Destination Confusion…

BRIDEZILLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
Amber,

In terms of uncrowded beach - you are best to look at location in the corridor & San Jose del Cabo, like Marbella & Cabo Surf. I'm getting married at Cabo Surf & I believe the site fee is only $10 per person if you do not have a minimum # of rooms booked. Really not bad.
Only $10 a person at Cabo Surf? That sounds like a great deal! Some WC quoted me a $1000 location fee for 50 people or less. Do you have a WC or did you contact the hotel directly for that price?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted the hotel directly early on to make the arrangements. So, just to be clear, the SITE FEE ONLY is $10pp. In addition you are looking at the following costs at Cabo Surf:

$7 per guest chair rental (used for both ceremony & reception)

$6 per guest for the cake

$16 (approx) per guest for hors d'euvres

$46-66 per guest for dinner (depending on your menu selection)

$40-50 per guest open bar (depending on your time/liquor selection)

All in all I am spending approx $130 per person for our event. If you are interested in the catering price list & contract I have, let me know & I will email it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
I contacted the hotel directly early on to make the arrangements. So, just to be clear, the SITE FEE ONLY is $10pp. In addition you are looking at the following costs at Cabo Surf:

$7 per guest chair rental (used for both ceremony & reception)
$6 per guest for the cake
$16 (approx) per guest for hors d'euvres
$46-66 per guest for dinner (depending on your menu selection)
$40-50 per guest open bar (depending on your time/liquor selection)

All in all I am spending approx $130 per person for our event. If you are interested in the catering price list & contract I have, let me know & I will email it to you.
Yes, I was told $1,000 in addition to everything else! Wow! Stay away from the WIP WCs everyone is right about them charging too much! I would really appreciate it if you could email me what you have!

I see that Maye is your coordinator. I've contacted her and am still waiting to hear back about pricing for certian locations.

THANKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIDEZILLA View Post
To Anny, Ann & Glenda,

Thanks sooo very much for the suggestions. Unfortunately we are stuck on Cabo (even though it is very pricy compared to other areas). Weâ€ve been a few times and it has a special place in our hearts and has been a huge part of our relationship.

Good luck with your planning. Let me know if I can help in any way!!!
Amber I wasn't suggesting Cancun.. I only suggest you may want to check out Fiesta Americana in Los Cabos.. maybe it's a bit more expensive but not too much..

Hi Amber - I hope that Janet replys to you - she got married at Cabo Surf and loved it. It is exactly the place you describe as what you are looking for... Totaly low key, quiet beach - great for guests - Palapa restaurant - a great atmoshpere!

Good Luck - :0)

Marci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIDEZILLA View Post
Yes, I was told $1,000 in addition to everything else! Wow! Stay away from the WIP WCs everyone is right about them charging too much! I would really appreciate it if you could email me what you have!

I see that Maye is your coordinator. I've contacted her and am still waiting to hear back about pricing for certian locations.

THANKS!!!
I can vouch for the awesomeness of the Cabo Surf Hotel!

In the end we paid the following to the hotel for 55 people:
$7/chair
$14/apps
$40/mexican buffet (food was AWESOME)
$42/four hours open bar (they give a free welcome drink and a free champagne toast to help stretch a 4 hour open bar to a 6 hour party!)
$5/cake
plus 14 bottles of wine but I forget the prices...like $30 each?
Add 25% to everything for tax and service (standard)

These were 2006 prices, so I don't know how much they have gone up for 2007, but Christa's numbers look about right.

As for your other concerns re: privacy

The beach is semi private because it is small and only encompasses the hotel. There are no other properties that use that beach (except some giant mansions...drool, I want to live in one!) However, it's a popular surf beach, so we found that we had a scattering of surfers, doggies, and other people throughout the day. The crowd was thin by the ceremony, but still a few diehard surfers. However, I totally did not notice them AT ALL and it never bothered me. Everyone who hangs out there is very chill. Lots of locals and regular tourists. No vendors or annoying people.

If you want to do business with them I would contact the hotel directly: Cabo Surf Hotel, beach resort, boutique hotel in Los Cabos with surfing, Baja diving and Cabo golf. - Armando will probably be the guy in charge. Although he can take a few days to reply, he is very nice and easygoing and should be able to answer your questions.

Also, my photos are here: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t1650

you may also want to consider Marbella en la Playa. When we scouted it there wasn't anyone else on the beach (a very pretty beach but non-swimmable like most). The prices are VERY affordable - I've attached the menu they sent me in August.

But there are soome considerations - the rooms while very clean and seemingly comfortable are spacious but far from luxurious (though perfectly nice). I believe you can actually rent the entire hotel for a pretty reasonable fee if you wanted to. I mean it's not a resort or anything but it is a charming older hotel that will give you the privacy, the beach and the price you're looking for.

They were doing some construction when someone else was there (tasha or Christa maybe?) so you should ask them about their plans for construction in the future.

Also the place has TONS of stairs - this would not be a good place for anyone who is handi-capped or even a lot of small children - there aren't any elevators or ramps. Rooms start at about $89/night but some of them have more than one bedroom. A lot of my friends are staying here because it's close to the Hilton and it's affordable. You can see my pics of the place in my photo gallery... http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...p?do=view&g=35 Send me a PM if you'd like me to email you more pics!

There's a really lovely poolside area for the reception which is pretty cool.

On another note, the Sheraton's prices for food, drinks, cake etc. are rather high - it's an amazing property but they were the highest of all the places we went to see. You MAY be able to get away with a weddin gunder $10K but honestly I'm not so sure. I can see prices spiraling out of control pretty fast.

As for WIP all I can say is don't work with them! Ask TammyM - she hired and fired them. I started workign with them in the beginning but they were so expensive that I looked elsewhere... then I foudn this forum. Another thing you may want to consider (to save $$) is many hotels/resort have wedding coordinators. If you decide to go with a place that has a good one then just save yourself the money of hiring someone else. If however you go with one of these smaller hotels (Marbella, Cabo Surf, etc. then you will need a coordinator.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make a different kind of recommendation. What about renting a small villa/home and having your reception there. Casa Mirador - Corridor, Cabo San Lucas Luxury Villa Rental

This one rents for $700 per night and sleeps 11 guests. This could work for you since most of your guests are going to use their timeshare anyway. It is private and while I am not sure if this has access to the beach, if it does it would be completely private. And I would recommend not using a WC so that you can save money and just do all your research on this forum and on the Internet. Just a thought.

-Glenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacgarcia View Post
Amber I wasn't suggesting Cancun.. I only suggest you may want to check out Fiesta Americana in Los Cabos.. maybe it's a bit more expensive but not too much..
Thanks Anny. You're right about FA. It actually has one of the least expensive location fees in Cabo and it looks beautiful! They do kind of get you on the food/bev prices but I think it may even out. Thanks for the tip!