Off Your Chest

TammyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
Yea, it's been a long week. He topped it off tho--- after I went to bed last night, he apparently ran another errand, because when I woke up this morning, there was a dozen roses and a bag of Ghiradelli dark chocolate & raspberry candy on my nightstand. I'm so lucky--- he's such a wonderful man and is SOOOOO good to me. :)
Awww...that is so sweet, Maria! I'm jealous:)

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa View Post
Dear husband,

Take some lessons from Frank! I didn't wake up to anything but a sink full of dishes, a whining cat , a dog that had to pee & a 16 year old that wanted to know if I'd gotten the corsage for his homecoming date yet. I want chocolate & roses instead!

That sounds like my life (with the exception of the 16 year old!)

Dear Step Son,

I know you think I'm an expert at ordering corsages because I've done it for you before, and I'm a chick. The thing is, flower shops are usually overwhelmed during times like these & could use some advance notice. It's funny how you are locked in your room "sleeping", yet can get up to ask me if I've ordered the corsage yet, and then when I am on the phone doing it, you get up to tell me that the flower color I am specifying is wrong. I think next time you will be doing this your damn self.

You are old enough to have a date, and stay out until 2 am, yet you can't get on the phone & order a damn flower? Or get your drivers license? Or ride the bus? Or clean your room? Or put your clothes away? Or put your dishes in the dishwasher?

ARGH!!

Sincerely,

Stepmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
eek - why isn't he doing this himself, Christa? man, that kid is S-P-O-I-L-E-D!
I don't know Ann...I've managed to fall into this chasm of not thinking before I act when it comes to him. If I reflect on my teen age years, my mom totally made me do this stuff...in fact, I"m pretty sure I paid for stuff like this because I had a JOB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa View Post
I don't know Ann...I've managed to fall into this chasm of not thinking before I act when it comes to him. If I reflect on my teen age years, my mom totally made me do this stuff...in fact, I"m pretty sure I paid for stuff like this because I had a JOB!
absolutely! i was working, paying for stuff, and basically living pretty independantly for a teenager! i made mistakes, but i sure learned from them. i just worry that he's going to expect to be catered to for the rest of his life. and maybe he'll find someone that will do that.

i just struggle with Paul ... he was the youngest of 5 kids, and you can definitely tell he was babied! i'm trying to break him of that, since i'm not one to baby anyone.

Dear Frank,

You rock! Thanks for taking such great care of my friend Maria. Your spoiling her last night was exactly the pick-me-up she needed, and your chocolate and roses this morning was spectacular. I'm so glad she has you.

Dear Christa (aka stepmonster),

Yes, you and I did all these things when we were teenagers, but we're girls. With the exception of Senor Jason, and a few FI/DH's going above the call of duty every now and again (see letter to Frank above), most guys didn't have a clue at 16 and still don't. Their inability to fend for themselves starts at birth and goes downhill from there! It's not too late- maybe you can change him yet!

Dear Jeff,

While it is sweet that you called me just now at 2:00, please remember that I was sleeping because I just worked all night. Would you like me to wake you up at 4am next time I miss you? I'm glad that you miss me and want to hear my voice, it is sweet of you really, but it would be sweeter if you let me sleep in! Especially since I'm getting ready to start (yet another) 72 hour work week. That's ok, I'll just veg out on the forum for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
Awwww - Jeff's misguided sweetness is cute! lol
I know, it's hard to get mad at him, but he does this all the time... I just think he forgets that getting up at 2 means i've only had 4 1/2 hours of sleep. He's just all excited that he actually gets to see me tonight and wanted to know what I want to do.

Dear self,
Next time, shut the phone off so you don't have to harbor bitter thoughts against your husband.

Dear FI -

Why must you play Halo on the only tv that has cable and a dvr? If you played on the other tv I could watch this one. I know this one is bigger and prettier but you are not the only one here and I want to relax before I get shipped off to Chicago for work (at which time you will have the tv all to yourself)