El Dorado Brides - Roll Call

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melba View Post
Sorry for posting so late, haven't had much time to check this forum!

Name: Melanie
Wedding Date: May 10, 2008
Ceremony: 5:30 pm (was thinking Casitas, now Presidential...does someone have a pic?)
Reception: 7:00 pm (was thinking Gaviotas) private dinner
Cocktail Reception: May 9th, 5:30 pm @ Tucanes?
Guests: 20-25
Search for old posts. I compiled pics of every location a while back before our wedding. I have new pics of the casitas location somewhere around here, but I can tell you that it is very, very small. Not possible to have your size group there, probably not even 10. presidential gazebo is also pretty small for your size group. They were building a new gazebo up the beach from the original casitas gazebo that should be ready before you get there. Otherwise, gazebo 55 or the one near the salt water pool is probably your best bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryzeless View Post
Date: October 11, 2008
Time: 4:00pm
Ceremony: Gazebo 55
Reception: Tuscanes (maybe)
Guests: 45ish
Welcome Dinner: "free" at Cocotal probably Friday

We are planning a private dinner reception. Probably the sitdown or BBQ buffet (can't decide). We are planning on a cocktail party but not sure where we want to have it. Somewhere where we can see the sunset...any suggestions? Has anyone heard about the area behind JoJo's as an option? I am excited for all of us. bunny_4.gif
Sun doesn't set over the Gulf, it sets on the other side of the resort. There's really nowhere to watch it!

Didn't see anything going on in that area behind JoJo's ever. They probably wouldn't want to close the restaurant for the wedding party, and it's also relatively close to the candlelight dinners going on so they wouldn't want music near there...

I'm biased since we chose Tucanes, but it was great. Gaviotas is also cool, but only if you had a smaller group (20-30) and they woudl shut it down to allow a private reception there.

Oops, guess I should post this info...

Wedding Date-11/26/07 at 3:30 PM

Ceremony- Symbolic at Gazebo 55

Reception-cocktail hour and then dessert buffett at Tucanes from 6-10PM

Guest-52 of us total!!!

Photographers - Elizabeth Medina and Noelle Roberts

Welcome Reception - The Swing Bar

Rehearsal Dinner - El Cocotal, followed by drinks at the Martini Bar

Let us know if you have any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigopens View Post

Guest-52 of us total!!!

Good to see you on here again! So I was wondering if you could tell me more about the dessert buffet, how much thay charged for it and what it included. My wedding sounds very similar in that we have the same number of guests and the same dinner and reception at Tucanes to follow. Did you ever post all of your pics? Thanks! -Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigopens View Post

Guest-52 of us total!!!

You planned so much during your time there!! How did you do the welcome reception? Was this a private event and did you have to pay additional for this? I am so upset with my planner now, she said that Tucanes was to small for our party of 40 - is this true? We are having a sit down dinner, but I have read so many posts of this location. She moved us to the Health Bar for our reception - has anyone had any experience with this or have any comments? Help the wedding is fast approaching!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoo View Post
Good to see you on here again! So I was wondering if you could tell me more about the dessert buffet, how much thay charged for it and what it included. My wedding sounds very similar in that we have the same number of guests and the same dinner and reception at Tucanes to follow. Did you ever post all of your pics? Thanks! -Holly
Yeah, I've been busy being married... hahaha. All of the pics are posted. Slideshow from our friend Noelle Roberts and also the Elizabeth Medina pics. Just search for posts by my username and you'll find them.

The buffet was very reasonable, something like $15 per person... Had tons of desserts, pies, cakes, finger foods, etc... More than enough for our group. Much more satisfied with this than the appetizer trays... PM me your email address and I can send you some other pics of the desserts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy M View Post
You planned so much during your time there!! How did you do the welcome reception? Was this a private event and did you have to pay additional for this? I am so upset with my planner now, she said that Tucanes was to small for our party of 40 - is this true? We are having a sit down dinner, but I have read so many posts of this location. She moved us to the Health Bar for our reception - has anyone had any experience with this or have any comments? Help the wedding is fast approaching!!!

Yep, we really did do a lot while we were there.

We did our wedding reception informally. We figured that with 50 people, we could pretty much take over anywehre that we wanted to. We just had everyoen show up there around 5:30 (right after they open) and grabbed a bunch of tables together. It really doesn't start getting busy there until later in the evening. We hung out for about 2 1/2 hours and then all went to grab dinner... It wasn't private or officially organized with the wedding planners, so there was no charge.

Tucanes is a little tricky... Yes, we had 52 there, but just for appetizers. i think that it might be pretty tight to have a sit down dinner. We barely fit 6 tables under the palapa with 8 chairs around each table. Probably need to have room for a table with food, etc... I can see hwo they would tell you that. It is an amazing location though!

The health bar is a very nice location too. We saw a wedding reception there. It's along the main beach path, btu down towards the casitas in a relatively quiet area. I think you will be happy with it. They can put longer tables there for a sit down type dinner...