"An unsettling trend: Brides trash wedding dresses" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Hmmm... I'm not sure what's more unsettling- the bridesmaid in army boots or the TTD. Is this person kidding?

Court- there's an awesome video out there with John Michael Cooper showing how he did the burning dress shot- he photographed the bride, then photographed a blow-up doll in a wedding dress that he set on fire and photoshopped it together. The end result is sooo cool! Check out his website- the photo in question is the first pic that shows up on the intro in his homepage.

altf.com the photography of john michael cooper

lol, didn't see Sarah already posted this, but they are pretty cool pictures

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the author was a man. maybe that's just how I was reading it.

Anyway, i feel like everytime the media talks about TTD, they don't use great examples. I think the fire picture is awesome, but the mud ones disturb me a little. You never see them show pictures of the couples rolling in the sand. I think if they showed those shots more people would understand it. Also, the one where the bride is just ripping the dress isn't that appealing to me either.

I'd love to TTD, but my FI isn't into it. He doens't like having his picture taken, so I know it's not something he'd want to do the day after the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
"Not only is there a 30-pound difference between a girlfriend and a wife..."

I don't really like that article one bit, and I am not even doing the TTD!
yeah carly that quote really irritated me too. i hope this originally came from an opinion piece, because its a poorly written opinion piece even at that... totally ignorant IMHO. TTD is supposed to be an art form, not some way for a bride to unleash her anger and frustration on the dichotomy of wedding planning evils and whatever else... clearly this piece was written by someone in their 60s who just doesnt understand the concept.

and for anybody who wants to see the auction of the guy who sold his exwifes dress on ebay, check this out, pretty funny (i realized that i had seen this before, a friend sent it to me awhile back):
eBay item 4146756343 (Ends Apr-28-04 15:37:01 PDT) - SIZE 12 WEDDING DRESS/GOWN NO RESERVE

I was telling the guests at my shower this weekend at my Mom and Dad's house about the TTD.

And all of the guests (except for 3) were over the age of 50 -- most 70-91 actually, much OLDER relatives ... and they all thought it was a really neat idea. Now, I did explain that I got my TTD dress off eBay, but regardless, they liked the idea.

I explained it to them as a way to get sexy and elegant pictures in setting that you would be unable to achieve on our actual wedding day, hence we are doing ours the day after.

I think the lady who 'wrote' that article is just looking to get a rise out of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
I think the lady who 'wrote' that article is just looking to get a rise out of people.
Or she really wants to start a trend to burn mother of the bride dresses. The way she describes her daughter's wedding I'm sure her dress really does need to be burned! They should throw the rugrats watch and army boots into the bonfire too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Maura, thanks for posting that! I had meant to go look for it earlier and I forgot. The posting is hysterical!!
youre welcome! i died laughing the first time i saw it rofl.gif and i was laughing this morning too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Or she really wants to start a trend to burn mother of the bride dresses. The way she describes her daughter's wedding I'm sure her dress really does need to be burned! They should throw the rugrats watch and army boots into the bonfire too!
hahahahha rachel! i agree. i dont trust anyone's taste who thinks a bridesmaid showing up in a rugrats watch and combat boots is
cute. i can only imagine what the dress looks like.