Show us your wedding dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalballl View Post
Hi ladies!

This is my dress. I'm adding spaghetti straps to it, and it hasn't been altered (its way too long) but you get the idea :)
It's a Cosmobella #7411. It was about $1000.

Click the image to open in full size.
Beautiful! Love the flower details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennandMike08 View Post
I had a bad experience with the knock off. I originally wanted a Romona Keveza dress but after seeing the tag of 3k I thought going the knock off route would be good. The dress cost less than $300 but when I got it I didn't like it that much. After leaving it with my mom for two months I got it back and tried it on again and realized how much I hated it. I ended up shopping at the last minute for a dress and ended up with an Alfred Angelo that I loved much better...and the complete opposite of what I thought I wanted. For my body type I really needed to try on the dress to make sure it complimented me. Here's mine:
Also very beautiful! And I agree -- it's so hard to know what will look good on you. I went with something completely different than I had in mind. Congrats!

Quote:
I had a bad experience with the knock off. I originally wanted a Romona Keveza dress but after seeing the tag of 3k I thought going the knock off route would be good. The dress cost less than $300 but when I got it I didn't like it that much. After leaving it with my mom for two months I got it back and tried it on again and realized how much I hated it. I ended up shopping at the last minute for a dress and ended up with an Alfred Angelo that I loved much better...and the complete opposite of what I thought I wanted. For my body type I really needed to try on the dress to make sure it complimented me. Here's mine:
Totally agree, you need to try diff style to see which one fits u the best. A knock off is risky, as you dunno the quality and how it will fit on you. Some dresses are hard to duplicate, so it is hard to be satisfied with the end result.
I tried on so many (more than 100 in 3 months), and finally I decided to get a custom made one with my own design (an empire waist mermaid with an A-line tulle) instead of a generic one from a bridal shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
Totally agree, you need to try diff style to see which one fits u the best. A knock off is risky, as you dunno the quality and how it will fit on you. Some dresses are hard to duplicate, so it is hard to be satisfied with the end result.
I tried on so many (more than 100 in 3 months), and finally I decided to get a custom made one with my own design (an empire waist mermaid with an A-line tulle) instead of a generic one from a bridal shop.
I saw yours, its gorgeous! I learned at the last minute that an empire waist isn't very flattering on my body type. Thats the type i got with my knock off. I mean for some people it works, just not for me.

Quote:
I saw yours, its gorgeous! I learned at the last minute that an empire waist isn't very flattering on my body type. Thats the type i got with my knock off. I mean for some people it works, just not for me.
Thanks, yours is gorgeous too! Simple and elegant. I don't have much "assets"/"curve" to show it off in a simple mermaid/trumpet...heehee...I would look like a squid so I added the tulle on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationsrthebest View Post
Thank you so much! I wanted something different and fun for a beach wedding and my friends and Mom loved the mermaid style on my body so that's what I went with :)
I am so jealous that you have a body for the mermaid style! Your dress is gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolita29 View Post
Ha,ha,ha, I LOVE THAT SHOW! And still watch it. The FI always says, Why are you watching this, don't you have your dress already? And i do but i love to see everyone's different experiences and see some of those pretty dresses they try on and some of them are not so pretty lol. O and tgallo, who helped you with your dresshuh.gif?
hahaha I love that show too! But only watch on the TLC marathon weekends!
some of the dress are very pretty, and some aren't so pretty indeed! My FI is always like "are u sure these chicks aren't just there..not even engaged and just trying the dresses?!" or " WOW...are u kidding me?! $10000 for an ugly dress?!" or "OMG, look at the mom, so this chick will turn into smth like that in 20 yrs?!" We shared so much laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post
I need help!!!

My anticipated wedding date isn't until November 2011, so it is way early to be looking at dresses. My work does a shutdown over the 4th of July, so I was on vacation this week and couldn't help but dress shop. I hit 3 stores and found a dress I love and it is on sale (15% off). My question to all of you is: should I buy the dress now while it is on sale even though it is 16-17 months before my wedding?

I am going to try and upload pictures of me in the dress (hopefully it will work - this will be my first attempt at uploading). Sorry for the other bride in the background of the "front" picture. BTW - I am getting married in Mexico, so I thought the ruffles were a nice touch.

I love your dress!

Who is the designer?

I just responded to your PM about the designer, but in case there are any other ladies out there wondering: this mermaid with ruffles is Allure 8705. I don't think the Allure website pics with the model does the dress any justice. They only photograph the dress from the side...

Courtney