*The official Aruba Brides CHAT thread*

Heidi

It's going to be a small affair, about 30 people. We're getting married at the Westin in July. I'm excited. I'm imagining it will be a nice long vacation with my favorite people. I heard a lot of mixed reviews about the Westin, but I was in touch with a recent Westin bride (Nov.) and she loved her experience. She sent me helpful photos that gave me a good idea of what the beach and the reception place will look like. The Westin made some changes in their staff, so the communication hasn't been consistent, but I have plenty of time for the details. I'm not going to worry about it now.

My fiancee's parents are gracious enough to host a dinner for the immediate family (it'll be the second time the parents will meet!) and a day-after brunch. I'm still thinking about hosting an excusion for our guests possibly the day before or after.

Questions for fellow Aruba bridessmile29.gif:

We already sent out STD, but how far in advanced should we send the invites?

Also, who is your photographer? I have a choice between two Paul Van-something or Elthan H. Any thoughts on those two?

Thanks.

smile29.gif

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruba2008 View Post
It's going to be a small affair, about 30 people. We're getting married at the Westin in July. I'm excited. I'm imagining it will be a nice long vacation with my favorite people. I heard a lot of mixed reviews about the Westin, but I was in touch with a recent Westin bride (Nov.) and she loved her experience. She sent me helpful photos that gave me a good idea of what the beach and the reception place will look like. The Westin made some changes in their staff, so the communication hasn't been consistent, but I have plenty of time for the details. I'm not going to worry about it now.

My fiancee's parents are gracious enough to host a dinner for the immediate family (it'll be the second time the parents will meet!) and a day-after brunch. I'm still thinking about hosting an excusion for our guests possibly the day before or after.

Questions for fellow Aruba bridessmile29.gif:
We already sent out STD, but how far in advanced should we send the invites?
Also, who is your photographer? I have a choice between two Paul Van-something or Elthan H. Any thoughts on those two?

Thanks.
smile29.gif
I didn't send out STD cards because I needed to know if we were going to have more than 50 people attend our wedding (Bucuti has a 50 person limit) So i just sent out invitation in November for our wedding in July, and it turns out that most people liked have all of the info far in advance.

I am also having Paul as my photographer. Have you seen any of his work? I heard he is one of the best on the island.

Any questions concerning weddings in Aruba, please let me know as I would gladly be of assistance. If I don't have an answer for you I'll make it my business to find out and then get you that answer.

By now you might be saying who's that nut and why is he being so nice. I am a wedding photographer on the island. Besides that, if you use my services or not I'm always so flattered and grateful to you that use my island to get married.

Bryan Morrissmile159.gif

So I'm back from the wedding in Aruba if you have any questions.

While the place that the wedding took place at had an amazing sunset, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to any of you.

On the other hand, I did go out to dinner with my family one night at the Flying Fishbone, and it had a totally romantic and rustic chic setting that was completely separate from the whole highrise area, if you want a really special setting that feels away from it all! That would have been my pick if I were getting married in Aruba.

The beaches about 15 minutes north of the high rise area are amazing - so please make sure to go to Arashi Beach, Bucuti Beach, etc.

I'll be getting married in July at The Renaissance Island. For those of you who were wondering about a rehearsal dinner, We are doing our rehearsal dinner at the restaurant of the Golf Club down at the end of the island where the lighthouse is. It's called Tierra Del Sol.

I'm looking for information on places to get my hair, and makeup done. As well as a large salon to have my nails and my 8 bridesmaids nails done the day before. If anyone can recommend a place, please let me know.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbug View Post
I'm looking for information on places to get my hair, and makeup done. As well as a large salon to have my nails and my 8 bridesmaids nails done the day before. If anyone can recommend a place, please let me know.

Thanks!
Do you want to go and meet them or do you want them to come to you?
Both options apply.

If you let me know what you're looking for I can recommend you to a shop.

Bryan Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylalany View Post
So I'm back from the wedding in Aruba if you have any questions.

While the place that the wedding took place at had an amazing sunset, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to any of you.

On the other hand, I did go out to dinner with my family one night at the Flying Fishbone, and it had a totally romantic and rustic chic setting that was completely separate from the whole highrise area, if you want a really special setting that feels away from it all! That would have been my pick if I were getting married in Aruba.

The beaches about 15 minutes north of the high rise area are amazing - so please make sure to go to Arashi Beach, Bucuti Beach, etc.
Where was the wedding you went to? Why wouldn't you recommend it? It would be graet if you could give us more details so we know what places to stay away from.

I am getting married at the Bucuti, is the beach there really that nice? God, I hope that's not where the wedding was that you went to!! LOL

Hi everyone,

Tim and I are getting married in Aruba too! Nov. 27-28 or 29. I'm so glad I found this forum last night. I'm so happy to have people to talk to about the trip and the wedding who can relate.

We went to Aruba this past Thanksgiving and Tim asked me to marry him on the beach the first night we arrived. The moon was shining, the waves were splashing on the beach, we seemed to be the only people out there. Tim pulled the box out of his pocket, it had a little light inside so I could see the ring perfectly, it is so beautiful. He said he loved me and wanted this to be a very special vacation and he asked if I would marry him. It was magical.

back to reality...

We are going to Aruba for a short trip on Thursday Feb 21 to pick the wedding spot, check out the Villas we rented over the internet, and spend some quality time together. We are going to see Bucati, Manchebo and Renaissance for wedding spots. Any other suggestions?

I'll have my laptop while I'm there so I'll keep in touch and let you all know what I find.

Suzanne

smile03.gif