Weight Loss Success

cheese_diva

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angela, I was not on here much on the weekend, so I did not see this thread. You look amazing and you are amazing. 30 lbs is crazy good. I am so happy for you. Good job. You are totally an inspiration to all of us.

I can't wait to see your wedding pics, you are so beautiful that they are going to be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsButler08 View Post
Congrats Angela. So what do you recommend as good things to cook or eat, or even by for that matter? I always have a problem figuring out the right things to cook, instead of the fattening things I know how to cook well.
I work until late most days and Matt's old standby was always pasta and sauce..that had to change. living in CA we use our grill alot so we'll grill a few chicken breasts at the beginning of the week and I'll use them in my salad, Matt will make sandwiches and we'll eat them for dinner a few times.. A George Foreman grill is great in the winter. That and the CrockPot.. it's a life saver. We made a pot roast on Sunday with potatos carrots & onion. Yum and we'll eat it all week!

One thing we did that really helped.. for every meal, we have a veggie and salad along with whatever meat. Matt discovered he likes salmon too so we grill in a foil packet with some low sodium soy sauce/garlic.

I work in Malibu and across the street is a grocery store..well they've been under new construction all year so I have to bring my lunch.. that helps alot! I love leftovers and I try to make interesting salads.

I really think it's an additude change.. I no longer think about food as a treat or something I crave. (Other than something sweet after dinner!)

What's the saying eat to live instead of live to eat?.. that's sooo true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
You look great Angela!! How long did it take you to shed the poundshuh.gif
I started working out with my girlfriend who's a trainer last year, but didn't get really serious until we got engaged so it's taken almost 10 months. I didn't weigh myself all the time. I judged it by my clothes and when I had to buy new stuff.. I knew it was working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
I started working out with my girlfriend who's a trainer last year, but didn't get really serious until we got engaged so it's taken almost 10 months. I didn't weigh myself all the time. I judged it by my clothes and when I had to buy new stuff.. I knew it was working!
That's great!!! You're my new motivation!! I have 9 months to go (have been engaged since last december) so I really need to start!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsButler08 View Post
My FH loves salads, what types of "interesting" salads do you prepare? I love baking chicken because it is so tender, are there any sasonings of sides that you have with the chicken as well as the fish? I am going to do this later on today and let you know how it turns out.

What about desserts or those sweet cravings that I have after every meal, what do you suggest? And when I do want to conform and eat oreos, how much is enough and how often?

Sorry for all the questions, but this food stuff is my weakness and is what is inhibiting me from losing weight/inches. I also weigh myself too much and get to excited/discouraged when there is a difeerence of +/- 1 lb.
Well, I'm certainly no weighloss expert.. in fact I'm a little ashamed to say this my second round.. I was up pretty high back in 2000 and got down to a size 6 when I met Matt. I worked out like crazy cuz I was dating and trying to catch me a man.. Well, Matt and I started dating and you know how it goes, eating out, wanting to spend time with him instead of the gym... the pounds started packing back on.. and I turned the magic number 30 (I'm 32 now) so of course it's even harder to get off your butt after 30.

Couple tips.. don't weigh yourself every day and only weigh yourself when you're feeling good about yourself. The needle starts to move down if you're feeling thin. :)

I like wet salads.. then I don't need dressing or if you do use dressing, dip your fork in it, then take a bite instead of dumping it on everything. I like cottage cheese, beans, beets, even tuna or chicken salad.. That's what I had today. Canned Chicken, mixed with enough mayo to just make it wet and put it over green lettuce. Yesterday I had the same but with red peppers.. just depends on what's in the fridge.

I don't workout like crazy, but I feel pretty lousy if I don't get cardo or if I miss 2-3 days in row like this week (crazy busy at work).

I always have cravings at night! I got the banana yogurt from Trader Joes, love it.. just a few spoonfuls and that does the trick.. or frozen grapes, my favorite. AND I had an oreo last night.. Darn Matt got the huge box from Costco.. I'm usually pretty good, but such an emotional eater.. I was stressed and it sounded sooo good. Guess what? It was!

There are some great recipes and ideas under the Weight Watches thread.

I'm telling you the "bride-to-be diet" has to be the best one out there!