Bikini Wax?

Spazz

Ok, this is probably going to sound really naive because I am 28 years old, but... I have never had a bikini wax. I want to get one for the BD pics and for Jamaica. Can someone tell me how I prepare for this, any suggestions where to go, what to wear and how much it hurts (lol!)?

(I searched for a thread about this but couldn't find one. If there already is one, someone please direct me!).

• Like 1

it sure as hell hurt me! they say to take painkillers before hand to help with the pain, but that didn't work so well for me. maybe i didn't take enough.

i just wore regular clothes. i suggest wearing underwear you don't care about because you'll probably get wax residue on it.

I'm not going to lie Lizz, It hurts more than I can ever put into words. Well, for me at least. I always take 2 Advils an hour before to help reduce inflammation and reddness. I know this is bad, but a vicodin or 2 is helpful too...only if you have someone to drive you home.

liz, i get bikini waxes pretty regularly, dont stress its not that bad. definitely wear underwear that have soft edges, and that you are not terribly worried about destroying in case you get any wax residue on them. although your technician should be good enough that they dont leave wax behind. i think a regular bikini wax costs $40 where i go, and a brazilian is $80. you actually should not take painkillers beforehand, my wax girl says it can make you bleed more because it thins your blood. afterwards, they generally put some talc powder over the area or some lotion. you will want to keep lotioning there for a few days to reduce friction with your underwear because the skin will be slightly irritated for a day or so. i am not going to tell you it wont hurt -- it definitely will. oh! also, it is totally normal if during it you start to sweat. dont ask me why it happens but my girl says its totally normal and most people do sweat during and just a bit afterwards. they will give you some little paper panties that really look more like a strip of fabric with an elastic band to hold it up.

the first time i went i was so nervous. but now that my girl has seen my cooter a buncha times, we can talk about the weather or whatever. i would definitely recommend going to someone that is recommended to you by a friend. a good wax person is crucial to your experience being somewhat enjoyable...well you know what i mean, as enjoyable as a bikini wax CAN be! haha

• Like 1

oh and wear soft sweatpants, DO NOT wear jeans or you will be so sorry afterwards!

BTW, i also get my underarms done and its really nowhere near as bad as the bikini line. if you are feeling brave, try it out. i can go like 3 weeks without having to shave my armpits :) haha

I love them! They are painful, especially the first and second one...after that the pain isn't as bad.

I always take an advil before I go too.

Usually they give you these little paper undies. You really can't be too modest since the lady pretty much sees your yahoo. Sometimes I have had people put numbing stuff and it helps a little.

In all honesty I think the pain is worth it!

my FI has all but begged me to get a brazilian for the wedding, and i told him "i will if you will" hahahaha

he was like wait, they do your buttcrack too right? yeah, forget it, count me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraw View Post
my FI has all but begged me to get a brazilian for the wedding, and i told him "i will if you will" hahahaha

he was like wait, they do your buttcrack too right? yeah, forget it, count me out!
LOL, yes they do wax your buttocks region. That part doesn't hurt at all. But it is a little embarassing when you are in a doggie style position.