Navagating the Cancun Airport

After seeing the great guide the PV girls have for the PV airport, I searched for something like that for Cacun. I couldn't find it, so I'm starting one.

UPDATE

Here is the text (I haven't proofed it. Let me know if you see mistakes or if any info is wrong)

Once you arrive at the Cancun International Airport, your first stop will be Immigration. Look for overhead signs leading you to the lower level and Immigration. The lines can get very long here but generally move quickly. In order to speed the process, have all of your documents in hand. As you pass through immigration, put your tourist card and passport in a safe place. You will need your tourist card and passport upon departure.

Your next stop will be baggage claim. The Cancun airport does have baggage carousels, but they are small and there are not enough to handle the amount of luggage coming through. After a few rounds on the carousel, luggage is cleared into a central area, usually on the floor next to the carousels. You should look for your luggage on both carousels and on the floor around them.Once you have your bags, head to customs. You should be able to see the customs line through the glass windows. You are almost done.During the inbound flight, you will receive and need to fill out a customs form (Hacienda). You will hand the form to the customs agent and press the button on what looks like a traffic light. A green light means “go” and red means “inspection” in which case, officials perform a quick inspection.

After you get through customs, proceed through sliding doors and go to the right. Then walk down a long hall. This hallway will be filled with people trying to show you a timeshare. Keep your head down and walk fast, or just give them a firm “no.” At then at the end of the hall there is another set of doors. Outside these doors are where all of the vans and busses are.

Look for the Funjet representatives. They will have on brightly colored shirts & white pants. Check with a representative to make sure you get on the appropriate bus. The trip to the hotel should take about an hour, depending on how many stops are made on the way. On the trip, the Funjet representative will give you more information about the area & activities in Riviera Maya.

Here is a picture of what it looks like. You can download the powerpoint file here Morgans Cancun Airport Guide.ppt If you want the same font, it's called "Jokerman" and it's free on dafont.com. I've never been able to properly upload a font.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to Janine (neen) for the pictures of the airport! smile03.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any pictures, but your description sounds accurate, from what I remember.

if you wanted to add it, you could say that after they get through customs they will proceed through sliding doors and go to the right, walk down a long hall (this is where the time share people are, but they kind of just yell to you from the side, they don't come right up to you) and then at the end of the hall there is another set of doors, when you exit that you will be outside where all of the vans and busses are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
I don't have any pictures, but your description sounds accurate, from what I remember.

if you wanted to add it, you could say that after they get through customs they will proceed through sliding doors and go to the right, walk down a long hall (this is where the time share people are, but they kind of just yell to you from the side, they don't come right up to you) and then at the end of the hall there is another set of doors, when you exit that you will be outside where all of the vans and busses are.
Great I will add it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
Sorry - I dont have anything to add, because I haven't found anything either.

I just wanted to say - I think that's an awesome your doing this! Your guests will sure appreciate it :)

I have some guests who don't fly a lot so I want to make it super easy for them. My dad hasn't flown in 30 years. I want everyone to arrive stress free & ready to party in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
Morgan, we're heading down to Cancun for our site visit next weekend (Sat-Tues). I can def take pictures in/around Cancun International Airport if you let me know what you're looking for...
I thought something like this would be nice to have. Just give guests a heads up about what to expect so they are comfortable. If you happen to see a funjet/ lomas guy I'd like a picture of them. That way guests will see it's easy to spot them in their bright shirts. I also think one of customs would be useful. And one of the red/ green light. Thanks! whaever pictures you can get would be great.

airport%20instructions%20p1[1].pdf

airport instructions p2.pdf