El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelsel View Post
We were told the wooden walkway was not available anymore, and that to have a colored runner (other than the red) was $40. Also, the fabric on the gazebo is $100 for 2 colors. We are also doing the dessert buffet at $20 per person.
The colored runner was originally priced to me at $40... Valeria confirmed last week about the wooden walkway- so you might want to re-question her about that-- the total for the portable wooden walkway and the colored runner is $100...
We are paying $340 for Deluxe Gazebo-- that includes 4 large corsages, 2 colors of fabric and petals from 48 roses...
What is the "dessert buffet" ? We are doing the chocolate fondue fountain at our reception (after dinner)---choc fountain w/ fresh fruits and breads for $14/person and then open bar for 2 hours is anther $8/person -for a total of $22/person--- am I getting jipped?!?!

Thanks again for all the info!

I know the Sand ceremony reading is in the default ceremony, but do they supply the colored sand and jar or do you have to bring your own?

Valeria said I could add the sand vases and colored sand for the unity ceremony to my spreadsheet- which I'm sure means there would be a charge. I had already bought my online, so I told her I was bringing mine from home- but they do have those at the resort -I don't know how they cost, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melba View Post
Shannon, did you say where you bought your supplies for the sand ceremony from?

And what is everyone doing about the bag candles or floating candles or tiki torches?
Here is website I bought my sand unity ceremony set from--- they turned out really cute - I'll pull them out tonight and take a picture and post...They packed it really well, so I'm not worried about them breaking during the trip.....
Sand Ceremony Sets, Sand Ceremony Examples, Sand Ceremony

for our reception at tucanes, we are doing 10 tiki torches and 15 floating candles (I'm bringing my own votives)... we are having a private dinner on the beach the following night, with our guests, we are having 10 tiki torches, and 30 beach candles and my votives from home....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon View Post
The colored runner was originally priced to me at $40... Valeria confirmed last week about the wooden walkway- so you might want to re-question her about that-- the total for the portable wooden walkway and the colored runner is $100...
We are paying $340 for Deluxe Gazebo-- that includes 4 large corsages, 2 colors of fabric and petals from 48 roses...
What is the "dessert buffet" ? We are doing the chocolate fondue fountain at our reception (after dinner)---choc fountain w/ fresh fruits and breads for $14/person and then open bar for 2 hours is anther $8/person -for a total of $22/person--- am I getting jipped?!?!

Thanks again for all the info!
Here is what the dessert buffet includes:
BUFFET FOR MINIMUM OF 20 PEOPLE - $ 20 per person
LEMON TART
SEVEN FRUIT TART
OPERA CAKE
CHOCOLATE CAKE
APPLE PIE
PASSION FRUIT CAKE
RASPBERRY CHEESE CAKE
FRUIT CAKE
CHOCOLATE CAKE
MACAROON (3 TYPES)
This price included 2 hours of open bar, set up of High top tables, covered in white linens, and waiter service.
I can send a picture if you email or PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon View Post
Here is website I bought my sand unity ceremony set from--- they turned out really cute - I'll pull them out tonight and take a picture and post...They packed it really well, so I'm not worried about them breaking during the trip.....
Sand Ceremony Sets, Sand Ceremony Examples, Sand Ceremony

for our reception at tucanes, we are doing 10 tiki torches and 15 floating candles (I'm bringing my own votives)... we are having a private dinner on the beach the following night, with our guests, we are having 10 tiki torches, and 30 beach candles and my votives from home....
Valeria said that if we bring anything from home other than place cards or small votives that there will be a $5 charge PER PERSON to put everything out.

I was reading some trip advisor reviews (obsessed) and the burger/pizza place just burnt down at EDR. There is now no place to get a quick lunch at the resort. This isn't a big deal to me because I'm not going to Mexico to have burgers, but it's going to be tough on some of my pickier guests who were counting on this place to be their primary food source!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaroy724 View Post
I was reading some trip advisor reviews (obsessed) and the burger/pizza place just burnt down at EDR. There is now no place to get a quick lunch at the resort. This isn't a big deal to me because I'm not going to Mexico to have burgers, but it's going to be tough on some of my pickier guests who were counting on this place to be their primary food source!
Ooh, I love Trip Advisor also and had read that La Cabana Pizza burnt down, too. I've also read that you can get sandwiches, salads, great guacamole at the Health Bar, which is open 8 am to 4 pm, and that there is a good Mexican place called Rincon Mexicano behind Las Fuentes restaurant. It is open noon to 5 pm.

What? I can't believe it burnt down. That was right in the center of everything. I have been staying away from TA after reading some ridiculous post about a women falling and getting poor treatment (I witnessed the whole thing and it was a total lie). I guess I need to go back.