Opinion's Desperatly Needed!

OK, I have two options and for the life of me I can not decide between the two. Ryan completely nixed my little plan of a 30 plus guest wedding. He insists that this would completely defeat the purpose of our decision to have a Destination Wedding.

Thus we are left with two choices, Ryan could go either way on both these choices so he is not at all helpfull in my decision makeing process.

Please Help.

CHOICE 1: A Private Romantic Weddingmoon = Just me and Ryan going to the El Dorado Royale staying in a swim up casista sweet for a week of total romance and relaxation with an intimate wedding ceremony including only the two of us and the photographer (and of course witnesses etc.) .

CHOICE 2: A small wedding at a lower rated resort (Occidental Grand Xcaret) BUT shared with our very closest 8-12 friends. where we would plan a whole wedding.... i.e. ceremony, reception, invitations etc etc... however honeymoon would have to be postponed untill 6-12 months after the wedding.

Please do not let money be a factor in your decision being that although money would be spent on very different areas for either wedding. In the end both options would be around the same amount, money wise.

Thanks girls

Jackie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would want my closest friends to be there, so I would go with Choice 2. A honeymoon is a honeymoon, no matter when you go... so 6 months later you can take another trip! Not a bad deal if you ask me!!

I owe you pics don't I? I'll see if I can track down my neighbors. We've been so busy we haven't seen them lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
Jackie I pick choice number "2". I think even if your friends fly in for a couple of days to see you get married you'll still end up with a few days alone with Ryan.
Well, I'm not too shore that Ryan and I will have any days alone, our friends will probably stay the week. But that could be lots of fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
i voted #2...if money is an issue, you can always have a fabulous honeymoon later like i am
Yah, there are two issues. Money is one of them and the other is that Ryans company was just bought out last year and he now has his 4 WEEKS of Vacaton time taken down to 0. Can you believe that. WTF! The man has been with the damn company for 16 flippin years and on top of that he is an examplery employee and has never even taken his full vacation time. Now when we finally need to take a couple weeks of for our once in a lifetime wedding we cant. AGHHHHH!!! I could kill the new owner. I wont even go to his stupid Christmas party I am sooo annoyed. Anyway there goes our two week stay in Mexico. Were going to have to hope he at least gets a weeks vacaiton paid by the time we get married if not we will go without that income for the week.

I agree - I want at least family and close friends there, so I voted for #2.

As for that new owner - I have to agree with you. How can you not give your employees ANY vacation time? The way you keep your good employees is to treat them well, and it doesn't sound like this owner realizes that!

I think either would be great...but they are totally different from each other -- are you sure you don't have a preference deep down?? :)

Do you love your friends and can't live without them or would this be done mostly to please them? Would you feel like your wedding was complete if it was just the two of you?

Do you guys have to decide yet?

And yeah, that new owner sounds like he needs some business sense knocked into him!

I voted for #2 option - I think you would really miss having all of your close fam/friends there.

Also, are you freaking kidding me about that vacation situation? Hello?! That new owner is rediculously stupid thinking that a 16 year veteran is going to be happy with losing an entire month of paid vacation. WOW!