Laptops, Cellphones, & Calling Cards while traveling....

twinkletoes

I was just wondering if anyone has or is planning to take a laptop or cell phone with them while traveling. Or how about at least a prepaid calling card? Any advice would be appreciated, as I have never been out of the country with my laptop or cell phone.

I've heard that the wireless at the resort may be a little slow. I'm wondering if its even worth it to lag the laptop around. I know I need to check with my provider as far as costs for making calls on my cell. I was just wondering what everyone here would advise doing.

Thanks! pinkie.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always bring my both, but in this case:

(1) I'm bringing my cell phone so I can call family/friends before their arrival in case there are any problems and so I can call the dog sitter.

(2) I'm leaving my laptop at home, but plan to log on to the resort computers to check in with BDW!

I usually avoid the laptop when on vacation - only take it for work travels. But, I always take the cell. Use it as an alarm. That is where everyone's phone # is stored. I don't answer it usually - usually don't carry it, but check messages daily for any emergencies.

both of us have blackberry phones, which we are taking. we are also bringing one of our laptops that has every communication between us and the westin saved to it, as well as printouts of the final details agreed upon and put in a file folder in case we need them.

also, my photographer will be delivering the photos to us on CD while we're still there on our honeymoon, so we want to be able to see the photos right away!

im not planning on using the computer to connect to the internet (unless necessary) or be on BDW while there, but i may check in for just a quick sec to post a few teaser photos to tide you photo whores over cheesy.gif

also, you should ask your cell provider to turn on your international calling feature, it often doesnt cost anything extra and prevents you from getting roaming charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
I like to upload pics to my laptop right away. It's instant gratification.
yeah, also i am this way and i am a freak about the possibility of losing any photos from the wedding/honeymoon, so we plan to upload all our pics at the end of each day to our picasa account in addition to the computer, so that if the computer or cameras were to get stolen (god forbid) then we have all the photos elsewhere and its no big deal.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics