and i was out with abbie last night so i didnt get a chance to try them on together. soon though, i promise.

today while jose was napping, i created a logo for our civil ceremony and did the invitation too!
here's what they look like:
this is the image that is on the invitation
Click the image to open in full size.
heres the invitation, they were made with tea length (3.75 x 9.25) 300 gsm Somerset 100% cotton letterpress paper from White Aisle that I ordered from their sale a few weeks ago.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

and..... sarah gave me this awesome idea....
i did a test run of her DIY candles with logos... here is how they turned out! i will probably do this on a pillar size candle rather than a votive, but i just wanted to practice on votives. it was overall really easy to do! i have been burning the candle for a little over an hour now so that i can get it to burn down far enough so you can see it at the stage it looks like a luminaria - will post that photo as soon as the candle burns down enough.
here's the logo that i printed and heat embossed on with tissue paper:

hahaha rebecca. im going to try with a pillar candle hopefully by next weekend, have to make it over to target to pick up a couple. but if anybody plans on doing the pillar size ones as centerpieces, i would recommend burning them for like 8 hours before the wedding day, because i burned the votive for 4 hours yesterday, and at the end of the 4 hours it only burned enough so half of the logo was lit up.

for 6 votives i think i paid $3.29? the pillar size candles are about $4.25, the tissue paper is about $2.50 for (i think it was about) 75-100 sheets. and then all you need is regular computer paper for taping the tissue paper. i recommend using masking tape because its easier to reposition if you make a mistake. then just run it through your inkjet printer. the ink embeds in the tissue paper, and then cut the paper as close as possible to the logo before using the heat embossing gun to heat it on. it really only took a few mins from start to finish!

ugh, i just finished hand addressing most of my invitations, what a PITA! at least they look nice. i have about 15-20 more to go though sad.gif i just cant find the sheet with those addresses on it.