Quote:
Originally Posted by DLyteful View Post
i went to the occanseydesigns.com site and I dont even know where to start.... I guess it doesnt help that I really dont know what i want. The site has TONS of options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren c. View Post
i did the same thing - it's certainly overwhelming...i think i picked out the style that i'd like, but i dont even remember what my dress looks like so i can't pick a design yet...i may send her a picture of the details when i get my dress and tell her to have fun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leticia View Post
i went to the website too! they had sooo much! i don't know what would be best.

my mum offered to make one, which is really sweet,BUT i'm worried if i don't like it i would dtill be obligated to wear it. does that sound mean?

They do offer a lot - for sure. I had seen one veil in a store that I really liked with my dress - but it was like $550. I just described it to O'Bridal (the website) what I wanted, and they gave me a quote - then made it for me!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I'm bringing this thread back alive, I hope thats OK!

I looked on the website OccanseyDesigns Custom Wedding Veils - OBridal.com and it looked great. I see that some people on the forum used it. Can you provide feedback? What one did you pick out? and I don't see prices-- what is their price range...So far in the stores I haven't seen one for less that 300. I am only going to be wearing the veil during the ceremony so I really don't want to spend much on it. But i also don't want to cheap out on it...

How did you feel about the veil from this site, was it good quality?

thanks for anyone who has veil experience!

If anyone else has good recommendations let me know...I think this place looks promising.

To find my veil I first tried one on at the bridal boutique so I knew what I was looking for-color, trim, embellishment, etc. The one I wanted at the store was $175 and I ended up getting mine for $60 at a bridal store.

I would also check out e-bay or if you have a friend that was married recently, her veil could be your something borrowed!

I really like my veil so I'm trying to decide if I'll sell it after the wedding or wear it around the house! LOL!

OK, I tried to add to the "Veils online" thread instead of starting a new one, but it wasn't working out with the question I had...so i'm hijacking it.

here is what I posted:

I'm bringing this thread back alive, I hope thats OK!

I looked on the website OccanseyDesigns Custom Wedding Veils - OBridal.com and it looked great. I see that some people on the forum used it. Can you provide feedback? What one did you pick out? and I don't see prices-- what is their price range...So far in the stores I haven't seen one for less that 300. I am only going to be wearing the veil during the ceremony so I really don't want to spend much on it. But i also don't want to cheap out on it...

How did you feel about the veil from this site, was it good quality?

thanks for anyone who has veil experience!

If anyone else has good recommendations let me know...I think this place looks promising.

i think ann paid like $65 for her gorgeous veil from occansey designs. i just ordered the sample fabric swatches earlier this week and plan on having one made to look just like ann's but about 16 inches shorter because im shorter than ann and dont want my veil to go past my butt

i originally was a veil-hater until i saw ann's. i have a couple bad scars from a surgery on my back in 2005, and im currently undergoing cortisone treatments to flatten the scars and laser therapy to lighten the color. i was afraid that it wont look good by the time of my wedding, so i decided i better get sold on the idea of a veil just in case.

here in the testimonials is our very own ann with photos of her veil too, and the specs

Testimonials from Real Brides - Page 3 OBridal.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
i think ann paid like $65 for her gorgeous veil from occansey designs. i just ordered the sample fabric swatches earlier this week and plan on having one made to look just like ann's but about 16 inches shorter because im shorter than ann and dont want my veil to go past my butt

i originally was a veil-hater until i saw ann's. i have a couple bad scars from a surgery on my back in 2005, and im currently undergoing cortisone treatments to flatten the scars and laser therapy to lighten the color. i was afraid that it wont look good by the time of my wedding, so i decided i better get sold on the idea of a veil just in case.

here in the testimonials is our very own ann with photos of her veil too, and the specs
Testimonials from Real Brides - Page 3 OBridal.com
Thanks Maura, I think i'm going to order a sample too. That is a great price and Ann's veil looks great.
what color are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Sunnydaes, I merged your thread with the orginal one.
Sorry tammy! angel2.gifI tried to run with it but i didn't get very far!!
shameonyou.gif