El Dorado Royale Brides

Hi ya

Yes, I have attached below an extract from my email that the w/c from lomas sent me:

There is a special fee for outsider photographers of 500.00usd, unfortunately she wont be able to purchase just the day pass, but to pay for this amount, is a special policy for outsider suppliers...

But we can all but try hey??

Did you know they even charge for chairs that you need for your guests 3usd for a plain white chair and upto 12usd for a decorated chair, unreal!!!

Millie xx

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have hired Sol Tamargo's associate, Vincent (need to get his last name). Matt and Sol will be on their honeymoon during our wedding. We are putting Vincent on the guest list and getting him a room for one night.

Has anyone else signed their contract with EDR? In it it stipulates:

"Musicians, Photographers, etc. not booked by the hotel's wedding department are the sole responsibility of the person hiring the service."

I'm not sure how they would try to enforce a $500 fee if it is not previously disclosed in the contract. We'll see what happens but whatever is the outcome, I know in the long run we will be MUCH happier with photos from Vincent, rather than the highly unprofessional hotel photographer we met during our site visit. Also, the hotel photographer isn't available for receptions- where all the fun photos come from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie & George View Post
Hi ya

Yes, I have attached below an extract from my email that the w/c from lomas sent me:

There is a special fee for outsider photographers of 500.00usd, unfortunately she wont be able to purchase just the day pass, but to pay for this amount, is a special policy for outsider suppliers...

But we can all but try hey??

Did you know they even charge for chairs that you need for your guests 3usd for a plain white chair and upto 12usd for a decorated chair, unreal!!!

Millie xx
Would be interested to see the entire email. Can you PM it to me or email it to me? Do they make any other additional comments on booking your photographers for a specific number of nights, etc...

I know about the chair charge, but I believe it's $6 for regular chairs and $12 for covered? I understand that they need to make their money, no different from the nickel and diming that occurs with at home weddings, except there's more competition that the current EDR monopoly allows for.

Not to make you any more unhappy with them, but if you want chairs on the beach for your wedding and then at the reception site, you're gonna pay twice. I've been trying to get that fee dropped, but am having very little luck with that.

So if you need 50 uncovered chairs at the wedding and then reception site, you'll pay:

50 X $6 = $300 for wedding chairs and then 50 X $6 = $300 for reception chairs...

Wonder if they will recharge us for moving flowers, rose petals, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bre View Post

"Musicians, Photographers, etc. not booked by the hotel's wedding department are the sole responsibility of the person hiring the service."

I'm not sure how they would try to enforce a $500 fee if it is not previously disclosed in the contract. We'll see what happens but whatever is the outcome, I know in the long run we will be MUCH happier with photos from Vincent, rather than the highly unprofessional hotel photographer we met during our site visit. Also, the hotel photographer isn't available for receptions- where all the fun photos come from.
Agreed, in the end it's not an option to use their provided phtographer for us. Thsi is one of the things I am most interested in watching pan out. As I've said before, if they want to play hardball on this one and screw with my fiance on her wedding day, there will be hell to pay!!!

This is my official smilie for what that will be like... smile67.gif I will have a copy of my contract and all of my emails in hand, just in case it comes to that!!!

Quote:
We have hired Sol Tamargo's associate, Vincent (need to get his last name). Matt and Sol will be on their honeymoon during our wedding. We are putting Vincent on the guest list and getting him a room for one night.

This is the exact "contract" she sent me when I asked about outside photographers. I have not been told by Lomas that there is a $500 fee for bringing in an outside photographer. I have not signed this contract. It doesn't appear to be a contract. It just looks like policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
This is the exact "contract" she sent me when I asked about outside photographers. I have not been told by Lomas that there is a $500 fee for bringing in an outside photographer. I have not signed this contract. It doesn't appear to be a contract. It just looks like policies.

We got the same thing, and they call it a contract.

There was a page 4 with it, that had a place for bride/groom signatures as well as the WC, date of wedding, and resort.

As far as I am concerned, it's a contract. It says nothing about an extra fee. This will be "Exhibit A" if they try to cause problems... Things will go just fine and my $500 will stay in my pocket! smile67.gif

Quote:

His name is Vincent Guihard, professional website launching REAL soon, del Sol Photography - Associate Photographer - Vincent Guihard Vincent's photography is friggen unbelievable!

Anyway, round and round we go.... I feel like it is my duty to try to educate so I'm going to chime in here on my 2 cents... this thing is real and each hotel has a different owner, the policies are shady at best.... BUT, your words are being heard. EDR belongs to a franchise, Karisma, owned by a total different group of folks. Karisma is feeling this pressure from wedding coordinators and travel agents who are stating their displeasure with the shadyness. Travel agents are the official bed fillers. Less beds being filled and guests complaining about (lame photo services) offered are starting to make an impact on sales.

Karisma headquarters have contacted us, believe it or not, and want to discuss possibilities of offering other photographers. This is a long red tape political discussion, hopefully things will be mutually beneficial for all of us, real soon!

Quote:

Bottom line, Karisma knows this. What you just said is BAD PRESS for this supposedly high end luxury hotel chain. No multi billion dollar hotel franchise wants to hear this about a service offered at their hotel. Hopefully, through our lobbying and your continued chit chat about services that are LESS than par, we can and will make a change for everyone.

I'm smiling here, thanking everyone for your participation in this campaign.
smile72.gif

smile105.gif sometimes I feel like I'm bashing my head though...

WOW! That's great that they have contacted you!!! Hopefully that is the first step in the right direction. I agree with Matt, things will change if people continue to be vocal, and also if people go there and refuse to pay when they try to sneak this up on you.

I've already signed my wedding contract with no mention of this! I'll be damned if they will either ruin our day or charge me.

I wouldn't avoid the resort, but I would know this is a potential problem point. It can be overcome rather easily it seems but may require a little extra energy or frustration. Just make sure to read your wedding contract when they send it to you. Wouldn't suprise me if they started slipping this in there at some point.

Hope the planning is going well Matt & Sol. Our wedding day will be here before long, and you're right there with us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigopens View Post
Hope the planning is going well Matt & Sol. Our wedding day will be here before long, and you're right there with us!!!
its been difficult working so much, and dodging hurricanes when I was suppose to be getting things done... I'm headed down this week for some planning and meeting with vendors and so forth...

We are SO excited.... And of course, as many of you can attest, we are writing checks all over the place for things to happen, oh well, as the wedding game goes i guess :)

cheers & have fun with your event too. Ps, what is your name? And, how about a photo of you and bride to be? name w/ faces is always nice wink.gif