What do you want to know from us Married Gals?

That is such a stunning dress! Is your dress in that color as well? Absolutely gorgeous. Are you sure you can't dance in it? I would think that you could just by looking at it but you tried it on so obviously you would know better than me. I love it I think it is so pretty. But I would def ask to see if they can make it strapless. Maybe it will allow you more room to lift your arms and dance.

-Glenda

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
That is such a stunning dress! Is your dress in that color as well? Absolutely gorgeous. Are you sure you can't dance in it? I would think that you could just by looking at it but you tried it on so obviously you would know better than me. I love it I think it is so pretty. But I would def ask to see if they can make it strapless. Maybe it will allow you more room to lift your arms and dance.

-Glenda
Yea Glenda...it is that color (mocha beige is the name of it) and I am unable to lift my arms more than half way w/o the strips digging in to my arm and feeling like they are going to pop! As long as my hands are down, i will be albe to dance...just not the swinging stuff Eric and I like to do. Maybe I am just overracting...but I just didn't feel that pretty in it! But maybe Rebecca is right...when I have my make-up and hair done, and I get tan...I will like myself better :) Thanks again for listening to me whine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico15 View Post
and I am unable to lift my arms more than half way w/o the strips digging in to my arm and feeling like they are going to pop! As long as my hands are down, i will be albe to dance...just not the swinging stuff Eric and I like to do.
I do think the dress is gorgeous! I had a similar style dress on top, only the straps were slightly more "on" my shoulders. While dancing, I could raise my arms just fine. Maybe ask your seamstress if she can move them slightly, so they don't rest so much on your arms. Or, if they are a bit big and you have enough room, what about attaching some hidden elastic underneath, so that the straps have some "give" and don't feel like they will break when you raise your arms?

I know you said you were thinking of a halter style top, but I think that dress looks very classic! But go ahead and go shopping and see if you find something else, either to wear at just the reception, or both reception and ceremony. Don't stress, it'll be ok! smile03.gif

That dress is really pretty.... If the straps are tight on you, I guess I can see why it would be hard to dance. I think a second cheaper one for the reception might be a good idea.

*****Question*********

How long did it take your stylist to do your hair and Makeup?

I think it is SOOO gorgeous. What a bummer that it is uncomfortable. I agree with the girls, if the sleeves are the only thing you don;t like about it, talk to the seamstress. They have probably dealt with it all and will know exacltly what to do. If it is just everything about the dress, then you will have NO problem selling it. It is GORGEOUS!!!!

Tammy - My stylist took about 2 hours to do my hair and make-up...not rushed. She arrived in my room around 1:15. I had ordered room service at ate while she was blow drying my hair. We weren't rushed so we were able to mess with my hair a little to get it just right without the stress of running late. I recommend gicing your self plenty of time. That way, if she finishes early, the photographer can get pic of you in your room and you can enjoy some champagne with your BM's without feeling stressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
How long did it take your stylist to do your hair and Makeup?
I had a separate makeup artist, and a hairstylist. (I had Nya do my hair and my friends' hair if they wanted it, and the makeup artist had 3 of us to do. If you have more than 2 or 3 people needing hair and makeup, I definitely recommend getting a second person!) I think it took about an hour for my makeup, and at least 1 1/2 hours for my hair - I have LOTS of hair, and she put it up in rollers before she even started styling it. Like Rebecca said, allow yourself more time than you think you will need for hair and makeup - it's not worth it to be stressed out and running around at the last minute.

Also, although people probably know this - if you are doing an updo, don't wash your hair the morning of the wedding. It's much easier to style "dirty" hair (not literally dirty, but you know!) than it is to style freshly washed hair. The style also tends to stay better. Oh, and if you can, definitely do a trial. I knew exactly what I wanted, and I had photos, but it was still good that we did a trial, b/c I had her change a couple of things for the actual wedding hairstyle. Even if you have to go to your local hairstylist, do that - and just take lots of photos for whoever does your hair at your DW.

I'm having a trial done the day before. Hmm check in is at 3, now I have to figure out an alternate plan on getting ready... Maybe it's better if I have the Sheraton do my hair versus using who Maye uses, that way I can head over there right away and go to the room afterwards..huh.gif??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
I had a separate makeup artist, and a hairstylist. (I had Nya do my hair and my friends' hair if they wanted it, and the makeup artist had 3 of us to do. If you have more than 2 or 3 people needing hair and makeup, I definitely recommend getting a second person!) I think it took about an hour for my makeup, and at least 1 1/2 hours for my hair - I have LOTS of hair, and she put it up in rollers before she even started styling it. Like Rebecca said, allow yourself more time than you think you will need for hair and makeup - it's not worth it to be stressed out and running around at the last minute.

Also, although people probably know this - if you are doing an updo, don't wash your hair the morning of the wedding. It's much easier to style "dirty" hair (not literally dirty, but you know!) than it is to style freshly washed hair. The style also tends to stay better. Oh, and if you can, definitely do a trial. I knew exactly what I wanted, and I had photos, but it was still good that we did a trial, b/c I had her change a couple of things for the actual wedding hairstyle. Even if you have to go to your local hairstylist, do that - and just take lots of photos for whoever does your hair at your DW.
I think the dirty hair tip is probably good for people that don't have super fine hair like me. I had to wash it the morning of, otherwise, with the humidity, it would have looked super greasy. Maybe it has something to do with my hair being blonde too (it looks dirtier/darker when it's not washed). But she put SOOOO much product in it so she could work with it!