El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigopens View Post
Valeria continues to step up for us! We're at the 30 day mark, wth lots of things to finalize, etc... She's been great, and really working to get the resort to bend over backwards on some issues with ceremmony location, etc...

I'll give the full review on her when I get there and see if everything is done as promised... hug2.gif
It is getting pretty close now! how exiciting!!
I can't wait to hear how everything went :)

Did Valeria contact you to ask you about things to finalize or did you have to reach out to her? Since we've picked the location for the ceremony, are having the "free" wedding reception at El Cocotal, having a Welcome Mexican cocktail party the day before the wedding, and having a private reception for the cake and dancing after the free reception, what else do we need to do? I don't want to get down there and get all stressed w/ what we have to plan! Yikes! I hope the resort knows the drill well enough and will take care of everything for us. We can't wait to hear your review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
Did Valeria contact you to ask you about things to finalize or did you have to reach out to her? Since we've picked the location for the ceremony, are having the "free" wedding reception at El Cocotal, having a Welcome Mexican cocktail party the day before the wedding, and having a private reception for the cake and dancing after the free reception, what else do we need to do? I don't want to get down there and get all stressed w/ what we have to plan! Yikes! I hope the resort knows the drill well enough and will take care of everything for us. We can't wait to hear your review!
I too am working with Valeria and she is great. She is however more reactive than proactive so you should go through a standard wedding checklist and see what if anything you might need or want. I just did my floral order since some include orchids and those have to be ordered 2 months in advance.

I think if you layout as much as you can in advance, the hotel does enough weddings that hopefully they will be able to handle everything smoothly. But IMHO, I'm not expecting them to go above and beyond with additional things that we not discussed in advance.

It should be great though!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bre View Post
I too am working with Valeria and she is great. She is however more reactive than proactive so you should go through a standard wedding checklist and see what if anything you might need or want. I just did my floral order since some include orchids and those have to be ordered 2 months in advance.

I think if you layout as much as you can in advance, the hotel does enough weddings that hopefully they will be able to handle everything smoothly. But IMHO, I'm not expecting them to go above and beyond with additional things that we not discussed in advance.

It should be great though!!!
Bre - are the orchids very expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
Bre - are the orchids very expensive?
It depends on what kind of arrangement you are getting them in. For a boutonnière it's the same price as a rose. But for a bridal bouquet of all cymbidium orchids it is $250, while all roses is $50. For our cocktail centerpieces I got quotes for just four roses in a small vase wrapped in a palm leaf and for the same with a couple of orchids. It was $25 for all roses and $35 with orchids.

In all fairness to Lomas, my experience has been that outside of Hawaii, orchids tend to run pricier than many other flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bre View Post
It depends on what kind of arrangement you are getting them in. For a boutonnière it's the same price as a rose. But for a bridal bouquet of all cymbidium orchids it is $250, while all roses is $50. For our cocktail centerpieces I got quotes for just four roses in a small vase wrapped in a palm leaf and for the same with a couple of orchids. It was $25 for all roses and $35 with orchids.

In all fairness to Lomas, my experience has been that outside of Hawaii, orchids tend to run pricier than many other flowers.
cool - thanks Bre!

Hi everyone!

We got married at EDR in March 07, and while I can't help out with the outside photographer issue I can say that the resort was more than accomodating to all our requests. I dealt with Faith and all my e-mails were answered in a couple of days at the most! While we had a different co-ordinator once we arrived at the resort they went over every detail in a meeting the day after we arrived and things were still able to be changed! (we changed our gazebo location, once we had seen them for ourselves)

We did use the resort photographer (our budget simply wouldn't allow for anything else) and while we only had him for an hour we were happy with the pics. So dont panic if you are in the same boat! The location meens you are gonna get amazing pics no matter what!

If I can help with any other questions just let me know...and good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right place. I found this on Berman Travel's website regarding El Dorado updates:

We are proud to announce some exciting additions and improvements at El Dorado Royale. Guests may enjoy in a completely new infinity section with the swim up bar Golondrinas. We have also added beach beds around La Isla pool and very soon they will be added around Fuentes. Last but not least, at Kampai, the Asian restaurant, guests may need a jacket (even though it's not required), at Kampai, which has been enclosed with gorgeous bay view windows, and is now fully air-conditioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going with the sweet "free" wedding package. I do want to add some things but taking advantage of that. I hear the dinner is good but not real private. So depends on what you want & your budget. I'm in the process of trying to find a photographer. Heard the photographer on site is not the greatest & only an hour long.